Why didn't Denny just say it...?

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was going to be a 17 week pre-season try out. We'll find out who the players are and move on.

No! He guaranteed a play-off team and said we'll win 10 games!

DUH!

I'll never believe the guy again.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you believed we would make the playoffs this year you are easily fooled.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
If you believed we would make the playoffs this year you are easily fooled.
I never believed it. Denny told the world that the Cardinals would! And too many uninformed fans jumped on that.

Now Denny comes across as exactly what he is!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A reincarnated Vince Lombardi couldn't have taken the Cards to the playoffs this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
I never believed it. Denny told the world that the Cardinals would! And too many uninformed fans jumped on that.

Now Denny comes across as exactly what he is!

overly confident and not really understanding the gravity of the situation that IS the existence in futility of the Arizona Cardinals? Okay - now he knows. Get over yourself with these stupid threads.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would you rather he came in saying we have no chance? I mean really, it seems with some fans, Green can do no right. I think it was bold of him to say this should be a playoff team, sure, but that's the kind of confidence I want in a head coach, and in a year or two when he has the players, I feel that confidence is going to be a major asset to this team.

On the same token, I haven't agreed with all of Green's moves this season, but damn it's nice to see a coach pulling out all the stops to get wins. It's a lot better than seeing no one on the team benched at all regardless of their play (like in McGinnis' last 2 years).

It's just too bad the team hasn't won more games. These are growing pains and it's a shame we don't have a legit NFL QB or offensive guard on the roster.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Dennis Green to come out and say we will be 4-8 going into week 14.

I wouldn't expect any coach to say that.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I wouldn't expect Dennis Green to come out and say we will be 4-8 going into week 14.

I wouldn't expect any coach to say that.

Exactly!! :thumbup:

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
overly confident and not really understanding the gravity of the situation that IS the existence in futility of the Arizona Cardinals? Okay - now he knows. Get over yourself with these stupid threads.
YOU"VE GOT A WINNER IN TOWN!

Haha hahahahahhaaa

Cheesbeef sammiches for everybody!

Free! On me!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

Haha hahahahahhaaa

Free! On me!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ew dude, I don't think anyone wants to eat cheesebeef sammiches off your chest.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say he had nothing to lose, and a WHOLE lot to gain by making those statements. If Dennis Green quit tomorrow, who would carry the blame for the 4-8 record? Green or the Bidwills and the Cardinals curse?

Had it actually happened, he would've been godlike around here.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

Haha hahahahahhaaa

Free! On me!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Do I smell Bigot on this forum? Na!!! Could it be VB now could it be na!!! Just a guess!!!

Allan :mad: :shrug:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
This was going to be a 17 week pre-season try out. We'll find out who the players are and move on.

DUH!

You must be registered for see images

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

DUH!

Next thing you know youll be saying Mc Kown isn't the next Brett Favre ;)

Seriously, I agree with you.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Too bad VB wasn't on the board when Rod Graves, after totally dismantling the offense and replacing them with rookies and the over the hill gang, said "judge us by the team we put on the field...." meaning of course that they were going to have a competitive product by September.

I'd like to see what he'd have posted after the debacles that followed that statement.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

DUH!

Lets call a spade a spade. Or a club a club. What a con man.

All over establishing his authority - over the team and with the Mngmt.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
*yawn*

I guess we should go back to Coach Mac. :shrug:

Yeah we could sure use some more stuff like this: :D

The Cardinals defended their preparation and work ethic, but the fact that those questions are being asked is damning enough.

"No, I haven't lost the team," McGinnis said. "We lost that game."

But it's how they lost that's disturbing to the dwindling number of people still interested. The 49ers scored touchdowns on five of seven possessions in the first half to lead 34-0 at intermission, sending many of the 66,975 at 3COM Park home early.

On the game's first possession, the 49ers (6-7) covered 73 yards in five plays, each going for a first down.

Their last score of the half came when Cardinals cornerback David Barrett mistakenly left the game, thinking the team was in goal-line defense. His departure left Terrell Owens, only one of the top receivers in the NFL, wide open while McGinnis frantically tried to call a timeout.
Quarterback Jeff Garcia quickly hit Owens for the score, then the 49ers laughed on the sideline.

The 49ers gained 496 yards. The 50 points was the most by a Cardinals opponent since 1981 when Philadelphia scored 52. And it could have been much worse had coach Dennis Erickson not backed off. The 49ers didn't pass in the fourth quarter.

I'll take Dennis Green and his "ego" over that anyday.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you want your head coach to say.

"Well we are going into this season hoping for a win or two"

He said before "Why not win while you rebuild."

I agree.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
The 49ers scored touchdowns on five of seven possessions in the first half to lead 34-0 at intermission, sending many of the 66,975 at 3COM Park home early.

That says SOOOOO much. I mean, they left the game they were BLOWING US OUT IN. We were so bad, and so non-competitive under Macadoodledoo that other teams fans didn't even want to stick around to see the lions eat the Christians. I mean, how bad do you have to be to send another teams' fans home by LOSING to their team? Envoking a sense of mercy on the fans? "Dang, those guys suck so bad, I can't even bear cheering against them. I have two choices, cheer for them, or go home and try to forget their painful wails and gnashing teeth. See ya guys!"

Thank heaven for Denny...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard