Who's your favorite "Food Network" star?

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Mine is Tyler Florence hands down. Not only are his recipes awesome he is very easy to watch on his show.

Bobby Flay and Guy Ferri are tied for second.

Emeril and Ina Garten can go to hell.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bobby Flays an effin Douche. Ran into that guy in the halls of my old school. He was getting his picture taken next to his old class photo, and I walked in on it. He was an *****.

I havent watched food network in ages.... no time. But I love Alton Brown. He actually teaches me things.

Giada (sp?) can ride the pig.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Japanese Iron Chef host.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not on the food network, but my favorite "foodie" is Gordon Ramsey. "The F Word" is such a splintered show, but I almost always learn something really useful.

Plus, from "Kitchen Nightmares" now I know how to run a restaurant--simple menu; fresh, locally available ingredients, and new paint. It's really simple once you've taken off your shirt and put your chef's outfit on.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
But I love Alton Brown. He actually teaches me things.

In a knife fight....I would take Chris Kimball (America's Test Kitchen) over Alton Brown any day. Jack Bishop from the equipment corner would pick the perfect knife and Chris would use just the right technique to make Alton Brown sashimi.

I guess I am a PBS guy...Rick Bayless is my favorite celebrity chef.

Also, what is with hating Giada? She has the sexiest fingers in the business. I can watch her sprinkle Italian Parsley all day.

OP
OP
Heucrazy

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Bobby Flays an effin Douche. Ran into that guy in the halls of my old school. He was getting his picture taken next to his old class photo, and I walked in on it. He was an *****.

I havent watched food network in ages.... no time. But I love Alton Brown. He actually teaches me things.

I've heard that about him before. I don't think I would like to meet the guy but I will still watch his shows.

Alton Brown is fantastic as well.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Still like Emeril and always will.. The guy is legit. He actually cares about food and more importantly, about people. He's the real deal though his show has gone over the top, he's still the man...

Also, Giada DeLaurentis ranks up top for me... She too possesses a deep love of food and the entire culinary experience. And, she just so damm cute!!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In a knife fight....I would take Chris Kimball (America's Test Kitchen) over Alton Brown any day. Jack Bishop from the equipment corner would pick the perfect knife and Chris would use just the right technique to make Alton Brown sashimi.

I guess I am a PBS guy...Rick Bayless is my favorite celebrity chef.

Also, what is with hating Giada? She has the sexiest fingers in the business. I can watch her sprinkle Italian Parsley all day.

Interesting take for sure. but Im pretty sure Chris Kimball Be in the middle of laying several brands of knives out on the table, and in mid sentence of explaining WHY the home cook should stay away from carbon steel as a metal option, Alton would go straight to the freebies he got for his celebrity endorsement of SHUN and just seriously slice through Kimballs jugular with his 14" single sided slicer.

Rick Bayless endorsed Taco Bell. Disappointing, yet oddly funny all at the same time.

Giada is a lollipop in a pushup bra. Seriously annoying...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not on the food network, but my favorite "foodie" is Gordon Ramsey. "The F Word" is such a splintered show, but I almost always learn something really useful.

Plus, from "Kitchen Nightmares" now I know how to run a restaurant--simple menu; fresh, locally available ingredients, and new paint. It's really simple once you've taken off your shirt and put your chef's outfit on.
Kitchen nightmares rocks.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Ramsey. He's good and he's entertaining.

I like Emeril the chef, not Emeril the show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard