TIME TO GET RICH: Kyler Passing O/U

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, the GB receiving corp you just said was "really good" is literally a bunch of WR 2 and 3's.

The world where MHJ isn't as least as good as Chris Olave, a guy who already said MHJ was better than him, is so small as to be laughable you tried to make it a thing to win an argument.
I literally & only said GB has a really good WR group. It was a general statement. You are the one that tried to put words in my mouth & tried to turn it into an argument yourself.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's some website guides that will explain some of the language of sports betting.

I used to buy season tickets when the Cards were in St, Louis. OG Bidwill started jacking up the ticket prices and, since the games were on local TV, I decided to head down to the local bar that had an illegal sports book in the back room. I would bet the amount that I would normally spend going to each game---ticket, travel, parking, food, etc. Made some great friends, most degenerate gamblers, all now deceased and looking up from below each Sunday to watch the Cards. I'm a Cards fan but I did not hesitate to bet against them---just take a look at their W-L record as a franchise. During the game broadcast, we'd all be cheering a good play by the Cards. When the game ended and the Cards, lost, some of us would be cheering the loss. Even when I lost a bet, I figured I broke even.

Be aware of the 'Vig,' the amount the sports book will charge for making the bet. At my old bar, it was 10% on winning bets. That is really high compared to the vig sports books now collect. Wimpy, the bar owner, kept all the losing bets and also 10% of the winning bets. We had free beer, pizza, snacks included in the $5 admission into the back room for betting. Farting, belching, cursing, laughing were encouraged and added to the fun. The bar owner was taking a big risk of being raided. Of course, the local off-duty police were in the backroom with us placing their bets. Dem were the days.

This story was amazing.

In online books the vig is built into two-sided lines. So on the Kyler over-under the line is -110 with a 10% vig built in. Bet $10 win $19.10.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans have some weird perception of what a receiving corp should be. Like if it's not Chase, Higgins, Boyd 2 years ago it's weak.

MHJ is possibly the best WR prospect since Megatron. Michael Wilson has 45 yards per game as a rookie and played most of the year with Dobbs, he's going to have a great year.

McBride had over 800 yards at TE after having only 80 through 5 games.

Jordan Love had 4159 yards passing and his leading receiver was Jayden Reed with 793 yards. His corp was Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Heath, Musgrave, Kraft and 9 games of Christian Watson.

Sam Howell was 50 yards short of 4000 and could only get 1002 yards out of McLaurin, nobody else topped 613.

This wide receiver group is more than good enough for Kyler to top 4000 yards.

If MHJ and McBride don't both break 1000 then that's on Kyler.
#1 MHJ is a rookie - claiming he will have over 1000 yards and great success is far from a given no matter what his rep is.

#2 Michael Wilson has not proven he is a number 2 for any team in the league at this point.

Beyond that we have Dortch an undersized slow possession receiver.

Are you really denying that isn't a below average receiver group, one that get's positively horrid if MHJ gets hurt?

I never said 4000 yards was impossible with those receivers - but considering how an injury to either Kyler, MHJ or McBride would almost surely derail it from happening I can't understand how anyone would be confident it will.

602 Native

Reaction score
Daniel Jones, but he's going to see 150 targets this year. Who else is getting targets on that team?
Yeah but he is going to draw the number 1 CB the whole year. The Giants have zero receiving weapons to take pressure off. At least MHJ has McBride here.

Fully expect for K1 to throw for 4k and rush for 500.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
#1 MHJ is a rookie - claiming he will have over 1000 yards and great success is far from a given no matter what his rep is.

#2 Michael Wilson has not proven he is a number 2 for any team in the league at this point.

Beyond that we have Dortch an undersized slow possession receiver.

Are you really denying that isn't a below average receiver group, one that get's positively horrid if MHJ gets hurt?

I never said 4000 yards was impossible with those receivers - but considering how an injury to either Kyler, MHJ or McBride would almost surely derail it from happening I can't understand how anyone would be confident it will.
I get that there are no guarantees with MHJ, but I do think he is ahead of the curve for a rookie. His route running is already amongst the best receivers in the league and he has been taking the same off season approach that a league vet would be taking. The question will be just how much separation he can create against NFL corners out of the gates, but I think he will do quite well.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah but he is going to draw the number 1 CB the whole year. The Giants have zero receiving weapons to take pressure off. At least MHJ has McBride here.

Fully expect for K1 to throw for 4k and rush for 500.
This isn't important. Especially if you're good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so much. Especially if they’re gonna be playing catchup. Look at how many yards Fitz got with dreck under center.
So far though, this team hasn't shown it can catch up. They want to slow the game down, hold possession by running the ball etc.

We will see.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort