Who played football?

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In Jr. High, in Oregon, played on a single wing team as tailback or wingback.

Played Jr. and Sr. yrs high school. Junior year, halfback on offense, punt returner, kick returner, and CB.
Senior year our starting QB broke his arm 1st quarter of 2nd game and I started at QB for the rest of the year, still returning punts and kicks, and playing CB on defense.

I was considered too small, but fast and elusive....my favorite newpaper clipping from local sportswriter described me as:
"A chrome-plated swiftie, small, but unfragile, who can break a ballgame wide open at any time." :cool:

At 57, I can still probably burn most of you younger guys in a 100 or 220. :D

Last edited:

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wildman©
I played and started (both ways) all 4 years in HS, 3 years on the varsity...
Positions:
Fr: OFFENSE - Fl or FB DEFENSE - DB, OLB & DE
Soph: OFFENSE - FB DEFENSE - DB, S, OLB & DE
Jr: OFFENSE - FB & TE DEFENSE - OLB, ILB & NG
Sr: OFFENSE - LG DEFENSE - NG & MLB

I was All-Conference at OG as a Sr. I was also the smallest man on the All-Conference team at 155 lbs. I recorded 98 tackles as a NG. I had 7 sacks in ONE game.

My Jr. year we had a 158 lb all state nose gaurd. While he gave up 100+ lbs to his opponant he was on the QB while they were still in their stance. He was also nasty. Pinching under the pile. One time the opposing coach barged in our locker room during halftime crying that his players were bleeding from the chunks that little parahana took out of them.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
In Jr. High, in Oregon, played on a single wing team as tailback or wingback.

Played Jr. and Sr. yrs high school. Junior year, halfback on offense, punt returner, kick returner, and CB.
Senior year our starting QB broke his arm 1st quarter of 2nd game and I started at QB for the rest of the year, still returning punts and kicks, and playing CB on defense.

I was considered too small, but fast and elusive....my favorite newpaper clipping from local sportswriter described me as:
"A chrome-plated swiftie, small, but unfragile, who can break a ballgame wide open at any time." :cool:

At 57, I can still probably burn most of you younger guys in a 100 or 220. :D

For a guy who compared his basketball skills to John Stockton and Magic Johnson, this is actually a little more humble.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I was a big kid. Made the JV team in 6th grade, in my freshman year our JV team was undefeated and outscored our opponents 188-0. Played on the line both ways.

Made the varsity my freshman year as an offensive gaurd. Sophmore through senior year, I started at offensive tackle/defensive end.

Senior year, our team was undefeated again, I was co-captain, all conference, and all state at defensive end, division III type thing.

The last time I had pads on, was the state championship game in 1975.

I'm currently 6'5 260, and still get the urge to take people out. (Cowboy fans especially.)

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I was a big kid. Made the JV team in 6th grade, in my freshman year our JV team was undefeated and outscored our opponents 188-0. Played on the line both ways.

Made the varsity my freshman year as an offensive gaurd. Sophmore through senior year, I started at offensive tackle/defensive end.

Senior year, our team was undefeated again, I was co-captain, all conference, and all state at defensive end, division III type thing.

The last time I had pads on, was the state championship game in 1975.

I'm currently 6'5 260, and still get the urge to take people out. (Cowboy fans especially.)

Why didn't you persue football further. I would love to have your height :thumbup:

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
i played wide reciever cb and special teams on my highschool jv team. Didnt ever make it to varsity though. Probably because they didnt want a 5' 8" 135lbs wide reciever getting crushed by the big guys.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
For a guy who compared his basketball skills to John Stockton and Magic Johnson, this is actually a little more humble.

That was a load of crap. All I said, and I even reiterated......I only said I played that STYLE. I never claimed to be anywhere near the talent they were.

I think it was LV that started twisting all that around.

And it was John Stockton and Jason Kidd that I referred to, not Magic Johnson.

At basketball camp, when I was still a sophomore, I set the camp record for assists in one week. It still may stand for all I know....although I doubt it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
At basketball camp, when I was still a sophomore, I set the camp record for assists in one week. It still may stand for all I know....although I doubt it.

Lets not be humble or anything :rolleyes:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Lets not be humble or anything :rolleyes:

as they say.....no brag, just fact. :D

......and as they also used to say in the army...."if ya got 'em, light 'em. "

....you jealous or somthin' there Ryan?????? :confused:

Is Madden arm your greatest accomplishment????? :D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB/WR/CB freshman year, WR/CB every year after that. Also ran track (not that great, 55 seconds in the 1/4 mile) and wreslted my freshman year. I had 49rs rookie tight end Aaron Walker on my team (one year behind me) and several teammates now play for UCF.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Assface
RB/WR/CB freshman year, WR/CB every year after that. Also ran track (not that great, 55 seconds in the 1/4 mile) and wreslted my freshman year. I had 49rs rookie tight end Aaron Walker on my team (one year behind me) and several teammates now play for UCF.

I work out with a guy who played for UCF, pre-Kruzcek by 1 year.

:thumbup: Gilbert something or other (he played Arena ball for a few years)

TheRedChord814

Larry David...God
Reaction score
I played for five years, defensive end and full back. I quit when I was in Tenth grade...stupid...because the team our senior year went to the State Finals....and lost to Central Bucks West...who had gone undefeated three straight seasons...we finished ranked 9th in the country that year for HS football, but the next year, it was a rematch...we won..thier first loss in four years...sweet revenge

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
4 years of high school playing Cornerback.....before playing at UNT in denton Texas......Good lord that was a long time ago....Now i play Flag footbal with a bunch of people running the 40 in the 7+ range and thats the sppedsters lol

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRedChord814
I played for five years, defensive end and full back. I quit when I was in Tenth grade

:shock:

How long were you in high school?!?!

pinnacle

Reaction score
I played 4 years in high school and technically "played" one season in college at an NAIA school....but "played" is a rather loose term as I never set foot on the field outside of pregame warmups (there were about 90 guys on the roster..and I was clearly in the bottom 10). I played fullback and linebacker in high school....and was moved to defensive back in college...after riding the pine for one season (and one semester) I transferred to a big school (and completely gave up the concept of playing college football)...

The only football "honor" I received was all conference as an outside linebacker when I was a senior..which is probably why I received partial scholorship from a small local college.. I was also the kicker...probably because I was about the only one who wanted to stick around after practice and try extra points for awhile... My high school team (all 4 grades) had a whopping 15 players when I was a senior - and I did not leave the field for one play the entire season as a junior or as a senior - quantity playing time as opposed to quality!

Of course..this was all about 20 years and 60 pounds ago...

I did travel from Missouri to Arkansas one summer to attend the "Lou Holtz football camp".... basically Lou came around about once a day and gave some motivational speeches..and his players (he was coach at university of arkansas at the time) and assistants ran the camp..I did keep the t-shirt I received as some camp award....I could make a compete fool of myself and wear it to training camp in flagstaff..but fortunately it is about 4 sizes too small...

:)

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever worn leather helmets or single bar facemasks?

Joel, Kevin? I know you guys are ancient. Heck Section11 is a whopping 33!

:eek:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metal Militia
Did you ever get a "Pink Belly?"

Oh yeah! Plus I got hit so many times that my "belly" has swollen and it is now round. People think its a beer belly, but I say...nope!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by TheRedChord814
I played for five years, defensive end and full back. I quit when I was in Tenth grade...stupid...because the team our senior year went to the State Finals....and lost to Central Bucks West...who had gone undefeated three straight seasons...we finished ranked 9th in the country that year for HS football, but the next year, it was a rematch...we won..thier first loss in four years...sweet revenge

PREP !!!!

I know Mischler - was in a few classes with him. Nice kid. :thumbup:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Yeah - us 35 yr olds played with a rock & wore bone helmets! :thumbup:

You're pi**ing me off. When were bone helmets standard issue? The young guys get all the good stuff. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard