Who do we watch for in the East-West Shrine Game?

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I'm sure we just need to focus on who is playing ILB and OT for sure and try to study them.Anyone know of any big names not playing in the Senior bowl that is in this Allstar game we should watch.

I know this board has tons of great draftniks who know every players names and stats. Hope to hear from you before the game.

You guys cursed my new laptop and now it fried in one months time and Dell said from India(LOL) late last night they would send a box to pick it up and replace it after going through a kabooki dance first with them on the problem. I did'nt buy cheap either. I had the cooler and everything to take care of it. Just could'nt type well on it with my giant hands. It was more pecking. Now I'm spoiled and back on the giant P.C.

I'm sure the CARDINALS crack draft staff has someone at the Shrine bowl this year. Hope its not a total waste rebuilding year on our defense and we get that one guy and a break to make things flow from the last two years.

I can picture Whiz starting to call Kurt and see what he's leaning toward and maybe even try to lobby him a lil' bit I'm sure.:)

Come on Kurt.Give us another year like I thought we had when you signed your two year contract. Heck give us 3 more years while your at it.

stretchthefield

Registered
Reaction score
Official Rosters
EAST
QB Mike Kafka, Northwestern
QB Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
QB John Skelton, Fordham
RB Andre Anderson, Tulane
RB Andre Dixon, Connecticut
RB Javarris James, Miami (FL)
FB Richard Dickson, LSU
WR Alric Arnett, West Virginia
WR Freddie Barnes, Bowling Green
WR Naaman Roosevelt, Buffalo
WR Blair White, Michigan State
WR Patrick Simonds, Colgate
TE Nate Byham, Pittsburgh
TE Andrew Quarless, Penn State
TE Ali Villanueva, Army
OT Kyle Calloway, Iowa
OT Ben Staggs, West Liberty
OT Chris Scott, Tennessee
OT Kevin Haslam, Rutgers
OT Rodger Saffold III, Indiana
OG Sergio Render, Virginia Tech
OG Cord Howard, Georgia Tech
OG Chris DeGeare, Wake Forest
OG Mitch Petrus, Arkansas
OG Thomas Austin, Clemson
OC A.J. Trump
OC Jim Cordle, Ohio State
K Joshua Shene, Ole Miss
DE Willie Young, North Carolina State
DE Lindsey Witten, Connecticut
DE Rahim Alem, LSU
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
DE C.J. Wilson, East Carolina
DT Nate Collins, Virginia
DT Doug Worthington, Ohio State
DT Mike Neal, Purdue
DT Torrell Troup, Central Florida
OLB O'Brien Schofield, Wisconsin
OLB Kavell Conner, Clemson
OLB Ryan Stamper, Florida
ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
ILB Kion Wilson, South Florida
ILB Ross Pospisil, Navy
ILB Mike McLaughlin, Boston College
CB Sherrick McManis, Northwestern
CB Chris Chancellor, Clemson
CB Patrick Stoudamire, Western Illinois
CB Stephan Virgil, Virginia Tech
SS Barry Church, Toledo
SS Darian Stewart, South Carolina
SS Justin Woodall, Alabama
FS Van Eskridge, East Carolina
FS Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
P Jeremy Boone, Penn State

WEST
QB Todd Reesing, Kansas
QB Max Hall, BYU
QB Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington
RB Lonyae Miller, Fresno State
RB Dimitri Nance, Arizona State
RB Keith Toston, Oklahoma State
RB Chris Brown, Oklahoma
FB Ryan Moya, UCLA
WR Verran Tucker, California
WR David Reed, Utah
WR Jordan Sisco, Regina
WR Emmanuel Sanders, Southern Methodist
WR Seyi Ajirotutu, Fresno State
WR Kerry Meier, Kansas
TE Nathan Overbay, Eastern Washington
TE Dennis Pitta, BYU
TE Riar Geer, Colorado
OT Chris Marinelli, Stanford
OT Zane Beadles, Utah
OT Marshall Newhouse, TCU
OT Mike Tepper, California
OG Shelley Smith, Colorado State
OG Brandon Carter, Texas Tech
OG Reggie Stephens, Iowa State
OG Jeff Byers, USC
OC John Estes, Hawaii
OC Kenny Alfred, Washington State
K Hunter Lawrence, Texas
DE James Ruffin, Northern Iowa
DE Jan Jorgensen, BYU
DE Jeffrey Fitzgerald, Kansas State
DT Martin Tevaseu, UNLV
DT Ekom Udofia, Stanford
DT Earl Mitchell, Arizona
DT Lamarr Houston, Texas
DT Jaron Baston, Missouri
DT Daniel Te'o Nesheim, Washington
OLB Stevenson Sylvester, Utah
OLB Jason Beauchamp, UNLV
OLB Dexter Davis, Arizona State
ILB Joe Pawelek, Baylor
ILB Reggie Carter, UCLA
CB Kevin Thomas, USC
CB Jamar Wall, Texas Tech
CB Alterraun Verner, UCLA
CB Devin Ross, Arizona
CB Brian Jackson, Oklahoma
SS Larry Asante, Nebraska
SS Darrell Stuckey, Kansas State
S Chris Thomas, Air Force
FS TJ Ward, Oregon
S Klint Kubiak, Colorado State
P Robert Malone, Fresno State

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
DT Torrrell Troup, Central Florida, very strong lower body and legs, might be a fit for NT. Is considered to be a riser in the draft by CBS Sportsline

FS Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech., also considered to be a riser in the draft by CBS Sportsline.

OT Roger Saffold, Indiana Voted best player on the field in the EW Shrine game. Some project him inside, but most think he has the feet to be a LT in the pros. Good drive blocker and gets to the second level. Stock also on the rise with CBS sportsline.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Also the Fresno state Wr is pretty talented ajurututu. We don't need him, but I like him.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
There's quite a few people that I would keep my eye on, but I'm just going to list 3 for right now.

DT - Martin Tevaseu UNLV

6'2 349 of raw intensity. Short and stocky, with tree trunks for legs. He has a very high motor, low center of gravity and some pretty impressive strength. He is also a pretty good character guy and seemingly intelligent. Has pretty long arms for a guy his height and has a good initial punch. He keeps his legs moving and should be able to take on the role of NT in our 3-4 scheme. From teammates accounts, he is a good team player and is also one of the teams biggest cheerleader on the sideline. I've also seen tape on this guy where he is not only double teamed by a center and guard, but they will also use a full back to triple team this guy.

Has been whistled quite a few times for jumping the snap too early. There have been times where he'll jump into the neutral zone before the ball was snapped, jumped back, and before he can reset and get back into his stance, he gets blown up, I mean absolutely leveled, by centers or guards. He'll need to work on his awareness, and stamina may be a concern. Also, he doesn't face top competition.

OLB - Jason Beauchamp UNLV

Listed at 6'3 243 pounds, he has pretty decent size with the frame to add another 10-15 pounds or so. He is a bright young guy that seems to have pretty good awareness, and a pretty strong drive. He will rarely get caught out of position and he is hard to fool with playaction or misdirection. Looks to be pretty solid in his ability to drop and cover opposing teams RB's.

While his drive and awareness are pretty good, he is not a natural pass rusher as his repertoire of pass rush moves is very limited. He struggles to disengage blockers and is not very strong. His pad level is a little too high at times. I think with coaching and strength training, he could turn out to be good depth and good on special teams.

DT - Torrell Troup UCF

6'3 314 lbs, he is yet another 3-4 NT prospect. Quickly rising up some peoples lists. He plays pretty aggressive and can maintain the point of attack and get push. He can seem to be a pretty immovable object at times. Has the frame to add another 10 pounds and probably should. He will garner a double team from the opposing center and guard, freeing up the linebackers to make plays and keeping the guards from getting to the second level.

Stamina is a concern, as constant double teams will wear him down. Probably should add 10 pounds of muscle. Needs to improve his hand work as his initial punch is a little soft. His pad level seems to get higher as the game progresses, a problem that can be rectified through training.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kyle Calloway, Mitch Petrus, Geg Hardy, Doug Worthington are the main guys for me from the East.

Max Hall,Dennis Pitta, Jeff Byers James Ruffin, Joe Pawelek from the West.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on DE Hardy and LB pawalek...

I dont put to much stock into the actual game itself, its the practices I want to know about. Scouts have already left to get a start on the senior bowl and wont even be the game. So with that in mind I dont care what Hardy does in the game he had a horrible week of practices leading up to this game. Plus Hardy is without a doubt a pure DE and would not fit as a 3-4 OLB. You can probably easily grab this kid in the 3rd round or below.

Calloway - OT had a really good week.
Willie Young - DE - who I was interested in had a bad week. Apparently he is 6-5 frame has been a hindrance and he has no clue how to use it.
Lindsey Witten - DE - no only showed his quickness but a lot of strength as well, good week of practices for him.

All of the QB's didnt look all that good. The best one of the bunch Jarret Brown pulled out to attend the senior bowl instead.

DE - Dexter Davis looked completely lost and out of his league in a new LB position.

Recieving TE - Dennis Pitta showed he might be the best pure receiving TE in the draft.

C - John Estes made a name for himself.

LB - Joe Pawelek kept his status as a late round LB prospect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson