where is my tj for a veteran corner thread?

pinnacle

Reaction score
Texans | Interested In Jones - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 16:21:40 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans are continuing some interest in trading for Arizona Cardinals RB Thomas Jones, despite signing RB Stacey Mack and drafting RB Domanick Davis.

They need a 3rd string running back... They have 9 veteran corners on their roster..2 of which are good..and 7 of which are veterans who have not played much..4 of their 9 corners will be cut...tj will be cut...I would rather take a veteran corner who will compete for a roster spot as opposed to tj..below is a post of a few days ago:

Houston Texans have 9 Defensive backs on their roster..What is interesting is that all 9 are veterans...None are 2003 draft picks or 2003 Undrafted rookie free agents...and 2 were picked up from other teams this offseason (now why would they do that?).

Starters:
Marcus Coleman
Aaron Glenn

Backups:
Jason Bell
Demarcus Faggins (new to roster)
Brandon Jennings
Jason Simmons (ASU - new to roster)
Kenny Wright

Injured last season
Pat Dennis
Derrick Vaughn

What will they keep...5 of the 9? So..4 veterans are cut candidates.

At running back...they have:
stacey Mack
a rookie 4th round draft pick
and a undrafted rookie free agent

Seems they need a backup running back...and jones is a big time changeup for mack - who is a bruiser.

Wonder if we have any eye on one of their cornerbacks? basically trading 2 guys who will be cut (jones and a houston cb) by their respective teams..but if houston thinks jones would be a good backup and the cards like one of their backup corners...they may work something out...

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Dennis is an athlete with an injury problem, but not much in the way of skills. Simmons played well in Pittsburgh as their nickel if I remember correctly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard