What was that move from Rogers?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you have what I had last year after the Eagles beat down then culminating in the abomination that was the Patriots game.

It got so bad I said that I renounced fandom and said I didn't care if they went to the SB that was crap.

Well they promptly went to the SB.

So again this year.

THAT EFFORT WAS CRAP!

I don't give a crap if they were trying to "go easy" all I hear out of these guys is excuses for piss poor play.

There is no way that kind of effort would ever be rewarded by winning a Super Bowl, it ain't happening, hell I don't care if it does they aren't worthy of my respect or caring.

Sometimes you just have to take a stand...

;)

:yeahthat:

I think.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Jenkins did it too. i dont know what belt they have considering they didn't even win their division....

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't get why he was even celebrating in the first place.. he did a 3 inch QB sneak in which he fumbled a spilit second after the ball BARELY crossed the goalline..

Really? That deserved some sort of celebration against our 2nd stringers..

ok Aaron, good job, your #1, 5 stars, here is a sticker...

Now ADub/Dockett/Dansby, lay his ******* out on Sunday and show him what a REAL celebration looks like when it is deserved...

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I've seen him do this earlier in the season, so I doubt it was a "direct" shot at us having the nfc championship. But if it helps fire our players up, BB material!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Thank you. The pass this team is getting on the board using that vanilla excuse is ridiculous.

It's one thing to come out flat and play a poor game and then bounce back the following week as this team has been know to do.

It's a totally different thing to actually "plan" to give 70% and not give a ****, and get the snot knocked out of you, and proclaim to the world, hey, we just were just going vanilla - and then- all of sudden "try" to come back and knock the snot out of them.

GB is not just suddenly going to succumb to our will because some posters want it to happen. It's not as easy as saying okay, AW, go get him. Or, ok, Hightower go run amock through their swiss-cheese because now we are ready to play.

We are not that good. And they are not that bad.

Another thing, funny how injuries seem to occur when you try and go easy in this game. This game was not meant to be played at anything less that 110%. It's the football Gods making a statement.

I hope I'm wrong. But...

I'm with Red here. This game has me worried beyond belief. Rodgers carved us up twice now and you could put all the spin on it you want that it was an exhibiton game and a meaningless game but the way GB did it so effortlessly is what has me concerned.

Twice now GB scored multiple times on our 1st string in the 1st qtr of each game and did it so quickly that our heads were spinning. Wiz and Davis had better come up with a real different game plan defensively or we are going to see a 14-0 or 17-0 game after one quarter and it won't be in our favor either.

They better figure out a way to move the ball down the field too in the 1st qtr to keep the GB offense off the field.

As far as the injuries go I am not worried about Boldin not playing. The team has proven they can win without him and in fact seem to play better because Warner is not concerned with getting him the ball and he just sprays the ball around to everyone making it tougher for the other team to defend. I am concerned that Campbell and DRC won't be 100% on Sunday.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm with Red here. This game has me worried beyond belief. Rodgers carved us up twice now and you could put all the spin on it you want that it was an exhibiton game and a meaningless game but the way GB did it so effortlessly is what has me concerned.

Twice now GB scored multiple times on our 1st string in the 1st qtr of each game and did it so quickly that our heads were spinning. Wiz and Davis had better come up with a real different game plan defensively or we are going to see a 14-0 or 17-0 game after one quarter and it won't be in our favor either.

They better figure out a way to move the ball down the field too in the 1st qtr to keep the GB offense off the field.

As far as the injuries go I am not worried about Boldin not playing. The team has proven they can win without him and in fact seem to play better because Warner is not concerned with getting him the ball and he just sprays the ball around to everyone making it tougher for the other team to defend. I am concerned that Campbell and DRC won't be 100% on Sunday.

In a hard hitting game like this one will be I hate the thought of Boldin not playing. This is going to be a war and we need Q in this game. They will shut down Fitz and dare us to beat them with Breaston and Doucet. I don't think we can.

Reaction score
Send 6 or 7 on their patchwork o-line and we should knock him down several times

Aaron Rodgers before November 8: Sacked 37 times

Aaron Rodgers since November 8: Sacked 13 times

Aaron Rodgers versus the blitz: 118-172 (69%), 1631 yards, 10 TD, 3 INT, 110.9 QB rating.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank you. The pass this team is getting on the board using that vanilla excuse is ridiculous.

It's one thing to come out flat and play a poor game and then bounce back the following week as this team has been know to do.

It's a totally different thing to actually "plan" to give 70% and not give a ****, and get the snot knocked out of you, and proclaim to the world, hey, we just were just going vanilla - and then- all of sudden "try" to come back and knock the snot out of them.

GB is not just suddenly going to succumb to our will because some posters want it to happen. It's not as easy as saying okay, AW, go get him. Or, ok, Hightower go run amock through their swiss-cheese because now we are ready to play.

We are not that good. And they are not that bad.

Another thing, funny how injuries seem to occur when you try and go easy in this game. This game was not meant to be played at anything less that 110%. It's the football Gods making a statement.

I hope I'm wrong. But...

THANK YOU! I referred to this in another thread, but the fact that Wisenhunt chose to go vanilla doesn't excuse the fact that the game is a reality and it actually happened how it did.

That being said, these are the wild cards that could swing things in your favor Sunday, and it would require a complete reversal of trends we've seen all season.

1) Warner makes his typical move from regular season Kurt to post season Kurt. Packers defense can't get pressure. Lack of depth past starting corners/safeties is exposed for the Packers.

2) The increased speed of the playoffs get in the head of Rodgers in his first game, and he and the Packers do something they haven't done all year: turn the ball over.

The trends show that the Packers EXCEL in getting pressure on the QB (11.72% negative pass plays; INT/sack) and that Rodgers DOESN'T turn the ball over (7 INTs, least in the NFL; +24 turnover differential).

I'm hoping enough Packer fans can be in house to negate the noise factor some what. But I'm tired of being counted out merely because we delivered our ass kicking with the full blessing of Wisenhunt on Sunday.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan, if you're still there... 'Course I'm sure you'll stick around...

Why don't the cheeseheads REMOVE their cheeseheads for our National Anthem? We'd invite you to do just that.

Hmmm... Dan left.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you!

Please pass it along.

I'll do what I can. That's a bit shocking to me. I know by attending multiple games at Lambeau per season that I've NEVER seen someone leave a hat (or cheesehead) on during the national anthem. People in this part of the country don't stand for that. Someone would get an earful.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll do what I can. That's a bit shocking to me. I know by attending multiple games at Lambeau per season that I've NEVER seen someone leave a hat (or cheesehead) on during the national anthem. People in this part of the country don't stand for that. Someone would get an earful.

Fair enough.

Any thoughts on what started this thread? Rogers' "move"? Pretty bush league for a QB to do it IMHO.

Reaction score
Fair enough.

Any thoughts on what started this thread? Rogers' "move"? Pretty bush league for a QB to do it IMHO.

The belt celebration?

Did it against the Steelers as well. Said it's some sort of inside joke with a couple of friends. Promised, with a smirk, to enlighten us during the off season.

I can promise you guys, after talking to him at training camp for the past few years (even when his celebrity hadn't exploded yet) that he's as down to earth a guy as you'll ever find. Very unassuming. Definitely confident in his abilities. But has quite a bit of fun on and off the field.

He has a running joke now that he's tried to be in every captain's photo for the Packers dating back a few years. Here's a montage of the ones he's successfully infiltrated.

http://incolor.inebraska.com/billd/images/SAS/rodgerssistinechapel.jpg

And if anyone has a desire to see what Aaron is all about, here's an interview a few week's back by Packers guard Daryn Colledge on a segment he does for Packers.com called "The Colledge Experience".

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/v...7__58fe660ad164__050d81d95c8d/permanent_link/

Check it out if you wish.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92