What should we do with our WR corps in the offseason

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Brown will get paid what he's worth like everyone else. He's a good player. That's clear. Especially considering how garbage this offense has been.

Rondale is clearly not a write off. Way too early for that.
Brown will want top-10 money. He's a good player, no question, but he's not top-10 WR good.

Well, Rondale's had two abysmal seasons out of the gate. They're going to stick with him because he's a 2nd rounder, but for how long? And how long will he stick like AI stuck? If you consider him being on the roster and playing a handful of games a season, I guess he's not a writeoff.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How? Hop is under contract through 2024. Rondale through 2024 also.

Hollywood has another year.

Rondale can't stay healthy, so who cares what contract he is under.

Hop will need to be restructured or will probably be traded/cut before 2024.

Hollywood will probably get extended, will it be before next season or after?

What do we have behind them?

Question marks are there regardless.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd trade Hop while he still has value. Extend Hollywood. Give Rondale one more year to see if he can stay healthy. Sign Dortch to a cheap contract. Then find a taller WR to complement the vertically challenged ones currently on the roster. I've pretty much given up on 2023 as a rebuilding year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown will want top-10 money. He's a good player, no question, but he's not top-10 WR good.

Well, Rondale's had two abysmal seasons out of the gate. They're going to stick with him because he's a 2nd rounder, but for how long? And how long will he stick like AI stuck? If you consider him being on the roster and playing a handful of games a season, I guess he's not a writeoff.

Every good player that hits FA gets top 10 money.

This whole conversation is redundant. How about we just see how he does next year?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do we have behind them?

Question marks are there regardless.

The same as everyone else.

WR is probably the best shape room on the roster.

There's no more question mark than any WR room in the league.

Nuk, Brown, Moore, Tweezy, probably a draft pick. Likely Dortch.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
1 - 5th year option Marquise Brown unless he wants a contract less than what Kirk got. It sucks but you need him to show he can consistently produce before you pay him a bag. You have to have him on the roster if/when Kyler comes back next year.

2 - Hopkins isn't going to take less, you don't want to create dead space in the future, and you have to have him if/when Kyler gets healthy next year. It sucks but deal with it. He needs to be on a tradable contract after next year if Kyler comes back and looks crappy. Extending him would hurt that.

3 - Re-sign Dortch if you can for cheap. Outside of that, let him get paid and take the comp pick because you likely aren't spending a ton in FA.

4 - Draft a mid round WR. Go get a WR who has size and can play outside in the mid rounds.

5 - Can also sign a vet min guy to fill out the group along with Wesley.

EDIT: changed franchise to 5th year option. Thanks Brit.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Every good player that hits FA gets top 10 money.

This whole conversation is redundant. How about we just see how he does next year?
Agreed, Brown, to this point has had a better career than Kirk had before FA last year. He'll probably get as much, if not more, on a FA deal. Hopefully he can be resigned in AZ to something cap friendly. I think he played really well, in absence of Hop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 - Franchise Marquise Brown unless he wants a contract less than what Kirk got. It sucks but you do it because you don't want to create more holes to fill when you already have a lot of holes to fill. You have to have him on the roster if/when Kyler comes back next year.

We don't have to do this until 2024 though. He's already under contract next year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The same as everyone else.

WR is probably the best shape room on the roster.

There's no more question mark than any WR room in the league.

Nuk, Brown, Moore, Tweezy, probably a draft pick. Likely Dortch.

Our roster mostly sucks save for a few above average players.

Not sure how relevant WR issues other teams have in discussing the question marks on our team.

Next year we know our corps, but after that it's anyone's guess.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd trade Hop while he still has value. Extend Hollywood. Give Rondale one more year to see if he can stay healthy. Sign Dortch to a cheap contract. Then find a taller WR to complement the vertically challenged ones currently on the roster. I've pretty much given up on 2023 as a rebuilding year.
Dortch can do everything Rondale can do. I'm good with letting him go. Nice kid, but you gotta stay healthy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a profound statement.

I declare we no longer need ASFN. All our problems are solved and discussions are moot because every other team also has problems.

In this case yes. There's no problem here. At least not one that needs adding to the list.

Its like worrying about missing a dinner date next week while everything you own is burning and you're in the middle of it.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In this case yes. There's no problem here. At least not one that needs adding to the list.

Its like worrying about missing a dinner date next week while everything you own is burning and you're in the middle of it.

There's multiple threads and multiple subjects. They can be discussed simultaneously in different threads.

Opnions about different parts of the team with varying amounts of "priority" can be discussed.

If you see no issue with the WR core and you said your piece, why are you still here?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think letting Hop go now or next year is like letting Calais Campbell go in 2016. Hopkins is a very special talent and has not shown age related decline.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would DHop restructure his deal? This offense will be a mess again next year for a variety of reasons.

I expect him to ask for a trade

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I'd like to see if Wesley can get healthy too. Lost season for him as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Rondale one thing is don't mistake him going on IR with him having to miss the entire rest of the season because he can't play. My take is they're 4-9 and they figured it makes no sense at all to bring him back this year so put him on IR. If we were 9-4 my guess is he would not be going on IR.

BUt yeah huge year for him next year he HAS to stay healthy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would DHop restructure his deal? This offense will be a mess again next year for a variety of reasons.

I expect him to ask for a trade

I restructure only changes how he receives his money and how it effects the cap. It's doesn't change his deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard