What should we do with our WR corps in the offseason

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't cite the games Rondale Moore actually missed when discussing Rondale Moore missing games. Some of those games may have been missed because he doesn't want to play in them. Like the games I'm asserting without evidence he's currently missing. Thanks.

So to be clear you feel completely free to say he missed a bunch of games injured as a junior with no evidence he was actually hurt. But I'm not free to speculate that they put him on IR because there was no point bringing him back this year?

Thanks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So to be clear you feel completely free to say he missed a bunch of games injured as a junior with no evidence he was actually hurt. But I'm not free to speculate that they put him on IR because there was no point bringing him back this year?

Thanks.
So you’re saying it’s better that he quit on his college team and now his employer because it means at least he’s not injured again?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re saying it’s better that he quit on his college team and now his employer because it means at least he’s not injured again?

OMG are you not old enough to remember 2020 and Covid? He didn't quit on his college team they cancelled the season. august 6th he announced he would sit out the season, focus on graduating early and get ready for the next draft. Aug 11 the Big 10 cancelled the season. Rondale was one of MANY players who had already announced he was going to sit out the season because of Covid. The Big 10 and the Pac 12 both cancelled their season. Then players starting transferring to conferences that did NOT cancel. Sep 16 they did a 180 and announced they WOULD play football and the season would start Oct 23. so 5 weeks to get ready for a player who had already said he was going to sit out the season and wasn't working out for football because he knew he was going to be in the draft the next season. Then he changed his mind and decided to come back.

The Purdue coach literally had a script he read every week when asked about Rondale because privacy rules didn't allow him to say if he was injured or not. Nobody really knows but it was widely assumed that he wasn't, he just had to get in football shape and 5 weeks isn't enough time to get in football shape.

This year he missed time with the hammy, which for a guy with his legs is not a shock I think he should be working on flexibility not strength. Then he came back and got the groin injury. Then we lost the 9th game it was blatantly obvious we weren't going to make the postseason so it just IMO makes sense to sit him the rest of the year and let that completely heal instead of trying to get him back. I'm admitting up front that's my opinion, you're now trying to blame someone for choosing to sit out the Covid year when lots of kids initially made that decision because nobody had a clue what was going to happen.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I say keep what we have and add one whether a mid level free agent or a third rounder that catches our eye.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Rondale too but I have to admit if he's having the same injury issues next year I would be ready to move on. I think he's talented and was severely misused by Kliff last year, but he HAS to be healthy next year. You can't miss this many games. That said as I said the other day I believe if we had a winning record he'd be playing right now, it just makes no sense to risk further injury so they put him on IR.

I agree, but nowhere near enough time has lapsed to make this judgement.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG are you not old enough to remember 2020 and Covid? He didn't quit on his college team they cancelled the season. august 6th he announced he would sit out the season, focus on graduating early and get ready for the next draft. Aug 11 the Big 10 cancelled the season. Rondale was one of MANY players who had already announced he was going to sit out the season because of Covid. The Big 10 and the Pac 12 both cancelled their season. Then players starting transferring to conferences that did NOT cancel. Sep 16 they did a 180 and announced they WOULD play football and the season would start Oct 23. so 5 weeks to get ready for a player who had already said he was going to sit out the season and wasn't working out for football because he knew he was going to be in the draft the next season. Then he changed his mind and decided to come back.

The Purdue coach literally had a script he read every week when asked about Rondale because privacy rules didn't allow him to say if he was injured or not. Nobody really knows but it was widely assumed that he wasn't, he just had to get in football shape and 5 weeks isn't enough time to get in football shape.

This year he missed time with the hammy, which for a guy with his legs is not a shock I think he should be working on flexibility not strength. Then he came back and got the groin injury. Then we lost the 9th game it was blatantly obvious we weren't going to make the postseason so it just IMO makes sense to sit him the rest of the year and let that completely heal instead of trying to get him back. I'm admitting up front that's my opinion, you're now trying to blame someone for choosing to sit out the Covid year when lots of kids initially made that decision because nobody had a clue what was going to happen.

Can't let facts get in the way of hating on the kid that's done nothing except play well when in the team and get his with separate random injuries.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, but nowhere near enough time has lapsed to make this judgement.

I think there likely is an issue with Rondale relating to his legs. If you go back to predraft and you can find it on here, Harry was saying Rondale was one of the most debated prospects in the draft because some scouts felt he overdid the leg lifts and got too strong in the lower body which had both slowed him down and increased the likelihood he'd have leg injuries which led to the hammy his soph year. Then he skipped most of the running stuff at the combine due to a hamstring and that just elevated the concern. He had a great pro day 4.32 40 great jumps etc and that pushed him back up the draft.

So soph year ended by hammy, combine cut short by hammy, 2nd year in NFL had both a hammy and a groin. I think he needs to focus on flexibility and stretching not lifting to try and fix that issue.

I'm just saying holding his junior year against him is just not fair there were even rumors the reason he skipped 3 games is he may have had Covid.

It makes no sense to do anything with him now he's on a first contract, he's affordable and he was playing relaly well when he got hurt. But if he has more leg issues this year that would probably change my opinion

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Christian Kirk is the standard for a successful 2nd round WR pick, correct?

I mean, I haven't looked it up, but I bet Moore's numbers pale in comparison to Kirks for years one and two. It's not exactly apples to apples because Krik was probably our primary option in 18 and 19, but still, Moore's production has not been commensurate with his draft position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there likely is an issue with Rondale relating to his legs. If you go back to predraft and you can find it on here, Harry was saying Rondale was one of the most debated prospects in the draft because some scouts felt he overdid the leg lifts and got too strong in the lower body which had both slowed him down and increased the likelihood he'd have leg injuries which led to the hammy his soph year. Then he skipped most of the running stuff at the combine due to a hamstring and that just elevated the concern. He had a great pro day 4.32 40 great jumps etc and that pushed him back up the draft.

So soph year ended by hammy, combine cut short by hammy, 2nd year in NFL had both a hammy and a groin. I think he needs to focus on flexibility and stretching not lifting to try and fix that issue.

I'm just saying holding his junior year against him is just not fair there were even rumors the reason he skipped 3 games is he may have had Covid.

It makes no sense to do anything with him now he's on a first contract, he's affordable and he was playing relaly well when he got hurt. But if he has more leg issues this year that would probably change my opinion

Kids only just turned 22. He's still been growing.

I'm confident as he adjusts to the NFL and learns what his body needs and can handle he will be fine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Christian Kirk is the standard for a successful 2nd round WR pick, correct?

I mean, I haven't looked it up, but I bet Moore's numbers pale in comparison to Kirks for years one and two. It's not exactly apples to apples because Krik was probably our primary option in 18 and 19, but still, Moore's production has not been commensurate with his draft position.

He has 3 yards per game less this year than Kirk had in year 2.

And Kirks year 2 was him, Larry's corpse, Damiere Byrd and Pharoah Cooper. So Kirk was right up there in the receiving priority list.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

And Kirks year 2 was him, Larry's corpse, Damiere Byrd and Pharoah Cooper. So Kirk was right up there in the receiving priority list.
How many yards per game over 17 games? Or, rather, how many games did each of them play? You're pretending as if they had equal production, basically, which is grossly misleading. Availability matters a great deal.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many yards per game over 17 games? Or, rather, how many games did each of them play? You're pretending as if they had equal production, basically, which is grossly misleading. Availability matters a great deal.

No. Were comparing the production or Kirk vs Rondale based on talent in the games they have played.

In fact I remember all these conversation about Kirk aswell who only played 12 games as a rookie and 13 in year 2 with repeated ankle injuries.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No. Were comparing the production or Kirk vs Rondale based on talent in the games they have played.

In fact I remember all these conversation about Kirk aswell who only played 12 games as a rookie and 13 in year 2 with repeated ankle injuries.
You're doing this because you don't believe that the most important ability in the NFL is availability.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Funny how you change rhythms when it suits your argument.

2021: AJ Green’s 800 yards show that he’s still a good receiver!

2022: Larry Fitzgeralds 2019 800 yards makes him a corpse.

2019 kirk: 709 yards
2022 Moore: 414 yards and who knows when he plays again - as has often been said, the most important ability is availability.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No the entirety of the conversation has been about availability, not physical capability. No one is saying he sucks on the field, they’re just accurately pointing out he isn’t on the field enough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're doing this because you don't believe that the most important ability in the NFL is availability.
Cmon K9, you know if Rondale had only played in 3 games but we won all 3 Brit would be crowing that Rondale is al all pro because he’s undefeated. Who cares how many games he plays?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cmon K9, you know if Rondale had only played in 3 games but we won all 3 Brit would be crowing that Rondale is al all pro because he’s undefeated. Who cares how many games he plays?
I dunno, maybe. I'm not going to project that on him.

He's consistently said that injuries are random and just because Moore has been injured/unavailable for significant stretches of the past four seasons is not a predictor of whether he'll be available in the future.

It's just as likely that Moore plays 17 games for the next eight seasons as he continues to show promise for five games next year before disappearing again into the trainer's room.

NO ONE CAN KNOW.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe. I'm not going to project that on him.

He's consistently said that injuries are random and just because Moore has been injured/unavailable for significant stretches of the past four seasons is not a predictor of whether he'll be available in the future.

It's just as likely that Moore plays 17 games for the next eight seasons as he continues to show promise for five games next year before disappearing again into the trainer's room.

NO ONE CAN KNOW.
Moore will never play a full season

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is a very talented, athletically gifted wide receiver who has had injuries his first two years in the league. He's under contract for the next two years, and as our number 3 wide receiver we can afford to see if he can stay healthy. Maybe yes, maybe no. Look at DJ Humphrey's first two years. I like his talent and hope he avoids injuries next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm doing this because the original question was how they compare when they played.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said every Tavon Austin fan.

Your height has absolutely nothing to do with your likelyhood of injury. Your weight and build is far more important. Ray Rice was 5'8" but 215, would he have been any different if he was 5'6" or 5'10"?

For every Austin there's 20 Wes Welker's or Darren Sproles.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Your height has absolutely nothing to do with your likelyhood of injury. Your weight and build is far more important. Ray Rice was 5'8" but 215, would he have been any different if he was 5'6" or 5'10"?

For every Austin there's 20 Wes Welker's or Darren Sproles.
Um, no. No there isn't. Not even close. Very small football players are still an exception, not a rule. There are some nice exceptions in the NFL today, but that's what they are: exceptions.

His injury history increases his likelihood of injury, clearly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard