What should we do with our WR corps in the offseason

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would find a way to secure both D-Hop and Brown. This is a passing league, and you need two legit WRs. I would reward and keep Dortch, he is an inexpensive third option and is solid. I would keep Cooper, the NFL is a game of inches and just an added return of 5 or 10 yards is huge with field position and he is adequate as depth at the position. I would let go Anderson, Green and trade Moore if anyone wants him for a bag of chips because you cannot depend on him being available and he has not earned taking first team reps from Dortch and then not being able to contribute on game day. You fill the one or two remaining spots with a competent player by a competent GM

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing except extent Dortch. Possibly restructure Hopkins to free up some cap.

I don't understand people hating on Moore because he got injured. He didn't do it on purpose.

What purpose would it serve the org to trade him for a "bag of chips"? He averages 82 yards a game through the last 3 games before injury. He's 22 years old.

Imagine if we traded Hump in after 3 years of none stop injuries.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Nothing except extent Dortch. Possibly restructure Hopkins to free up some cap.

I don't understand people hating on Moore because he got injured. He didn't do it on purpose.

What purpose would it serve the org to trade him for a "bag of chips"? He averages 82 yards a game through the last 3 games before injury. He's 22 years old.

Imagine if we traded Hump in after 3 years of none stop injuries.
I love Hump (I think he is also a very underrated leader) but right now he is not playing due to injuries. Moore's inability to stay healthy goes back to college and though he has an extremely compact frame and is strong, he still can't stay healthy. I understand where you are coming from, but with Moore I see a pattern that I personally can't get behind and he is still young, so can you imagine what might happen when you put more wear and tear on him... and I do not want just any bag of chips, but kettle cooked with jalapenos and olive oil lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I may want us to extend D-Hop, but I'm leaning towards getting maximum trade value for him. If Hollywood will sign a sensible extension, then do it. Otherwise, trade him as well, even though we'll take a loss. This team is a dumpster fire and we won't be challenging next season. D-Hop will be aged in two seasons, and we don't need to break the bank on Hollywood--he's not a top #1 in the league. Burn it down this offseason, clean house, and start from the beginning. Then pray that KM somehow gets it and comes back better.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I may want us to extend D-Hop, but I'm leaning towards getting maximum trade value for him. If Hollywood will sign a sensible extension, then do it. Otherwise, trade him as well, even though we'll take a loss. This team is a dumpster fire and we won't be challenging next season. D-Hop will be aged in two seasons, and we don't need to break the bank on Hollywood--he's not a top #1 in the league. Burn it down this offseason, clean house, and start from the beginning. Then pray that KM somehow gets it and comes back better.
All I know is that we need a true #1 and #2, and Hopkins and Brown fulfill that. Speed is not Hopkins' forte, but running precise routes with an amazing catch radius, hence he can play for about three more years at a high level. You just can't find replacements so easy in the draft (when those picks need to go to the trenches) and why go free agency when it will cost you about the same when you already have the players in house

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love Hump (I think he is also a very underrated leader) but right now he is not playing due to injuries. Moore's inability to stay healthy goes back to college and though he has an extremely compact frame and is strong, he still can't stay healthy. I understand where you are coming from, but with Moore I see a pattern that I personally can't get behind and he is still young, so can you imagine what might happen when you put more wear and tear on him... and I do not want just any bag of chips, but kettle cooked with jalapenos and olive oil lol
I do like my chips kettle cooked with jalapeños. :lol:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Keep Hop, Hollywood and Dortch as receivers... Cooper as a return/6th receiver guy. Jettison the rest.

Go after a dude or 2 in FA...mid tier. Allen Robinson failed to live up to anything with Rams...maybe they move on from him. Look for other vets on teams that are stacked with youngsters.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm just imagining watching Kyler without D-hop

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm just imagining watching Kyler without D-hop

You must be registered for see images attach
Agreed.

Watching Skip and Shannon this morning they showed how Brady's bad season was almost exclusively attributed to losing Gronk...the stats backed it up. To a lesser degree the loss of AB, also. It's totally plausible for a WR to have a huge effect on a QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m correct we don’t have to do anything with Hopkins because he is under contract. Moore and Dortch are interchangeable in my eyes and that might not be a bad thing. Hollywood is not going anywhere because he is Kyler’s buddy.
Anderson and Green need to go. We need an outside tall fast receiver like Anderson but he is not going to sign a cheap prove it type contract. Wesley will be the guy we will insert there. Not that he’s the answer. It’s just a cardinalesque type move.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m correct we don’t have to do anything with Hopkins because he is under contract. Moore and Dortch are interchangeable in my eyes and that might not be a bad thing. Hollywood is not going anywhere because he is Kyler’s buddy.
Anderson and Green need to go. We need an outside tall fast receiver like Anderson but he is not going to sign a cheap prove it type contract. Wesley will be the guy we will insert there. Not that he’s the answer. It’s just a cardinalesque type move.
We absolutely do. We can't leave the cap hit for D-Hop at 30M next year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next year is the year to eat that so we save a lot more for the future.
Sure, but no team will trade for him unless there was a restructure. Weird scenario.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s literally bonkers how much capital we have deployed into the WR position over the last five years and yet it’s still a roster question mark. GM malfeasance at its worst.

How is it a question mark?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The playing concerns is that they may not be playing for this team next year, or the year after that.

How? Hop is under contract through 2024. Rondale through 2024 also.

Hollywood has another year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
How? Hop is under contract through 2024. Rondale through 2024 also.

Hollywood has another year.
So when we're trying to be good again, in 2024, Hollywood would be on a huge contract. No thanks. If he wants to take a median contract extension, fine, but he won't.

Rondale is a complete writeoff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So when we're trying to be good again, in 2024, Hollywood would be on a huge contract. No thanks. If he wants to take a median contract extension, fine, but he won't.

Rondale is a complete writeoff.

Brown will get paid what he's worth like everyone else. He's a good player. That's clear. Especially considering how garbage this offense has been.

Rondale is clearly not a write off. Way too early for that.