What? No ASU, Cal thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lets go Devils prove your are worthy of your ranking :) Also my other favorite team the Bulldogs won today beat the Gators 42-30 great game, so if the devils win it would be the perfect weekend

HooverDam

Reaction score
lets go Devils prove your are worthy of your ranking :) Also my other favorite team the Bulldogs won today beat the Gators 42-30 great game, so if the devils win it would be the perfect weekend

What the heck was Georgia doing after scoring an early TD and their entire team ran onto the field? I only saw a clip of it, but that was totally bizarre.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
What the heck was Georgia doing after scoring an early TD and their entire team ran onto the field? I only saw a clip of it, but that was totally bizarre.

Apparently, Mark Richt didn't think that UGA were enthusiastic enough when they beat Vanderbilt, so he ordered the whole team onto the field to celebrate Georgia's first TD against Florida.

Pretty lame, IMO.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
ASU coming off bye, Cal angry after choke job. Advantage Cal.
I have honestly never understood this logic that if a team (college or pro) has lost the week before, we better watch out because they will be angry and pissed.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I have honestly never understood this logic that if a team (college or pro) has lost the week before, we better watch out because they will be angry and pissed.

It can go either way. Sometimes teams get up after a loss and sometimes they just sink lower. It depends on the team and the situation.

You can't make a generalization about it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
How can an angry team plays better than their ability? I can understand them being pissed and play with more focus and concentration to eliminate mistakes, if they made mistakes contributing to their previous loss, but you are who you are. And if the other team plays smart, disciplined, and physical game they are capable of how can other team's anger gives them suddenly a better chance?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How can an angry team plays better than their ability? I can understand them being pissed and play with more focus and concentration to eliminate mistakes, if they made mistakes contributing to their previous loss, but you are who you are. And if the other team plays smart, disciplined, and physical game they are capable of how can other team's anger gives them suddenly a better chance?

In Frank Kush's last game a mediocre Devils team played a highly ranked Washington team. The team was told before the game that it would be his last as coach.

Washington had NO CHANCE. They were disciplined but nobody was going to beat ASU that night. Emotion is HUGE in college football. All you have to do is watch all the upsets every rivalry weekend to know that.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm hoping it work the opposite Saturday with Oregon. Maybe they'll celebrate and be happy too long with their win over USC and perhaps they won't be focused as intensely on ASU.

I doubt that will happen however...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson