What Kind of Contract Should We Offer Levi?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
None at all? :D

Seriously, I'm no cap expert or anything, but I believe Brown's contract number for 2012 is something pretty ridiculous (19 million)?

Even his mom doesn't think he's worth that much.

But, like it or not, he's played well enough in the last half of the year to deserve a reasonable offer. So what would that be?

I might give him a five-year deal for six million a year. Plug him into RT, and sell RG's soul to the Devil for the second coming of Walter Jones.

What say you?

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I vote we don't offer him a contract and wish him the best of luck getting some other teams QB hurt.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving him a fair offer to play RT for us, while addressing LT in the draft.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
there is really not much out there I believe in free agency. There is no way Levi could think he is worth all that money and I would like to be a fly on the wall and hear how his agent will attempt to talk him up. Brown would make a good guard and provide some depth at tackle. You offer him a reasonable contract for what he is worth. AND THEN YOU OFFER AN INSANE CONTRACT LOADED TO THE HILT TO CALAIS CAMPBELL!!! :D

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there is really not much out there I believe in free agency. There is no way Levi could think he is worth all that money and I would like to be a fly on the wall and hear how his agent will attempt to talk him up. Brown would make a good guard and provide some depth at tackle. You offer him a reasonable contract for what he is worth. AND THEN YOU OFFER AN INSANE CONTRACT LOADED TO THE HILT TO CALAIS CAMPBELL!!! :D

Which is why Levi will be able to get more than we think. No way I keep him for the money due but I don't believe keeping him will come cheap.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The free agent market for Tackles next offseason is bare bones. Here is a list of "notables":

http://www.theredzone.org/showposition.aspx?position=OT

The only player that jumps out at me as being a good long-term solution is Demetrius Bell (yes, Karl Malone's son). Other than that, I wouldn't count on free agency being the panacea for our woes at OT, which is why our best bet is to draft a tackle in the first or third round this year.

And yes, I'm finished with Levi Brown. I wouldn't even bring him back for the veteran's minimum. Cut our losses and move on.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
For those of you who want him gone, and I'm not saying I think you're right or wrong, or trying to be argumentative, but what is your plan for a replacement?

There's nothing on the FA market (if you think the Cards are going to get the #1 OT available, I'd like to introduce you to Rod Graves), you can't count on a T being there at 13, and don't say D'Batiste or Bridges because they likely wouldn't be on another NFL roster much less starting at LT. I'd love to see an upgrade as well, but I just don't see where it's coming from.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is his monstrous contract. Cards won't pay it. He will most likely make more money in free agency than the Cards are willing to pay on a new contract. This is exactly what happened with Antrel Rolle and also with Dansby. They got more money being free agents than staying here.l

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For those of you who want him gone, and I'm not saying I think you're right or wrong, or trying to be argumentative, but what is your plan for a replacement?

There's nothing on the FA market (if you think the Cards are going to get the #1 OT available, I'd like to introduce you to Rod Graves), you can't count on a T being there at 13, and don't say D'Batiste or Bridges because they likely wouldn't be on another NFL roster much less starting at LT. I'd love to see an upgrade as well, but I just don't see where it's coming from.

Understand, but Brown is bad.....really bad. Rated by a couple of places as the worst OT in the NFL. Finding an upgrade for him, even marginal, wouldn't be a tall feat. I'm sick of his whiffed pass blocks and inopportune penalties. Moreover, even if we were to consider bringing him back, the dry market for OTs, that you and I mentioned, raises his market value and would be too rich for us to re-sign.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You could replace him with a subway turnstile, and the turnstile would be better; at least a pass rusher would have to pay to go right through him. He tried his best--again--to get his QB killed yesterday. Seriously, we shouldn't be hesitant to not bring him back because it is a thin OT market out there. He is THE bottom of the barrel.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You could replace him with a subway turnstile, and the turnstile would be better; at least a pass rusher would have to pay to go right through him. He tried his best--again--to get his QB killed yesterday. Seriously, we shouldn't be hesitant to not bring him back because it is a thin OT market out there. He is THE bottom of the barrel.

Boom.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As expected, some of the usual irrational, misinformed posters want to be rid of Levi for nothing or to keep Bridges or Keith. Levi is noticeably better than both of them, is a good person and above all, is supremely durable. Hopefully we will offer him something because the sad truth is there isn't much better out there. Ideally, we will find a LT out there this offseason and Levi can return to the right side where he is average at best as a pass blocker but great in the run game.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As expected, the usual irrational, misinformed posters want to be rid of Levi for nothing or to keep Bridges or Keith. Levi is noticeably better than both of them, is a good person and above all, is supremely durable. Hopefully we will offer him something because the sad truth is there isn't much better out there. Ideally, we will find a LT out there this offseason and Levi can return to the right side where he is average at best as a pass blocker but great in the run game.

You are a looney!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only time "addition by subtraction" works is when the player in question is having a negative impact on team chemistry.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As expected, some of the usual irrational, misinformed posters want to be rid of Levi for nothing or to keep Bridges or Keith. Levi is noticeably better than both of them, is a good person and above all, is supremely durable. Hopefully we will offer him something because the sad truth is there isn't much better out there. Ideally, we will find a LT out there this
offseason and Levi can return to the right side where he is average at best as a pass blocker but great in the run game.

Agree with these two.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think the reality is the Cards are going to offer Levi a new contract which is going to be a whole lot lower than what he has now. Levi is going to test the FA market to see what his worth is. He will either end up somewhere else because some dumb team is going to offer him more than his worth or he ends up back in AZ with a contract slightly lower than he was originally offered.

THE ONLY WAY HE STAYS HERE WITHOUT TESTING THE MARKET IS IF Whiz and his crony Grimm somehow convince Graves and MB that Levi has turned the corner and his best days are in front of him. Remember as bad a Levi has played neither of them has really ripped Levi for his play this year.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
top 5, He is one of the best players on our team as evidenced by :

Levi Brown has defended over 3000 pass attempts for the Cardinals in the last 5 years, enough to get us to 2 NFCW titles and our first SB, I concentrate on the 1000's of times he won instead of the handlful of times he lost, While our OC and QB dared defenses to blitz every down! Come on you pukes all you have to do is get around ole Levi to kill our QB.

Kurt Warner averaged over 600 throws a year daring defenses to blitz our oline , levi and our Oline gave up 26 sacks each year. Joe Thomas couldn't do that, No coach in their right mind would ask Joe thomas to do that!

Deuce might be better than Levi? He seems to be on the black list like most Cards star players under whisenhunt, If He played a year for the stupid steelers He might get to play, good or not?

We need QB, CB, OLB, MLB,

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I say we pay him in Tokens. Since that is what you normally use at the subway or train station turn styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard