What is the Status of our WR Corp?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SissyBoyFloyd, Mar 27, 2020.

1. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Man I swear if we use our first two picks on a WR & RB...

BritCard, AirRaid and Solar7 like this.
  2. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I’m not saying we should. Just that appears that it could be shaping up this way.

3. CSDFan

CSDFan Registered

If Larry falls off a cliff physically (which does happen) Kirk has a year like last year and Hopkins is the only reliable Receiver than I think that might very well be the case. Not to mention if Larry retires in one year which is pretty short term. I think at times our Oline looked good, especially when they got more experience together and stayed healthy.

I think right now I'd take Wills if Simpson is there but the other Offensive line options look iffy to me...

4. b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn Registered

Isabella's play isn't a surprise, he was a slow starter in college, so to assume anything else would have been foolish.

If he improves every year, then he will be good by year three. Would love for him for that to go faster, but he just seems like a guy who has to put in lots and lots of reps to get things right, at least he seems to have the work ethic, so it is what it is.

Zeem_Freeze likes this.
  5. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Evening Home View

If we had the picks I would be all for us drafting Cam Akers or Zach Moss in R2 or 3. But we just dont have any ammo this year. Hopefully, we will nail our R 1 chkice. After that, R3 is the only other shot we have to nail a starter or solid contributor. I really love Chase Claypool, if he be there in R3, and feel he and Hopkins could bring back memories of Fitz/Boldin.

6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I don't think anyone who wants an OT thinks it's going to be an overnight transformation. We're just wildly aware that the talent on this line sucks.

If you think we're going to the playoffs, the Super Bowl, whatever, with five offensive linemen who can't sniff a Pro Bowl alternate, I don't know what to tell you.

You've got to invest in the line eventually. Sexy picks get you nowhere when the line is subpar every ****ing year. Our linemen are constantly hurt, castoffs from another team, old, or a combination of those. There's not a single great lineman on this team.

I don't know why you think these other positions are "vital to make this offense go," that we need elite caliber talent backups all across the board, besides offensive line, where apparently, we can get by with garbage. Which no other successful team is doing, but okay. Justin Murray had an okay game or two, and PFF rates us in the bottom third of the league. Rock and roll, guys. Time to be excited.

7. cardpa

cardpa Finding the Field

It's either that or they have more faith in Isabella and Butler than we do.

8. Rain Man

Rain Man Rookie

The receiving Corp is a great problem to have. Just two seasons ago we were thin and now?

You can argue all you want of who is #4 or #5. Bottom line it's going to come down to special teams.

Butler is out and replacing Cooper will be difficult. Kirk can return kicks but the injury factor plays in.

Cardsfaninlouky and mjb21aztd like this.
  9. AirRaid

AirRaid Free Agent

I feel like receiving is arguably our biggest strength. We can add a late round pick or undrafted guy and we're set depth wise. Hopkins and Fitz, with Drake in the backfield is a nightmare to defend against. Then you have Kirk who is really rounding into a good receiver. Murray has all the weapons in the world minus a tight end that destroys the seams of a defense.

I haven't been this happy with the group since 2008.

10. cardpa

cardpa Finding the Field

The WR corps is looking pretty solid and I still don't understand why Keim didn't pursue Ebron unless he did but his offer wasn't enough. Still the contract Ebron did sign was not that significant. He has averaged over 11 YPC which is pretty good for a TE and proved he could be a good Red Zone target with the 13 TDs in 2018. Maybe they have a lot of faith in Arnold but he's more of a hybrid than TE at 6'-6" and 220 lbs. Neither Daniels or Williams are what you would call prolific receivers.

DevonCardsFan likes this.
  11. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

I know Murray wants lamb but im hoping keim sees differently and takes oline or simmons

There are talented wrs every draft but cards must protect murray so he can have a long carrer!!!

Mainstreet likes this.
  12. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Let’s give him another year...

cardncubfan likes this.
  13. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

His college level of competition was bad.

The catch against the 49ers...did you see 4 guys nearly catch him? That's not elite speed (see Hill- KC).

The other concern is his elusiveness...seems very tight. He was never a threat on jet sweeps.

14. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

Well done, summarizes my belief why a wr at 8 is still not out of the question

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  15. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

To be honest I was pretty opposed to WR at #8 because I think our lines still need help but the exercise of arguing against my own beliefs showed me it's really plausible

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.