watching the Cards on my laptop...

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
In a cost savings move (these things only seem to apply to what I want) my wife considerably cut down out TV service. Since I'm seriously considering returning overseas would you please repost the link that enables me to watch the games on my computer? I had more than a few tell me that doesn't work because it would be illegal. Yet I was able to watch all of their games last season.
That is all that matters.

Thanks again.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beware the I-Pad

Don't get me wrong - I love my I-Pad.

What I don't love, however, is that it's incompatable with Adobe Flash Player - which means you can't download/listen-to/watch video or audio of Cardinal games from nfl.com or interviews from other streaming sites that use Adobe Flash Player - like KTAR.

Apparently, the problem has to do with a pissing contest between Steve Jobs and the Adobe people over control over streaming rights (& potential revenue).

Anyway - in an era where access to sports-media seems to be opening up, the inability of Adobe and Apple to work things out really sucks.

I'd really enjoy being able to sit out on my back deck and watch/listen to Cardinal games while still catching a few hours of August/Fall rays.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you move out of the US you can buy NFL game pass which allows you to watch the games live on your computer.

Legally.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What I don't love, however, is that it's incompatable with Adobe Flash Player - which means you can't download/listen-to/watch video or audio of Cardinal games from nfl.com or interviews from other streaming sites that use Adobe Flash Player - like KTAR.

Apparently, the problem has to do with a pissing contest between Steve Jobs and the Adobe people over control over streaming rights (& potential revenue).

Anyway - in an era where access to sports-media seems to be opening up, the inability of Adobe and Apple to work things out really sucks.

I'd really enjoy being able to sit out on my back deck and watch/listen to Cardinal games while still catching a few hours of August/Fall rays.

OT:
Last comment from me before I start working for the day...Jeff that was a good one....I wonder if you were aware of what you wrote. Knowing you somewhat and your literary ability I will say you did.........Pissing contest......control of streaming rights!!! Pretty, pretty, pretty good you can sure hold your own with anyone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We like our Ipad also but I agree, not being compatible with Flash is disappointing. I don't care who gives in first (Apple, Adobe or even NFL.com) because I too would love the option of portability when it comes to watching the game. I've ditched Directv so my only option for the games comes from NFL rewind and it would be great to add a little convenience to that package.

Steve

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT:
Last comment from me before I start working for the day...Jeff that was a good one....I wonder if you were aware of what you wrote. Knowing you somewhat and your literary ability I will say you did.........Pissing contest......control of streaming rights!!! Pretty, pretty, pretty good you can sure hold your own with anyone.
No, I wasn't aware. Mrs. (Dr.) Gollin would probably attribute it to my unconscious thought process working overtime.

Accordingly, the unconscious part of my brain thanks you for your kind words.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Use justintv on the iPad iPhone to watch football.

I don't miss flash one bit. In fact I wish I could get adobe products off every PC at work because they are just a big fat security hole

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Use justintv on the iPad iPhone to watch football.

I don't miss flash one bit. In fact I wish I could get adobe products off every PC at work because they are just a big fat security hole

Yes they are. Just had a computer attacked through Adobe Flash Player. Can't get the dang Trojan off either. Hacked into one of my email accounts and spammed everybody in my address book.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

What I don't love, however, is that it's incompatable with Adobe Flash Player

This is why if/when I get a tablet, it'll be an Android device. I've got an HTC Thunderbolt (Android phone), and the internet is perfect on it, even flash.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why if/when I get a tablet, it'll be an Android device. I've got an HTC Thunderbolt (Android phone), and the internet is perfect on it, even flash.

I was aware of the Flash issue before I purchased an Ipad. I went into it convinced I was going to get either a Toshiba or a Samsung tablet but after a little research, the Ipad2 won out. I don't regret the purchase, there's just no comparison when it comes to apps but I do miss being able to use it with NFL.com videos. Hopefully, Apple and NFL.com will decide on a non-Flash solution because putting Adobe on your tablet is like going through junior high with a kick-me sign on your back.

Steve

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, I wasn't aware. Mrs. (Dr.) Gollin would probably attribute it to my unconscious thought process working overtime.

Accordingly, the unconscious part of my brain thanks you for your kind words.

Playing hookey from work for an hour........

Jeff I am glad you didn't play the "Flash Player" thing into your story, albeit with a little creativity you could have squeezed it in so to speak.

OmeneX

\m/___\m/
Reaction score
Probably, but aren't we still at least 3 years away from seeing it?

Steve

HTML 5 is in use now. You can even use it on YouTube: Link Here

http://www.youtube.com/html5

But yeah, I could see it taking 2-3 years or so to make serious in roads into Flash's interactive WWW web dominance. Microsoft has gotten behind HTML 5 this year with IE 9 using it often and says it will be a major component in Windows 8. Google jumped in awhile ago. Some additional major websites use it also, you just have to know who.

Here's a small informative link if you want.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/top_trends_of_2011_html5.php#disqus_thread

Cheers!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HTML 5 is in use now. You can even use it on YouTube: Link Here

http://www.youtube.com/html5

But yeah, I could see it taking 2-3 years or so to make serious in roads into Flash's interactive WWW web dominance. Microsoft has gotten behind HTML 5 this year with IE 9 using it often and says it will be a major component in Windows 8. Google jumped in awhile ago. Some additional major websites use it also, you just have to know who.

Here's a small informative link if you want.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/top_trends_of_2011_html5.php#disqus_thread

Cheers!

I guess I should have said in full use. I'm almost sorry I followed your link though as I kept finding related stories that pulled me in. Some of the Apple articles were less than pleasing. It's beginning to look like they may become even more evil than Microsoft was at it's most powerful.

Steve