Watching Suns games

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My tuner found 3, it just was not remotely watchable.
I don't know if it was 3 or channel 7, because I looked at both. I had a low def, maybe 480X640 channel 3, and then when I was looking to see what other channels I had, there was a higher definition channel 3 channel that looked better.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have YouTube TV, have been ok with their service so far. I bought an HD Antenna to pick up the games, no dice with the antenna I bought. I'll return it and give another one a try, irritated to say the least. I paid for the Bally's app last year just to watch the Suns games, I was excited to be able to watch it for free. Of course.....

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine complaining about games being on free TV when you used to have to pay for a service to watch! In AZ literally can get a $10 antenna and watch a ton of stuff for free including Suns games… can’t please everyone!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine complaining about games being on free TV when you used to have to pay for a service to watch! In AZ literally can get a $10 antenna and watch a ton of stuff for free including Suns games… can’t please everyone!

My aggravation is at Youtube, either that or 3TV (did they raise their rates for providers?). Ishbia could not be doing better from a fan service stand point.

Except the booze prices in the arena... good lord! They're up like 50%!

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Watching channel 3 this morning

Attachments

• IMG_20231116_082847668~2.jpg
    IMG_20231116_082847668~2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I tried to setup an antenna and I can't even get a signal that does more than flash a freeze frame every few seconds from 3 no matter how I move my antennae, and I can't even find any signal from 44.

Now maybe I could get one with an outdoor antenna or something, but I'm not going to buy 70's tech and go to the trouble of installing it hoping it gives me a watchable signal.

Signed up for Fubo today instead.
That means your antenna isn't big enough to pick up the signal. I messed with at least 3 of those smaller ones with no luck. I finally got a heavy duty one that I could stick in my attic from Fry's Electronics (may they rest in peace). It's rated for outdoor but the wife wouldn't let me put in on the house, but it works fine in the attic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, an antenna doesn't solve the problem for those wanting to watch the Suns everywhere around the state.

Luckily, I was able to dump a lot of channels on DirecTV that I didn't watch and watch the Suns for less money. I believe the Suns worked with DirecTV for alternatives that were free such as NBA TV.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Greetings my orange and purple friends - as some of you know I work and have to stream games from my phone - and I'm not trying to pay for it lol

So someone hipped me to this app - it lags - sometimes like a full 30 seconds behind the television broadcast - I know this because of the ASFN game threads

It will also cut out from time - but you'll learn quick on which links to click

They just upgraded their app btw - I believe that's why it only has 100K downloads

I have a older phone I use - it doesn't even have service lol - this way I can both stream games and kick it on ASFN at the same time

*Disclaimer

I am not affiliated with the site at all - this is just my good deed of the day

I watch the Cardinals on the app. I even got the post game show. Before the NFL season started a poster mentioned this app. The downside I have to watch on my iPad as they don’t have a version for the Mac and you cannot cast to your television. As for the NBA I have the NBA pass through cox for 99 which is a bargain considering the number of games played throughout the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's really not marketing spin when the only thing keeping people with cable or a service like Youtube rather than watching over the air with antenna is stubbornness. I get the games free in HD from a $10 antenna. Ishbia gave away something like 100k antennas to people who requested. I know some were left out but again, he's brought the games to free over the air television for 90% of Arizona. I know it's 2023 and not many have or use antennas anymore but we're not taking about some foreign concept people over 25 don't have experience with. The vast majority of this board have fond memories of watching Suns games on Channel 45 back before cable/satellite became standard in every home. The complaining because it doesn't work precisely how some would like it to ever since this deal has been announced is the epitome of First World Problems and I really have no sympathy for those who can hook up an antenna but don't, for whatever reason. If you live out in the middle of nowhere and can't receive a signal, that's one thing but then there's the Suns Live app for $15 a month, which is available to the entire state regardless of your regular TV provider.

Nothing personal, it's become a pet peeve of mine. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Go Suns!

Just cut two or three drinks from Starbucks or Dutchbros and you have your subscription paid.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's perplexing, if YouTube carries the local channels, why they would cut out channel 3.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have YoutubeTV and when they announced this last week I bought the Live subscription for the year as opposed to the antenna because I want to be able to pause the games in progress. Last night while watching the game I was surprised to find out you cannot pause the feed of a live game. How can they charge for streaming and not have this feature?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have YoutubeTV and when they announced this last week I bought the Live subscription for the year as opposed to the antenna because I want to be able to pause the games in progress. Last night while watching the game I was surprised to find out you cannot pause the feed of a live game. How can they charge for streaming and not have this feature?
Out of curiosity if you bought the Suns streaming service do they even have an app for tv yet?

Considered getting that, but almost looked like you have to watch in a browser. If that is not the case they are doing a horrific job of explaining it on the website.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I tried to setup an antenna and I can't even get a signal that does more than flash a freeze frame every few seconds from 3 no matter how I move my antennae, and I can't even find any signal from 44.

Now maybe I could get one with an outdoor antenna or something, but I'm not going to buy 70's tech and go to the trouble of installing it hoping it gives me a watchable signal.

Signed up for Fubo today instead.

You don't have to blindly put up an antenna. Check a website like https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php to see what channels you can actually pick-up and what type of antenna you will need including height.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey @Proximo I use Roku and it has an app for Roku, I just signed into my Roku account and added the app and it shows up on my TV. I did a quick google search and see that PHX Live also has an app for Apple TV. Hope this helps

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out of curiosity if you bought the Suns streaming service do they even have an app for tv yet?

Considered getting that, but almost looked like you have to watch in a browser. If that is not the case they are doing a horrific job of explaining it on the website.

Just get a cable to connect your device to the hdmi

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Cardsmasochist

Just to be sure, I scanned ahead on my DirecTV television guide and it showed the game listed for 3 TV as well.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So suns live does or doesnt have a TV app?

Agree with others, this is 2023, im not putting giant antennas on my 3 TVs or plugging in my phone to the TV. Its either paying for Fubo or Suns Live

What is everyone else doing?

Is there any roku app where we can pickup local channels?