Watching Hard Knocks Live

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wear them in the house. Snow, etc…. keeps my feet dry. Do people in the SW wear shoes in the house? Freaking scorpions would have me wearing steel toe boots to bed, in the shower, pretty much anywhere.

I've seen more black widow spiders than I have seen scorpions and I have lived in the Southwest almost all my life.

It's not to say they are not around but you usually have to go looking for them outdoors to find them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I've never seen an episode. Is it only on HBO, which I don't have or ever had?
It is right now, but I think you can view it on HBO Max on a 30-day trial. I think that NFL Films also edits it for broadcast use and puts it on NFL Network in the offseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I'm not excited about AW or Quentin Harris. I want a full front office remodel. All new people. I'd probably look at someone from the Eagles or Ravens front office. Those are solid programs.
No one should want more guys to fail upwards in this organization. It’s rotten to the core.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No one should want more guys to fail upwards in this organization. It’s rotten to the core.
I'm pretty sure that I remember Adrian Wilson saying that he'd be happy to coach some high school team as long as they pay him $100k per year.

He had no experience at the time.

Like, get over yourself dude.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finally got to watch it.

I gotta admit I want Kliff to succeed. That dude works hard and I want people who work hard to succeed.

Also Cam Turner sucks.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Did anyone but me notice Murray twice threw off the wrong foot when he wasn’t under pressure? Where’s the coaching & discipline. I know he’s hurt now but this lack of attention to detail seems to be a big part of the problem to me.
Does someone really have to tell you that you are throwing off the the wrong foot? Kind of elementary.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just watched this week’s episode. JJ Watt is more of a leader than most of the coaching staff. Deandre Hopkins offered to go in at CB…and seemed dead serious about it. I’m pulling for Trey McBride. Colt McCoy looks like a great dad and his kids look like pretty good little athletes. And if you think Bidwill is entertaining any ideas of stepping back into the shadows, he’s not. When he addressed the team about the Keim thing, he said he was as effing mad as anyone about how the season has gone and he knows which guys are giving it their all and which ones are cutting corners. Reminds me a bit of Jerry Jones.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just watched this week’s episode. JJ Watt is more of a leader than most of the coaching staff. Deandre Hopkins offered to go in at CB…and seemed dead serious about it. I’m pulling for Trey McBride. Colt McCoy looks like a great dad and his kids look like pretty good little athletes. And if you think Bidwill is entertaining any ideas of stepping back into the shadows, he’s not. When he addressed the team about the Keim thing, he said he was as effing mad as anyone about how the season has gone and he knows which guys are giving it their all and which ones are cutting corners. Reminds me a bit of Jerry Jones.
Yeah the threat didn’t sit well with me. I know he’s technically the most powerful guy in the room, but it smacks of big talk from the suit to the talented players.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch live the past two weeks, but man, I love Vance Joseph's "be selfish" comment from a coaching standpoint where we are in the season.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Finally got to watch it.

I gotta admit I want Kliff to succeed. That dude works hard and I want people who work hard to succeed.

Also Cam Turner sucks.
This isnt kindergarten though.. you don’t get a participation trophy for trying hard. This is the pros - he sucks he shouldn’t be a head coach period.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two things I took from this episode:
It makes me want to puke, but I see Bidwill hiring in-house for a GM, and Kliffy gone only to be replaced by VJ. Freaking :barf:

The other thing is, on a show like this, would Brady or Mahomes or other star QBs be a freaking ghost? KM was hardly on it before he got hurt, and we don't even get a defiant "I'm going to come back stronger?" moment after he got hurt? We need to have a Colt McCoy voiceover as he hobbles by? Why has he been a ghost in the early part of this season? IDGAF what his personality is, he's supposed to be the face of the organization, and he can't even headline Hard Knocks. Just another way he was in no way ready to receive a bag of cash.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Two things I took from this episode:
It makes me want to puke, but I see Bidwill hiring in-house for a GM, and Kliffy gone only to be replaced by VJ. Freaking :barf:

The other thing is, on a show like this, would Brady or Mahomes or other star QBs be a freaking ghost? KM was hardly on it before he got hurt, and we don't even get a defiant "I'm going to come back stronger?" moment after he got hurt? We need to have a Colt McCoy voiceover as he hobbles by? Why has he been a ghost in the early part of this season? IDGAF what his personality is, he's supposed to be the face of the organization, and he can't even headline Hard Knocks. Just another way he was in no way ready to receive a bag of cash.
Yeah, to outsiders it looks like Buddha, JJ, colt and Dhop are the faces of the team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t know if Brady, Mahomes, or any star QB would not appear because no one here knows none of those guys personally.

There’s just other relevant things to pick on Kyler about than him not appearing in a show he had no final decision in actually wanting to be in it or not. If I don’t want to show you my life than I’m not going to show you my life.

Saying he wasn’t ready to receive a bag of cash cause of THIS is just taking away from actual relevant criticism to why he wasn’t ready.

Stout

Reaction score
We don’t know if Brady, Mahomes, or any star QB would not appear because no one here knows none of those guys personally.

There’s just other relevant things to pick on Kyler about than him not appearing in a show he had no final decision in actually wanting to be in it or not. If I don’t want to show you my life than I’m not going to show you my life.

Saying he wasn’t ready to receive a bag of cash cause of THIS is just taking away from actual relevant criticism to why he wasn’t ready.
Being the face of the franchise (rightly or wrongly, whether he likes it or not) comes with a lot of expectations. We've covered a lot of valid criticisms about his play and approach to the game. I'm not dismissing that talk, or saying this is more of a problem than any of that when it clearly isn't as big of a deal. That said, we do know he/the team can choose for him to not become a focus, and likely had to push hard to be covered so little in the show. He's the young franchise QB and just got paid, and is having an "interesting" season, and he's not featured? That sure in the heck isn't HBO's decision.

And, yeah, I don't need to know Brady or Mahomes to know they'd be in front of that camera to represent their team. I didn't say anything about divulging his personal life. While it would've been nice to get a peak at his life, like we have had with other players, I won't bag on him for not going that far. Now, him deciding to stay off camera as much as possible? That's a mistake.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being the face of the franchise (rightly or wrongly, whether he likes it or not) comes with a lot of expectations.
Yea, which comes with his play on the field. What does appearances on a TV show have to do with anything pertaining to expectations of a franchise QB?
That said, we do know he/the team can choose for him to not become a focus, and likely had to push hard to be covered so little in the show.
This shouldn’t be a problem with anyone. You’re not going to force me to do something I’m against doing while not having any say in the decision.
That sure in the heck isn't HBO's decision.
Correct & it shouldn’t be.
And, yeah, I don't need to know Brady or Mahomes to know they'd be in front of that camera
You don’t know that. I don’t know that. No one here know that. I love facts. This isn’t a fact.
Now, him deciding to stay off camera as much as possible? That's a mistake.
If I don’t want cameras focusing on me while I’m being heard on my off-time, you’re not going to focus on me while I’m being heard on my off-time. I don’t care if I’m the QB, Kicker, TE, DE, w/e. Especially after something I DIDN’T sign up for.

Stout

Reaction score
Yea, which comes with his play on the field. What does appearances on a TV show have to do with anything pertaining to expectations of a franchise QB?

This shouldn’t be a problem with anyone. You’re not going to force me to do something I’m against doing while not having any say in the decision.

You don’t know that. I don’t know that. No one here know that. I love facts. This isn’t a fact.

If I don’t want cameras focusing on me while I’m being heard on my off-time, you’re not going to focus on me while I’m being heard on my off-time. I don’t care if I’m the QB, Kicker, TE, DE, w/e. Especially after something I DIDN’T sign up for.
Who is talking about off time? How much Cardinals at-work time have we seen from him? Not much at all. The off-duty stuff with other players is nice content, and while I'd have liked to see that from Kyler, it's not obligatory. He's not even doing much on camera at work, though.

Basically, we have this massive contract "franchise QB" and a show featuring our 2022 season, and the "franchise QB" is a ghost. That's pretty damning.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is talking about off time? How much Cardinals at-work time have we seen from him? Not much at all. The off-duty stuff with other players is nice content, and while I'd have liked to see that from Kyler, it's not obligatory. He's not even doing much on camera at work, though.

Basically, we have this massive contract "franchise QB" and a show featuring our 2022 season, and the "franchise QB" is a ghost. That's pretty damning.

I think the most we have seen of him was a 30 second segment of him getting his hamstring massaged in the treatment room.

To somebody that doesn't follow football they would think Colt was the starter.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much Cardinals at-work time have we seen from him? Not much at all.
He was on there a decent bit, especially during the QB meetings. It’s not a coincidence his screen time has severely lowered since the ACL injury.
I don’t know, man. It just feels real nit-picky to me. To the point I thought I was reading someone else’s post for a second. This is so far down the list of problems that it really shouldn’t be a problem.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I know Russell Wilson would be in front of the camera.

Also, this is one of Bidwill's frustrations with Kyler. From a marketing standpoint Kyler is pretty much a zero when he should be a cash cow. As a owner, you want your QB, his personality, and his face all over stuff like this and you are correct that Kyler isn't interested.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Russell Wilson would be in front of the camera.
Imagine how much bigger the flack would get with Russell Wilson in a camera in his face off the field. lol, I would pay to see this.
Also, this is one of Bidwill's frustrations with Kyler. From a marketing standpoint Kyler is pretty much a zero when he should be a cash cow. As a owner, you want your QB, his personality, and his face all over stuff like this and you are correct that Kyler isn't interested.
Seems & sounds like a Bidwill problem to me. Especially if an owner plays a part in welcoming these Hard Knock series to your organization.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard