Washington #5 traded for foye and miller

AZ Kid

Reaction score
Just heard from gambo and ash that the Wizards traded the # 5 pick plus three other players for randy foye and miller... Sorry because its my first post it wont let me put a link... its on espn.com

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Its on ESPN as a "sources say." If they stay the course with Butler, Arenas and Jamison, they will be a force in the east.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow good trade for Washington getting 3 pretty solid players, I bet the Timberwolves take Rubio if he is avliable at number 5. Some pretty major trades happening so far didn't expect to really see any. Should be a exciting draft day

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're probably trying to trade up to get the #2 from Memphis.

HooverDam

Reaction score
They're probably trying to trade up to get the #2 from Memphis.

I think thats possible too, but what will they trade to move up? On the one hand you'd think the 5 & 6, but I wonder if theres much of a benefit for Minny to give up 2 top 10 picks to move up just a few slots. In this draft its probably smarter to hold onto the 5 and 6 than go to 2 and Andy Katz said on TV if Minny gets #2 itll be using other assests.

No one seems to want to sign with Memphis, unless Memphis reaches on a player not projected to go at 2. I wonder if Minny could pull off someting like this:

Minnesota sends:
Kevin Love

Memphis sends:
Hamed Haddadi

Its probably just too much crap that Minnesota would be sending but for some unknown reason a lot of people seem to like Love. And it would give Memphis a 4 to pair up front with their 5, Gasol.

They'd go with:
Gasol
Love/Arthur
Gay
Mayo
Conley

And with 18 and 28 they could look for another PG to compete with Conley, and maybe some depth at the wing. The 2nd rounders are crap shoots, so who really cares there.

For Minnesota, it gets rid of the redundant and stupid Love-Jefferson front court that never made any sense. With the #2 theyd take Thabeet. Then they could take whatever PG is there at 5, Rubio, Jennings, Flynn, whoever. Then with 6 they could take a whoever the highest rated 2 guard is on the board. Thabeets defense and shot blocking would pair nicely with Jeffersons offense and rebounding up front.

C Thabeet/Thomas/Haddadi
PF Jefferson/Songaila/Williams
SF Gomes/Carney/Brewer
SG #6/Brown
PG #5/some cheapo FA

Like I said, probably wont happen, but I hope it does for 2 reasons: 1. I want to snicker at the Gay-Love combo in Memphis' front court, 2. it would be nuts to see one team have 3 of the top 6 picks.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Highly doubt the Grizzlies would trade the 2nd pick for Love and other picks. Don't forget that Love was drafted by Memphis and then traded to the Wolves for O.J. Mayo in a huge mega deal once the draft ended. If the Grizzles truly wanted Love they would have just kept him.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Grizz need a PF. They could trade the #2 for the #5 and #6, pick Jordan Hill and a PG like Flynn or Jennings to help out Conley.

Conley, Flynn
Mayo
Gay
Hill
Gasol

That's a pretty kick ass lineup for the future.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Highly doubt the Grizzlies would trade the 2nd pick for Love and other picks. Don't forget that Love was drafted by Memphis and then traded to the Wolves for O.J. Mayo in a huge mega deal once the draft ended. If the Grizzles truly wanted Love they would have just kept him.

Well, they wanted Mayo way more. As long as they value Mayo more than Rubio, Love + #5 for #2 combined with last year's would be like Mayo +#5 for Rubio. They'd certainly do that!

HooverDam

Reaction score
The Grizz need a PF. They could trade the #2 for the #5 and #6, pick Jordan Hill and a PG like Flynn or Jennings to help out Conley.

Conley, Flynn
Mayo
Gay
Hill
Gasol

That's a pretty kick ass lineup for the future.

The 5 and 6 is too much for the 2 in this draft. Theres not a big drop off between 2 and 5/6.

Katz report says the Wolves wont trade the 5 AND 6, they may package the 5 OR 6 and something else for the 2.

So maybe the 6 and the 18 for the 2 would make sense.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a draft that is arguably very weak at the top. Ernie Grunfield made a possibly smart move. Mike Miller will help them. I don't see the interest for Rubio so high. He is very young, very inexperienced, not exactly athletic, too flashy and may just stay in Europe. I think the comparison to Parker is forced. He is more Jayson Williams. It looks like Bucks just want expiring contracts. Maybe they think they can grab a 2010 free agent????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson