Want to Read something Hilarious?

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
It Def was comical......the meltdown and implosion was incredible.....I called the win with 13 minutes left haha

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There's really no need to call people out. It was an emotional game forsure. Atleast they watched the entire game... ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gmabel has the post of the thread:

welcome back to everyone who jumped off the bandwagon two minutes ago!

that just cracked me up reading it.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There's really no need to call people out. It was an emotional game forsure. Atleast they watched the entire game... ;)

Not calling anyone out. Just funny to see how we all overreact to our beloved teams. I am sure all other team's board are very similar.

What is funny also is how one play decides most games. You could look at nearly every game and take out one play (or even one penalty) that would make the difference between a win or a loss. Yet when you lose you think your team has imploded and if you win you think you really are that much better than other teams. One simple play usually makes the difference in winning or losing a game.

Ours was Ellington's last TD. If they stop us there, and go on that last drive they had, who knows what the outcome might have been. Instead of all the great compliments for being so tough, not letting anything keep us from winning, etc, etc, etc. We would be sounding like the Seahawk's board after the loss questioning our toughness and strength, and they would be talking about how we are imposters and that they can still go all the way. As it is now, they are calling for mass changes, giving up on their team and the season, etc. You would think that one play which secured our win was similar to us blowing up their stadium.

Like I said, one play changed the whole image and perspective of what fans see as their team and its future hopes and dreams.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

SMEL started a Meltdown thread. I called the team out for their heart and they showed it but I stayed for the entire game.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not calling anyone out. Just funny to see how we all overreact to our beloved teams. I am sure all other team's board are very similar.

What is funny also is how one play decides most games. You could look at nearly every game and take out one play (or even one penalty) that would make the difference between a win or a loss. Yet when you lose you think your team has imploded and if you win you think you really are that much better than other teams. One simple play usually makes the difference in winning or losing a game.

Ours was Ellington's last TD. If they stop us there, and go on that last drive they had, who knows what the outcome might have been. Instead of all the great compliments for being so tough, not letting anything keep us from winning, etc, etc, etc. We would be sounding like the Seahawk's board after the loss questioning our toughness and strength, and they would be talking about how we are imposters and that they can still go all the way. As it is now, they are calling for mass changes, giving up on their team and the season, etc. You would think that one play which secured our win was similar to us blowing up their stadium.

Like I said, one play changed the whole image and perspective of what fans see as their team and its future hopes and dreams.

I was mostly just trying to be funny. So many people today told me they went to bed after the Hawks took the lead I couldn't believe it!

I agree with all of the above. I think what made yesterday so great was the sheer will of the Cardinals and how they imposed it on the Hawks.

The game got completely out of hand and I think the team (including the fans) just got caught up in the emotion and momentum. For a moment they were the same old Cardinals and then it was like the whole team just snapped out of it. They stood up and hit back it was like; nope this ain't happening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
This is exactly why I avoid the game threads like the plague.

it's a great way to blow off some steam when we are sucking during the game or it's a great way to celebrate with other fans that are die hard also. i was just a little disappointed in some of the fans reactions after seattle scored off carson's fumble, they waved the flag a little too early imo.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's said in a game day thread should stay in a game day thread.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wait, you are saying they over reacted? Didn't you post a thread about a Meltdown. :)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, you are saying they over reacted? Didn't you post a thread about a Meltdown. :)

That was THESMEL. They appear to be the same person at times, but they are two different people....possibly separated a birth. Although, no one here has ever seen them in the same place at the same time.....just sayin'!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That was THESMEL. They appear to be the same person at times, but they are two different people....possibly separated a birth. Although, no one here has ever seen them in the same place at the same time.....just sayin'!

Yea, I looked back after posting and noticed I was wrong, but really, who could blame me. :)

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ellington's touch down sealed it, but we were up and a 4 yard first down probably was good enough.

I think the play that won that game was Jaron Brown's catch on the tip ball over Sherman.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson