Wade is now a Bum!!

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I would not mind having him as our defensive coordinator, that is for sure.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know what....The FO should make this happen. wade is a good defensive coordinator.

He would be worlds ahead of Davis. But since it makes so much sense...It will never happen :( We might have the most egotistical FO and coaching staff in the world. They can explain anything and seem to turn in negative into a fluke.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
He won't be brought in during the season. He doesn't know our defensive playbook and the players don't know his.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we could do better. He was HC and also DC for the Cowboys and they sucked on defense.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I think we could do better. He was HC and also DC for the Cowboys and they sucked on defense.

I'm not big on Wade Phillips myself...but I do think we could do worse.

My preferences, as I stated in another thread, are still to make Keith Butler an offer he can't refuse, or to wait and see if Marvin Lewis gets canned in Cincinnati like some have been speculating. I really like Marvin Lewis and what he did as a DC.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score

The defense didn't suck because of scheme or play calling. Last year they only allowed 16 pts/gm. This year, with largely the same players, they're allowing about 30pts/gm. It sucked because Wade lost the team as a HC and didn't hold them accountable. It wasn't the scheme that caused Mike Jenkins to decide not to tackle on the goal line. If Wade's a DC under a HC who does hold his players accountable, he does fine.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The defense didn't suck because of scheme or play calling. Last year they only allowed 16 pts/gm. This year, with largely the same players, they're allowing about 30pts/gm. It sucked because Wade lost the team as a HC and didn't hold them accountable. It wasn't the scheme that caused Mike Jenkins to decide not to tackle on the goal line. If Wade's a DC under a HC who does hold his players accountable, he does fine.

Why do they suck? Two words: Jerry Jones :barf:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
They should have flushed Garrett with him, he is part of the problem, not the solution.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He won't be brought in during the season. He doesn't know our defensive playbook and the players don't know his.

quick...answer this with first two things or persons that come to mind who do not know "our defensive playbook?"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I would take him as DC today. Granted, he has not been a good head coach but take that away and the ugliness of dealing with JJ interfering, and I think he would be a great improvement over Davis.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea anything is better than Davis and Clancy's high risk high reward feast or famine philosphy.

Will Whiz listen to him or at minimum let him coach? Seems to be out of Davis's hair?

Wade needs a fresh start and WE need help! can't imagine a Phillips defense giving up 500 yards to a stinking Viking team even with a different scheme and language.

Matt Leinart will probably be a cowboy next year, Romo's dead in the water, too many chances not enough bling.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Matt Leinart will probably be a cowboy next year, Romo's dead in the water, too many chances not enough bling.

You come up with some crazy ****!!!

Romo isn't going anywhere after this season & it sure isn't going to be because of Matt Leinart :D

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
You come up with some crazy ****!!!

Romo isn't going anywhere after this season & it sure isn't going to be because of Matt Leinart :D
Hey now. I could see him being the third string in Dallas after Houston waives him. Maybe he could learn a few things from Kitna.

Jason Garrett is the coach now. I'm sure he has a soft spot for failed backup quarterbacks. :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wade should be brought in as a defensive consultant for the remainder of this season and be signed to a 3 year deal as DC after.

Make no mistake about it, Wade Phillips as a DC is on the same level as LeBeau, Capers, Crennell, and Greg Williams. He is legit.