Vikings (History)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
So can anybody explain to me how I watch Season 5 episodes 1-7 for free? I have Direct and History channel but so far the guide is only showing 8-10, I swear it had 1-10 a few days ago but even the online Directv app only has 8-10. Amazon Prime has them but they want 2.99 per episode, thats 21 bucks for 7 episodes before i can watch 8-10 for free on Directv.

Is there any other way to watch those episodes we just caught up all the way through end of Season 4 on Amazon Prime for free.

Hulu has seasons 1-4 available ...

Netflix used to have them, but now are only available in DVD.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu has seasons 1-4 available ...

Netflix used to have them, but now are only available in DVD.

Amazon Prime has 1-4 too that's how we watched it. I'm trying to find out how to watch the first 7 episodes of the current season, 5, for free. Right now on demand only has episodes 8-10.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wrapped up the 1st half of season 5 last night. Fantastic battle sequence. I miss Ragnar, but this season has been pretty darn good. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was a great addition. He's no Athelstan, but he's an interesting new character.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when does the second half of season 5 get released on Amazon Prime?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when does the second half of season 5 get released on Amazon Prime?

Don't they put them up after the shows have run on TV? IIRC, the second half is going to air in August or September.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't they put them up after the shows have run on TV? IIRC, the second half is going to air in August or September.

Yeah it runs on History channel first and then a few months later on Amazon Prime but you have to pay per episode, a few months more and then free on Amazon Prime.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Vikings cancelled. Season 6 will be the last but they are discussing a spin-off. I love this show but I even admit, as good as I think it's still been? It has not been the same since they killed off Ragnar.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...ancelled-by-history-but-theres-some-good-news

Sadly, it's run its course. Killing off Ragnar was beyond necessary, and Ragnar's sons had incredible lives (some of them, anyway). They're just doing a pretty piss-poor job of it, IMO. Making somewhat of a hash of things. The Last Kingdom deals with that part so, so much better, even with only a few of them, and only on the periphery.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, it's run its course. Killing off Ragnar was beyond necessary, and Ragnar's sons had incredible lives (some of them, anyway). They're just doing a pretty piss-poor job of it, IMO. Making somewhat of a hash of things. The Last Kingdom deals with that part so, so much better, even with only a few of them, and only on the periphery.

Bah...it really wasn't. They could have ended the series on killing Ragnar. They didn't have to do it when they did. In fact, I think it was a blown opportunity. They should have ended the series killing Ragnar THEN done the spin-off about Ragnar's sons. That would have set the stage better IMO.

It's really hard to base your entire series around the character of Ragnar then kill him off. If they had not centered the entire series around that character I would have agreed with you but that's not what they did. It's really hard to change gears like that.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My interest in this series died when Ragnar did. I try to still watch occasionally but whats the point?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My interest in this series died when Ragnar did. I try to still watch occasionally but whats the point?

What really added salt to the wound for the series IMO is the second most interesting character ROLLO has hardly been seen at all. If you were going to attempt to change gears he should have become a central figure yet he has hardly been in the show at all. They just didn't plan the end of the series that well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bah...it really wasn't. They could have ended the series on killing Ragnar. They didn't have to do it when they did. In fact, I think it was a blown opportunity. They should have ended the series killing Ragnar THEN done the spin-off about Ragnar's sons. That would have set the stage better IMO.

It's really hard to base your entire series around the character of Ragnar then kill him off. If they had not centered the entire series around that character I would have agreed with you but that's not what they did. It's really hard to change gears like that.

Okay, I can agree with you there. I'll shift gears and say that Ragnar needed to die. He had to. They strung his story out to the bitter end. There was nothing left. I knew Ragnar died and that his sons became famous, so I had no problem with the change, but I can see where ending the series with the death and then creating the new show would have been better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still enjoy it. Not as much as with Ragnar, but little was going to compare to him.

Not loving where they took Bjorn.

And in reading more of the actual history I don’t think i understand their need to muck it up as much as they did. Could’ve been just as compelling, imo, if they had tried to stick closer to truths.

And the Floki story is just so blah. I know Floki was one of a few Vikings that “found” Iceland over the years, but the story really hasn’t unfolded in any interesting way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson