Vikings (History)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. The show is not the same and has lost much of my interest. And what happened to Rollo? I know he lives in France but will he make an appearance again? The only reason Im still watching is for Floki, Bjorn and Lagertha. I couldnt care less about Ragnar other sons.
I would like the shows creator to make, "Ragnar - The missing years". Follow his adventures from the six year journey away from Kattegat. The writer would have carte blanche since nobody really knows the true story of his missing years.

Rollo is going to come back this season. I saw an interview with the actor. To do what? I don't know, but it's his descendants, the Normans, that finally conquer England.

I just read up on Rollo a bit, and his descendants eventually rule Sicily too. And, not just the island, the bottom 1/3 of Italy as well. Which I did not know, and we know Bjorn is in Sicily on the TV show right now.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes, I miss Ragnar but the show is still very good. Harald and Astrid are an interesting couple.
I am thinking Astrid is going to take a page out of Lagerthas book,...and shank king Harald and take his lands and titles.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree. The show is not the same and has lost much of my interest. And what happened to Rollo? I know he lives in France but will he make an appearance again? The only reason Im still watching is for Floki, Bjorn and Lagertha. I couldnt care less about Ragnar other sons.
I would like the shows creator to make, "Ragnar - The missing years". Follow his adventures from the six year journey away from Kattegat. The writer would have carte blanche since nobody really knows the true story of his missing years.
but Ivar the boneless becomes the most famous of all vikings...I am curious to see how that story arc plays out.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I am thinking Astrid is going to take a page out of Lagerthas book,...and shank king Harald and take his lands and titles.
Plus, remember that Lagertha forcefully stole King Harolds seed in that barn. So she has that up her "sleeve" so to speak. If its a male, future heir to the throne?

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Then that scene in the barn makes no sense at all unless she just wanted the feel of a man after only loving on women for so long?
I think she was messing with his head just a little and actually planned to execute him...his escape of course foiled that plan.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya this sucks now without Ragnar, Completely different feel... The sons other then Bjorn are completely underwhelming characters...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ya this sucks now without Ragnar, Completely different feel... The sons other then Bjorn are completely underwhelming characters...
Yeah the other sons seem like *******. Björn seems like a Viking. Still enjoying it but seems like too many storylines stretching the focus overly much.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was great stuff.

And, Rollo is back!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It seems we are moving towards a consolidation of storylines into the boneless. And I’m not sure that’s a good thing. I know I complained about too many storylines, but the boneless seems too one dimensional as an individual (ruthless, sadistic, hatred) to keep the even tone of the show. Floki’s story could have been a good one, but it just seems to be meh.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems we are moving towards a consolidation of storylines into the boneless. And I’m not sure that’s a good thing. I know I complained about too many storylines, but the boneless seems too one dimensional as an individual (ruthless, sadistic, hatred) to keep the even tone of the show. Floki’s story could have been a good one, but it just seems to be meh.

Well, ivar the boneless is the most famous of all the Viking kings. He ruled when they were at the height of their power, occupying a large chunk of England. And we will see Alfred the Great hold his own against him.

As far as the character on the show, i actually do agree with you. They have had a couple of scenes where they soften his edges, but he just seems like a psycho. He is no Ragnar that is for sure. No Rollo either. The return of Rollo to the story the second half of the season i look forward too. None of the sons, other than Bjorn, have the depth of their dad or uncle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, ivar the boneless is the most famous of all the Viking kings. He ruled when they were at the height of their power, occupying a large chunk of England. And we will see Alfred the Great hold his own against him.

As far as the character on the show, i actually do agree with you. They have had a couple of scenes where they soften his edges, but he just seems like a psycho. He is no Ragnar that is for sure. No Rollo either. The return of Rollo to the story the second half of the season i look forward too. None of the sons, other than Bjorn, have the depth of their dad or uncle.
I suppose it makes a little sense, Bjorne was a child when Ragnar was just becoming RAGNAR whilst the rest of the boys grew up as spoiled children of the king. They likely SHOULD be a little more shallow (which they are) but it makes them less intriguing characters.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's over the top, but I'm with Bjorn. The bitch killed my mother, literally murdered her in broad daylight in front of the whole town? The bitch must die! I actually look down on Ubba for not sticking with his brother there. Then again, he does have reason to hate Ivar.

I do rather loathe what they've done with Ubba. He was one of the more ferocious, hotheaded, and violent of the viking leaders, and in the show he's a wishy-washy wuss.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's over the top, but I'm with Bjorn. The bitch killed my mother, literally murdered her in broad daylight in front of the whole town? The bitch must die! I actually look down on Ubba for not sticking with his brother there. Then again, he does have reason to hate Ivar.

I do rather loathe what they've done with Ubba. He was one of the more ferocious, hotheaded, and violent of the viking leaders, and in the show he's a wishy-washy wuss.
You’re with bjorn or ivar? I don’t disagree with ivar’s mission or anger at lagetha but he’s sadistic with everyone. There’s no nuance to him. Unlike ragnars interest in broadening himself ivar is nothing more than unadulterated aggression and rage. I suppose that could be entirely accurate portrayal, but it certainly makes him less interesting and a less compelling character to follow.

Stout

Reaction score
You’re with bjorn or ivar? I don’t disagree with ivar’s mission or anger at lagetha but he’s sadistic with everyone. There’s no nuance to him. Unlike ragnars interest in broadening himself ivar is nothing more than unadulterated aggression and rage. I suppose that could be entirely accurate portrayal, but it certainly makes him less interesting and a less compelling character to follow.

Ah, yeah, my mistake. I'm with Ivar over the killing of his mother; Lagertha has to die for it. Otherwise, while I do find Ivar fun (and the actor does a great job with him), I'd be with Bjorn. Not Ubba, though. He's a wuss.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, my mistake. I'm with Ivar over the killing of his mother; Lagertha has to die for it. Otherwise, while I do find Ivar fun (and the actor does a great job with him), I'd be with Bjorn. Not Ubba, though. He's a wuss.
Ubba is the worst. He’s kinda just a big meh. Even the flip floppy brother is more interesting due to the fact he’s so under ivars thumb. He’s a wuss too though...

Stout

Reaction score
Ubba is the worst. He’s kinda just a big meh. Even the flip floppy brother is more interesting due to the fact he’s so under ivars thumb. He’s a wuss too though...

True. At least they give Hvitserk a bit of more interesting dialogue. I'm okay with him being a wuss, because you don't really read much about him. Ubba was supposedly a terror, as was Ivar--and King Harald was quite prominent too.

I just can't get over how frickin' cool last week's episode was, though. Man, one of the best of the series.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't get over how frickin' cool last week's episode was, though. Man, one of the best of the series.

Yes, I agree. Maybe my favorite along with the season finale of Season Two. When Ragnar and his people take care of King Horik.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So can anybody explain to me how I watch Season 5 episodes 1-7 for free? I have Direct and History channel but so far the guide is only showing 8-10, I swear it had 1-10 a few days ago but even the online Directv app only has 8-10. Amazon Prime has them but they want 2.99 per episode, thats 21 bucks for 7 episodes before i can watch 8-10 for free on Directv.

We had thought our Directv on Demand was screwed up because it wasn't connected to the internet. When it reconnected they told me 24 hours to load and then everything should appear, but so far it looks like 8-10 is all we're going to get.

Is there any other way to watch those episodes we just caught up all the way through end of Season 4 on Amazon Prime for free.