Vikings (History)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ohhhh ... just read somewhere that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is joining the cast. Loved him in The Tudors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
was it just me,...or did it sound like king Egbert was quoting a song by the byrds when he sent his son off to war?? very similar,..had me laughing

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The show has gotten so much worse since season 1+2 it is unbelievable.

In the last season you can see how hard they try to dramatitze this series with more sex and so on as if they are trying to copy Game of Thrones but it just does not work.

In the first seasons you had some level of authenticity. Now you have a crippled Ivar who looks like he spends 3 hours at a stylist every day wether he is living in a muddy ******** of a mediaval farm town or on a raid.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Aren't all the episodes on Amazon Prime Video?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Just finished season 2 of The Last Kingdom. The first few episodes were ok, but the last 4 were really good, with a tragic love story intertwined.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just started season 4.2 on Prime tonight. Can't wait to get caught up.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love how they are counting the show even with out Ragnar as the many character anymore. Love it!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't end the show when Ragnar died. Love how they are following his kids.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't end the show when Ragnar died. Love how they are following his kids.

They really had to. IMO, with the history of it, they either had to end the show completely, or kill Ragnar and follow the kids.

I had a really neat conversation with a Dane at the World Boardgaming Championships this past week. We talked about a lot of stuff, and I asked him if they watched the show over there, and what they thought. Apparently they get it on HBO Denmark, and debate the historicity of all the events. We laughed about some of the things they changed, like the generation of the French emperor and who/when/where the 'jumping out of the casket' event happened. Good times.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They really had to. IMO, with the history of it, they either had to end the show completely, or kill Ragnar and follow the kids.

I had a really neat conversation with a Dane at the World Boardgaming Championships this past week. We talked about a lot of stuff, and I asked him if they watched the show over there, and what they thought. Apparently they get it on HBO Denmark, and debate the historicity of all the events. We laughed about some of the things they changed, like the generation of the French emperor and who/when/where the 'jumping out of the casket' event happened. Good times.

Yeah, they could have just ended the show after killing off Ragnar but I'm gad they didn't. I even thought the show would be nothing without Ragnar, but its been great so far.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Whoa. I just caught up on the 1st 4 episodes of the new season. Fantastic stuff. I'm curious to see where they go with Floki.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. I just caught up on the 1st 4 episodes of the new season. Fantastic stuff. I'm curious to see where they go with Floki.

Yes, I miss Ragnar but the show is still very good. Harald and Astrid are an interesting couple.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, I think they did a great job making Ragnar annoying near the end so that I was ready for him to die. Kind of tired of watching his arc.

It’s not the arc that bothered me. It was the timing of it.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The show is still good but the show is not the same without Ragnar.
I agree. The show is not the same and has lost much of my interest. And what happened to Rollo? I know he lives in France but will he make an appearance again? The only reason Im still watching is for Floki, Bjorn and Lagertha. I couldnt care less about Ragnar other sons.
I would like the shows creator to make, "Ragnar - The missing years". Follow his adventures from the six year journey away from Kattegat. The writer would have carte blanche since nobody really knows the true story of his missing years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison