Vikings (History)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will explain where he went. It's going to be the major catalyst for people forgiving him or at least accepting why he was gone. I think that's why they made it a point for his character to say something about people already judging him.

Although in the preview above? I am a tad confused. Some of the quick scenes show characters that don't appear to be Viking. I can't tell but maybe English?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When is the break over?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Whilst awaiting the new episodes, I watched a few of "The Last Kingdom" from BBC.

It's ok - but cannot hold a candle to The Vikings in terms of cinematography, production values, characters, story lines. It does have a bit more humor, though!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Whilst awaiting the new episodes, I watched a few of "The Last Kingdom" from BBC.

It's ok - but cannot hold a candle to The Vikings in terms of cinematography, production values, characters, story lines. It does have a bit more humor, though!

I like The Last Kingdom quite a lot. While it's obvious Vikings has more money behind it, I think, pound for pound, it's better than the more recent seasons of Vikings. Still, that's more of a pick 'em for me, because I think they're both really good. I'd suggest The Last Kingdom to anyone jonesing for Vikings.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I agree. I'm 2 episodes in and its not bad, but no where near Vikings.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I like The Last Kingdom quite a lot. While it's obvious Vikings has more money behind it, I think, pound for pound, it's better than the more recent seasons of Vikings. Still, that's more of a pick 'em for me, because I think they're both really good. I'd suggest The Last Kingdom to anyone jonesing for Vikings.

It definitely had a more intimate feel to it - they focused on just 1 character. I read somewhere they are now doing season 2.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw an ad that Vikings starts the second half of season 4 this Wednesday, the 30th.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
holy crap, just started watching season.. can't get enough! what a show. chain episodes all weekend i'm thinking haha

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched a dvr of the last episode. WOW, strong stuff!

Stout

Reaction score
I just watched a dvr of the last episode. WOW, strong stuff!

Yes, true, but it dragged on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long over two whole episodes. They made a mistake ignoring everything else, IMO. Took me a bit out of the show. Had to make a to do over it, but they made too much of one.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to get a bit turned off with the dragging out of plots. The
ragnar execution
was an exhibition of S & M.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The conversation of Ragnar with the Seer was A+ stuff. Profound even. A more visceral and emotional statement of humanism I have never heard.

That's what makes this show special. No one else dares to take religion so seriously. Ragnar, Floki and Athelstan basically represent three faiths, and Ragnar's final philosophy is the most complicated and difficult for people to handle. Still is, to this day.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
WHAT?? I've missed all the episodes from Nov 30th onward? I forgot where it left off, lol

Stout

Reaction score
The conversation of Ragnar with the Seer was A+ stuff. Profound even. A more visceral and emotional statement of humanism I have never heard.

That's what makes this show special. No one else dares to take religion so seriously. Ragnar, Floki and Athelstan basically represent three faiths, and Ragnar's final philosophy is the most complicated and difficult for people to handle. Still is, to this day.

+1

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always get a little miffed when great actors leave a show. Not sure the show will keep it's appeal for me. However, I have to say the scene between Ragnar and King Ecbert? Loved the drunken discussion.

Stout

Reaction score
Knowing a lot of the history behind it, not only will it continue to hold its appeal to me (if it stays good), I wouldn't have stuck with it if he hadn't died. It just wouldn't have worked. Now, I think the quality seriously dropped off because they spent way too much time on it, and the pace didn't pick up again in this last episode, so maybe the quality will drop off from here on out. We'll see.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowing a lot of the history behind it, not only will it continue to hold its appeal to me (if it stays good), I wouldn't have stuck with it if he hadn't died. It just wouldn't have worked. Now, I think the quality seriously dropped off because they spent way too much time on it, and the pace didn't pick up again in this last episode, so maybe the quality will drop off from here on out. We'll see.

Well, the story has gotten really far flung now. They need two hour episodes to fully keep up each story each week. Perhaps in season 5 they will narrow it back to the English, the Vikings and the Normans.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The whole scene in the muslim compound with all the mirrors was useless fluff.

I am, however, looking forward to Ivar and Alfred squaring off. Who knew Vikings could play chess, lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison