Vernon Davis TE the Card pick at #10

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The more and more I research this guy the more and more he sounds like a Denny Green type TE. From a buddy of mine in the DC area, the OC likes the H-Back position and Davis had his fair share of snaps at that spot. Green likes H-Backs.

And this is from si.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...2006/01/16/gallery.draft/index.1.html?cnn=yes

Tight ends don’t get much more athletic and versatile than the 6-3, 253-pound Davis, whom Terps coach Ralph Friedgen often used in an H-back role (tight end/fullback/receiver). He led the team in receiving with 51 catches for 871 yards and excelled as a blocker, both at the line and downfield.

Also at the link given above, check out his picture, dude has some massive thighs. And that isnt the first scouting report taht says he is an either a very willing blocker or and above average to good blocker.

I got to find some film on this kid, he has got my attention.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
Has Green ever drafted a TE in the first round?

No. He traded up to the 2nd round to get Kleinsasser. That is the highest that he has ever drafted a TE.

arizona_cards_11

Registered
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Vernon Davis is the most explosive tight end in recent history. He has been compared to a Winslow......Sr.

This kid will be a perrenial Pro Bowler, I just hope he will fall to #10 & we will have enough sense to pick him up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
The more and more I research this guy the more and more he sounds like a Denny Green type TE. From a buddy of mine in the DC area, the OC likes the H-Back position and Davis had his fair share of snaps at that spot. Green likes H-Backs.

And this is from si.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...2006/01/16/gallery.draft/index.1.html?cnn=yes

Also at the link given above, check out his picture, dude has some massive thighs. And that isnt the first scouting report taht says he is an either a very willing blocker or and above average to good blocker.

I got to find some film on this kid, he has got my attention.

Pope is the best blocker IMHO, then it's anybody's guess as all of Davis, Fasano and Lewis IMHO are better receivers than blockers. Byrd is hard to peg he's a good not great blocker, really hard to know how good of a receiver he is because they had so many weapons they didn't need him much.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
So Vernon Davis is the pick of the board this week. Until we see who the Cardinals are able to aquire in the early FA period, prior to the draft, it is impossible to determine what direction they will go with that #10 slot. :shrug:

Very true. But its that time of year when we all become general managers. We will change the pick at least (insert number) times before the draft and I know that I will still get it wrong.:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn