USA Today Sports Weekly

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with their description of our draft....

"The Cardinals grabbed one big, inactive tackle from Michigan to replace Watson, another Wolverines bust"

Ummm..... whatever.....

They give a bit of love for Davis and there is a Kirwan write-up on page 4 talking about how Levi is ahead of Joe Thomas in run blocking and just a bit behind in his passing game.

I pretty much stopped at the description of Watson - the 10th pick of the 4th round who played in 12 games as a rookie. I don't want to waste the time to dig for facts about how much other 4th round DTs contributed in their rookie campaigns, but I can't imagine that action in 12 or more games is all that common. A "bust"????

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How can a 4th round pick be a bust? That is crazy. Those players are considered project players anyway. That cat doesn't know what he is talking about or has a bais opinion on Michigan players.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can a 4th round pick be a bust? That is crazy. Those players are considered project players anyway. That cat doesn't know what he is talking about or has a bais opinion on Michigan players.

Grammatica was a bust.

:)

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Grammatica was a bust.

:)

Grammatica was doing great until he decided to do some ballet on the football field. Besides Kickers are not real football players. Ask any player.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grammatica was doing great until he decided to do some ballet on the football field. Besides Kickers are not real football players. Ask any player.

Who is the kicker in this year's draft that ran a 4.4 40?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, a source roughly familiar with DCR, believes that DCR wrote that article.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
..the only logical assumption....

....is that whomever wrote that piece is an OSU alum.....Watson was a "bust"? Really?? Way too many quality snaps out of a 4th round pick to be termed a "bust". Perhaps USA Today was over-budget and accepted a volunteer submission for that sophmoric review.

By the way, when the Cardinal helmet logo flashed onto the ESPN screen after the trade-up, my 4 year old son (who obviously has no idea who these players are) and I started chanting "Alan Branch"; big-time happy dance ensued when they actually selected him......this team is finally starting to pay attention....woo-hoo!! Steal of the draft!

Dylan

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
....is that whomever wrote that piece is an OSU alum.....Watson was a "bust"? Really?? Way too many quality snaps out of a 4th round pick to be termed a "bust". Perhaps USA Today was over-budget and accepted a volunteer submission for that sophmoric review.

By the way, when the Cardinal helmet logo flashed onto the ESPN screen after the trade-up, my 4 year old son (who obviously has no idea who these players are) and I started chanting "Alan Branch"; big-time happy dance ensued when they actually selected him......this team is finally starting to pay attention....woo-hoo!! Steal of the draft!

Dylan

Woo hoo!! Your son is awesome!!

Bobcat

Reaction score

Rackers may have a problem with your statement...!!! He really does tackle people on kick-offs.

BOBCAT

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidently, I couldnt find anyone's name associated with the team-by-team write-ups (the perpitrator of the quote above). Interesting...........

I'm thinking his first name was Kemper and he uses a 9 in his handle here on ASFN. ;)

On second thought, there was no mention of Rod Graves in the write-up, so I'm probably wrong.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

...and he's only played one year...Nobody, and I mean nobody (including Ryan Leaf) is considered a bust after only one year.