UPDATE: Robbie "Chosen" Anderson Cut by Cardinals

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Widely reported now that he is getting cut.

Dude is one of the worst players in the NFL. Blows my mind we traded for him, not only was there zero chance that he would elevate the sad status of the team, but every down he played took away opportunity from a superior player, and that wasn't an elite grouping... it was basically every single other player in the NFL... somehow including AJ Green.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude is one of the worst players in the NFL. Blows my mind we traded for him, not only was there zero chance that he would elevate the sad status of the team, but every down he played took away opportunity from a superior player, and that wasn't an elite grouping... it was basically every single other player in the NFL... somehow including AJ Green.
He was terrible

Not sure what SK saw in him to give up draft capital

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

i won't let you trash aj green like that

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anderson averages over 715 yards a season over his career and is 29.

A future 6th and 7th is perfectly reasonable trade value for that.

The compensation wasn't the issue. We can't even say that the season was over, there was still 11 games remaining with a 2-4 record. Plenty of time to turn it around. Not unreasonable to think Anderson might contribute to that.

The issue was that it seems obvious that Kingsbury didn't want him and that there was no connection between Keim and Kingsbury. The same thing seemed to happen with the Travon Mullen trade.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was a take the top off kind of guy with questionable hands. We needed someone taller than 5'9" besides Green while DHop was gone. Not much available in season.

But our offensive and team issues were way bigger. Then we lost Kyler. It didn't work out, but he kept his mouth shut.

The real crazy Keim trades were for injured Cody ford and trayvon mullen.

All of them were panic moves. But I'm ok with them, because they all helped seal keims fate. If that's the price, so be it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a take the top off kind of guy with questionable hands. We needed someone taller than 5'9" besides Green while DHop was gone. Not much available in season.

But our offensive and team issues were way bigger. Then we lost Kyler. It didn't work out, but he kept his mouth shut.

The real crazy Keim trades were for injured Cody ford and trayvon mullen.

All of them were panic moves. But I'm ok with them, because they all helped seal keims fate. If that's the price, so be it.

Yeah Cody Ford was far worse. That dude was getting cut. A 5th was massive overpay.

To be fair on Anderson his career drop rate is around 4.5% which is average, especially for a deep threat guy. He actually only had 1 drop for us this year but it's all people remember.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah Cody Ford was far worse. That dude was getting cut. A 5th was massive overpay.

To be fair on Anderson his career drop rate is around 4.5% which is average, especially for a deep threat guy. He actually only had 1 drop for us this year but it's all people remember.
Look at his catch rate though, which is putrid.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Disagree.

Anderson is one of the worst receivers in football, he also was going to get cut. At least Ford filled a role position that we didn't have someone else for. Anderson meanwhile took playing time away from better players, and the qualification for "better player" is any other receiver in the NFL.

His catch rate is rock bottom, he doesn't get drops because the ball can hit him in the face or chest without him getting a hand on it.

He is ass.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mostly blame Keim for not understanding the wide receiver value last draft.

When I would run through mock draft simulators it was painfully apparent no WR would make it to the Cardinals pick.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Thank goodness he is gone.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Just the dumbest name ever. So bad that it makes me surprised that he isn’t still a Cardinal. You know, for marketing purposes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson