OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of time for this. Let’s enjoy the moment..
Easy to say but next year is lame duck. This is the year it happens. Unless it’s not in the cards. NO pun intended.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy to say but next year is lame duck. This is the year it happens. Unless it’s not in the cards. NO pun intended.
I agree that we should extend two or three key players this year. Just want to enjoy the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that we should extend two or three key players this year. Just want to enjoy the next couple of weeks.
This isn’t about players did you click the link …..lol

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm all in on SK. I believe he has his drafting issues under control and all of us have to admit that is FA and trade skills are good to excellent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If this season keeps going this way, Keim will have earned an extension.

Ballsy move signing a college coach and drafting back-to-back QBs. It's worked.

His past few drafts look a lot better. Sure there are a ton of free agents, but I actually have faith that Keim can do well now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this season keeps going this way, Keim will have earned an extension.

Ballsy move signing a college coach and drafting back-to-back QBs. It's worked.

His past few drafts look a lot better. Sure there are a ton of free agents, but I actually have faith that Keim can do well now.
Yeah, it does look like we have a really solid secondary now for a couple years with young talented guys and two possibly good (Collins) to possibly great LBers (Simmons)in the middle of the field. All of them young. That’s a solid nucleus/group of building blocks for the D. Eventually going to need to find a young stud pass rusher. But the last couple drafts have gotten some gems on D. Credit where credits due.

Also, Kyler, Nuk and Moore are a good nucleus with DJ and were now getting some seasoning on Josh Jones.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, it does look like we have a really solid secondary now for a couple years with young talented guys and two possibly good (Collins) to possibly great LBers (Simmons)in the middle of the field. All of them young. That’s a solid nucleus/group of building blocks for the D. Eventually going to need to find a young stud pass rusher. But the last couple drafts have gotten some gems on D. Credit where credits due.

Also, Kyler, Nuk and Moore are a good nucleus with DJ and were now getting some seasoning on Josh Jones.
I'd love to keep AJ Green on a year to year Fitzgerald type deals. You can tell Murray loves throwing to a big guy who can just beat DBs with his size.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to keep AJ Green on a year to year Fitzgerald type deals. You can tell Murray loves throwing to a big guy who can just beat DBs with his size.
Dude he’s averaging almost 17YPC he’s gonna have some down games with this many weapons. But man his presence is just killer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We almost never resign our one year reclamation projects. If he keeps playing this well, I think he outprices us on the open market. But he’s been really solid so far.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
His main downside is the draft and he has hit on more of those lately. Maybe some of the experts on this board would volunteer to share your devout wisdom and prop him up some. ;)

Reaction score
RE: Keim - it seems fairly obvious that he does a better job when sober! No joke or sarcasm intended.

Keim was doing a good job earlier in his tenure as GM (3 years span, 2013-2015).
He was named Sporting News 2014 NFL Executive of the Year and earned back-to-back NFL Executive of the Year honors from the editors of Pro Football Talk (2013-14).
He executed the trades for Veldheer, and Palmer among other moves and the Cardinals had some very good seasons under Coach Arians. But Keim started trying to "keep-up" with Uncle Brucie, and his drinking, it didn't turn out so well. Don't misunderstand - I like Arians, I think him to be an excellent coach. But some guys can drink (Arians, well except for his health); and some guys (Keim) can't! The low point came with the 2018 off-season and the following season with Wilks as Head Coach.

To his credit Keim has "cleaned up" and once again the Cardinals are on an upward trend!