Kicker Matt Prater Earns NFC Special Teams Player Of Week

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
"WE" doesn't include coaches and staff dedicated to winning games.

And we have $13m in Cap space.
Great! So going younger at K would have added to that and gotten us an upper-tier FA, right? Or not detracted from what we could sign next offseason.

Praeter is a good kicker for us this year. "The team"--to be so nit-picky--didn't need him this year. He's clearly not part of the long-term rebuild. So...why burn the money? It's a small thing, but small things add up.

Yet another person stomping around crowing and trying to rub people's noses in things. This is why the darksiders think it's laughable that "we're" the bad guys. You legit just came here to stir the pot. Well, consider the pot stirred, Q. Bravo.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe the point most people were trying to make with Prater is that if you are conserving cap space and "tanking" why would you re-sign a nearly 40-year-old kicker to a multi-year that makes him the 11th highest paid player on the team? If you are trying to win games, it's a different story.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Great! So going younger at K would have added to that and gotten us an upper-tier FA, right? Or not detracted from what we could sign next offseason.

Praeter is a good kicker for us this year. "The team"--to be so nit-picky--didn't need him this year. He's clearly not part of the long-term rebuild. So...why burn the money? It's a small thing, but small things add up.

Yet another person stomping around crowing and trying to rub people's noses in things. This is why the darksiders think it's laughable that "we're" the bad guys. You legit just came here to stir the pot. Well, consider the pot stirred, Q. Bravo.
He has the 13th-highest cap hit in the league for kickers. If we went bottom of the barrel (and signed a K for about $750k) I still doubt we'd use those savings, plus the rest of our cap, to get an 'upper-tier FA'.

Stout

Reaction score
He has the 13th-highest cap hit in the league for kickers. If we went bottom of the barrel (and signed a K for about $750k) I still doubt we'd use those savings, plus the rest of our cap, to get an 'upper-tier FA'.
Whether or not we'd actually use the cap money saved is beside the point. The signing didn't fit the seeming plan.

Stout

Reaction score
According to talking heads and many on this board with not a word in support from the team - ergo - entirely beside your point.
Ergo--keep trying, man. Maybe someday someone won't catch on that you're just trying to stir trouble and rile folks. Failing, of course. But, hey, you often manage to skirt the rules with your behavior. If it's the only thing keeping you going, go for it.

Oh, to take down your point very briefly, the team will never state their plan publicly. Try again lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ergo--keep trying, man. Maybe someday someone won't catch on that you're just trying to stir trouble and rile folks. Failing, of course. But, hey, you often manage to skirt the rules with your behavior. If it's the only thing keeping you going, go for it.

Oh, to take down your point very briefly, the team will never state their plan publicly. Try again lol

So, the day they signed Prater, the FO forgot that the plan was to tank in 2023.

How dumb of them and brilliant of you to spot the inconsistency.

Last edited:

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow just wow.
We had a player get recognized for their play on the field and everyone wants to bicker about it. Come on man, it's something to be happy about. Everyone trying to rub everyone's nose in something... it's tired. Don't worry...be happy...you know the rest.
Very much this. Come on guys. It's an achievement for one of our players. Seriously... Why bicker about it?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow just wow.
We had a player get recognized for their play on the field and everyone wants to bicker about it. Come on man, it's something to be happy about. Everyone trying to rub everyone's nose in something... it's tired. Don't worry...be happy...you know the rest.

Agreed. I didn’t get the signing when we made it because I wanted the team to take the opportunity to bring in a young kicker and not waste cap space on an aging one. But he’s been nails so far this season and if we’re not going to be as awful as I thought and out of the Caleb sweepstakes, if he can help contribute to wins or being competitive to help build culture, I’m all for it and him.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow just wow.
Yep. Look no further for the troublemaker stirring the pot:
But, but, but - he's old, too expensive and easily replaced said some. ;)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Right. Everything followed from the one lone post. But we tend to want to blame people responding--not even responding directly to the person smh
Agreed everyone is trolling the trolls. I just wish people could turn the other cheek. I have recently discovered the ignore feature and used it for the first time. I must say it is more enjoyable to read the board now.

Stout

Reaction score
Agreed everyone is trolling the trolls. I just wish people could turn the other cheek. I have recently discovered the ignore feature and used it for the first time. I must say it is more enjoyable to read the board now.
I know I should use it. I'm so stubborn with my "never put anyone on ignore and never will stance." Also, it's just so easy to point out when someone is acting like that, but I should withhold those comments more often, especially once they ghost.