This Pacers fan feels your pain

corygi

Reaction score
I know at this point words don't help the frustration you all are feeling right now, but let me say this much: I feel your pain. I've been an Indiana Pacers fan as long as I can remember, growing up in Indianapolis and all. In the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals, Jalen Rose, who was one of our key players that year, set his foot on the court during an altercation, realized it wasn't worth going out there, and sat back down. The result: one of our key players, arguably our best player besides Reggie Miller, was suspended for one game against Jordan and the Bulls. Everyone can talk about how Jordan was pre-ordained and all to lead the Bulls to two straight three peats, but the Pacers took them to seven games year and only lost by five in game seven at the United Center. Give us Jalen back for one of those losses, and anything could happen. I'm not saying that we would have 100% dethroned the Bulls, but anything could have happened.

And don't even get me started on Stern suspending Ron Artest for an unprecented entire season and suspending Jermaine O'Neal for defending himself against a fan that charged the court.

Some Pacer fans are still bitter about this and are using these bitter feelings to justify the suspensions. I think that's crap, and I am pulling hard for you guys in game 5. The Suns just became my favorite team in the West.

And while you're at it, I hope you get some OL's for the Cards so that they can block for Edge next year. I watched the guy in Indy for many years, despite that knee injury he had 5 or 6 years ago he's still a good back!

Prindel

Reaction score
It is good to see that we're getting the nation behind us here. The Spurs are a dirty team and their fans can stay in denial all they want. I hope there are many Spurs fans that are wondering why they are even a fan of a team that sets out to try to hurt players. I am beginning to think more and more that this incident was premeditated and Robert Horry isn't the only one to blame. I cringe at the comments of Popovich saying that it was just a hard foul. No, it was something that could of ended the career of Steve Nash or dislocated his shoulder, thankfully that didn't happen. I will also say that Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen are thugs. But smart thugs since they seem to try to take advantage of the situation at the right time. They are subtle liars as well since they try to make people think that they feel bad of what happened. I wonder how these guys can honestly sleep at night.

Last edited:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
And while you're at it, I hope you get some OL's for the Cards so that they can block for Edge next year. I watched the guy in Indy for many years, despite that knee injury he had 5 or 6 years ago he's still a good back!

:raccoon:

Congrats on the super bowl!

Ive been rooting for the colts as my playoff team (since the Cards never make it) the last few years, and seeing them bet the evil Pats was awesome

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
stern deserved to be piledrived into a bed of nails..

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, the Jermaine O'Neal suspension in particular told those who were paying attention everything they needed to know about Stern.