Think about it

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Arians was 100% out-coached, as well as the rest of the staff.

The Pats took advantage of every single weakness the Cardinals have, and then watched as the Cardinals literally shot themselves in the foot on every opportunity they had to win the game.

My goodness, the missed tackles made you want to puke at a couple points in the game.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Lots of blame to go around, and even though ugly, a win could have occurred without the holding call before the botched snap-kick at the end

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's ways around it especially when your are 1 or 2 pieces away from being a leitmate SB contender... He is responsible for personnel this fall squarely on his shoulders.. Not James Betcher

Three vets were brought in. Two hurt, one cut.

Bethel is still on the mend and Cooper has been here a week.

How soon people forget how truly bad Powers was in the last half of the past season.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Looking at twitter feeds and pics or the players , they didn't even seem upset, the attitude they all had (the ones I saw) were "oh well onto the next game"
they should be embarrassed

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also, NE had to travel across the country to play the game. And while NE should have lost, Bill B. had them in the game. A great coaching job.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Looking at twitter feeds and pics or the players , they didn't even seem upset, the attitude they all had (the ones I saw) were "oh well onto the next game"
they should be embarrassed

You don't get too high or too low over a game in week one. Onto the next week indeed, bitching and moaning isn't changing anything that happened last night.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Also, NE had to travel across the country to play the game. And while NE should have lost, Bill B. had them in the game. A great coaching job.
100%

This was a classic chess match and Arians lost. Pure and simple.

I also think Jimmy G is a good QB. His future is bright.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%

This was a classic chess match and Arians lost. Pure and simple.

I also think Jimmy G is a good QB. His future is bright.

Chess match??? Imagine if the Pats had everybody..

Wonder what the score would've been had we been missing:

Palmer
Gresham
Veldheer
Golden
And our Right T whom I'm forgetting??

Thats equivolent to what the pats were missing... No matter how anyone slices it there really was no excuse to lose this game..

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting QB out...
Both Starting Offensive T's out
Rob Ninkovich starting DE out
All world TE Rob Grinkowski out

Turnovers:

Pats 2
Cards 0

First downs:

Cards 21
Pats 19

Yet we still lose... PATHETIC

Yea yea yea we all want to blame Betcher for this loss.. But plain and simply Arians got out coached and the GM Keim gets most of the blame allowing us to go into this season with a rookie CB with 24 months experience at the position... All because he was being cheap essentially... You'll never convince me Powers wouldn't have been better on experience alone.. Not much better can do when he's working with that rookie on that side of the field. Gonna be A loooong Year on the defensive side of the ball...

On a positive David Johnson may be in the top 10 of talented players in all of football... Dude is a beast and man child...Oh and we still get to enjoy watching Larry :)

Totally agree on Powers. Why he wasn't brought back is beyond me. Keim screwed the pooch there!

I don't know if we can blame Bettcher for the Defense if he was forced to start such a raw CB. However it sure seemed like Josh McDaniels was 2 steps ahead of Bettcher the entire game. We got out coached pure and simple.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
On the bright side..... Golden is developing very well at LB... he actually looks quicker off the edge than Jones..... and his hustle to the ball looks better than last season.
I have high hopes for that kid.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the bright side..... Golden is developing very well at LB... he actually looks quicker off the edge than Jones..... and his hustle to the ball looks better than last season.
I have high hopes for that kid.

Totally agree. We need to send a thank you card to the Lions. Because they took our player in the 2nd round we got Marcus Golden and David Johnson instead.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe even when ARZ went man and blitzed NE still was able to make plays because Garrapolo had such a quick release that he was able to get the ball out before they could get to him. Announcers were tracking him and he was getting the ball released within .37 seconds which is pretty quick, that's how you beat a blitz.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Palmer
Gresham
Veldheer
Golden

Thats equivolent to what the pats were missing... No matter how anyone slices it there really was no excuse to lose this game..

That's not an excuse; that's how NE won the game and it's an indictment on Arians.

Belichick and co. had months to plan for this and did an excellent job doing so. He proved he can work with deficits in key areas in the past (see 2008 and going 11-5) by finding a team's weakness and exploiting it. He saw how Lynch abused our front line in the past and used Blount, a similar type of runner, numerous times. He saw a raw Williams and threw in his general direction frequently. He used short outs and exposed some of our tackling woes in the secondary.

This is why Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and Arians has a ways to go to sniff his jock.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Palmer
Gresham
Veldheer
Golden

it's not even equivalent to what they were missing. They weren't just missing their TE... they were missing their best offensive weapon/HOFer. Instead of Gresham, insert Fitz (or DJ) into the above and then it really looks ugly who we lost to.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe even when ARZ went man and blitzed NE still was able to make plays because Garrapolo had such a quick release that he was able to get the ball out before they could get to him. Announcers were tracking him and he was getting the ball released within .37 seconds which is pretty quick, that's how you beat a blitz.

Yep, saw the graphic and instantly thought about Warner and his quick release, which covered up alot of our Oline weaknesses years ago. Jimmy has a bright future once he gets a better feel for the pressure in the pocket. Can you believe he was a converted TE in HS/college? Can we convert our backup QB to waterboy?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not an excuse; that's how NE won the game and it's an indictment on Arians.

Belichick and co. had months to plan for this and did an excellent job doing so. He proved he can work with deficits in key areas in the past (see 2008 and going 11-5) by finding a team's weakness and exploiting it. He saw how Lynch abused our front line in the past and used Blount, a similar type of runner, numerous times. He saw a raw Williams and threw in his general direction frequently. He used short outs and exposed some of our tackling woes in the secondary.

This is why Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and Arians has a ways to go to sniff his jock.

You do realize that with a decent snap the jock sniffer would have won.

Reaction score

Dare I say Warneresque?

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, saw the graphic and instantly thought about Warner and his quick release, which covered up alot of our Oline weaknesses years ago. Jimmy has a bright future once he gets a better feel for the pressure in the pocket. Can you believe he was a converted TE in HS/college? Can we convert our backup QB to waterboy?

Dare I say Warneresque?

Check two posts above yours :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, but either way, NE had control of the game throughout.

with their JV team... on the road.

A FG would have made all of us feel a hell of a lot better, but it wouldn't have blinded us to some alarming trends in that game... that continued from the end of last season.

My biggest question is what the hell has happened to the offense? Since that 38-8 thrashing of GB in week 15, the ridiculously awesome offense has scored 6, 26 (in OT), 15 and 21 points while never looking like the gangbusters unit they did the first 15 games of last season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
with their JV team... on the road.

A FG would have made all of us feel a hell of a lot better, but it wouldn't have blinded us to some alarming trends in that game... that continued from the end of last season.

My biggest question is what the hell has happened to the offense? Since that 38-8 thrashing of GB in week 15, the ridiculously awesome offense has scored 6, 26 (in OT), 15 and 21 points while never looking like the gangbusters unit they did the first 15 games of last season.
I totally agree with you and TJ. We were outplayed and outcoached and if we had won everyone would say "everything is coming up roses", but it's not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard