Think about it

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course, but either way, NE had control of the game throughout.

Yep, if we were even a semblance of the highly touted NFC favorite last night, we would have never been in the situation in the first place. Bringing Cat man out for a potential game winner gives me the same queasy feeling I get when I eat too fast at Chipotle, or when I see flashes of Rackers taking the field...

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, if we were even a semblance of the highly touted NFC favorite last night, we would have never been in the situation in the first place. Bring Cat man out for a potential game winner gives me the same queasy feeling I get when I eat too fast at Chipotle, or when I see flashes of Rackers taking the field...

agreed. The only kicker I've ever had confidence in to make big kicks on the Cards was Chris Jacke... and that was only because he had already made big kicks for the Packers previously.

I had ZERO confidence yesterday's kick was going in, bad snap or not. That kid just hasn't inspired confidence in really tough kicks since he snapped that awesome streak he started his career with. Seemed like he was gonna be one of those super gamers then just became mediocre. Even his kickoffs left a lot to be desired last year after being a guy who seemed to have a real solid leg his rookie year..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carolina is starting 2 rookie CB's. Of course, they lost too.

I guess Keim should have known Jenkins was going to blow his knee apart. Jenkins is, and has been a better CB than Powers. Bethel is hurt too. Who did you want Arians to put there at CB?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
with their JV team... on the road

I don't agree with the designation od JV.

The drop off for skill is very little with a team which has stock piled depth with comp picks.

What scares me is from this point forward they'll be able to trade down with those picks accumulating even more talent along with the skilled depth. Hopefully our GM is paying attention.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with the designation od JV.

The drop off for skill is very little with a team which has stock piled depth with comp picks.

What scares me is from this point forward they'll be able to trade down with those picks accumulating even more talent along with the skilled depth. Hopefully our GM is paying attention.

their QB, both RT and LT had never taken a snap in an NFL game, they were without the best TE in the game, they were missing their 2nd best defensive player and their starting RB. And they're a team that didn't even have a 1st round pick because of Deflategate. That's a JV squad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess Keim should have known Jenkins was going to blow his knee apart. Jenkins is, and has been a better CB than Powers. Bethel is hurt too. Who did you want Arians to put there at CB?

Jenkins was camp fodder. He wouldn't have made much of a difference. And he's better then Powers? What are you basing that on?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My biggest question is what the hell has happened to the offense?

I had thought Palmer finger injury caused him to change his throwing motion thus attributed to the low scoring during that stretch. Now, not so much...

Last year's air assault reminded me of the warner's Super Bowl winner back in St. Louis. Everything was incredibly fluid.

What's missing? I propose this, lack of flags...

Our receives had a lot of flags early last year which I believe backed off the defensive backs. By the end of the year it was clear legal roughing of our receivers had an impact on route running.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Jenkins was camp fodder. He wouldn't have made much of a difference. And he's better then Powers? What are you basing that on?
He wasn't camp fodder. What are you basing Powers being better than Jenkins? I think Jenkins has more talent and that's what I was basing it upon. Their careers have been pretty similar. I'm just wondering how Powers status has been elevated that he'd be a key contributor when he was largely invisible last year.

Btw, for all the people clamoring for Powers. He was out game 1 in Baltimore with an injury so he wouldn't have been in the game for Williams anyway.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree Shane.

1) you don't pin your SB hopes on a starting rookie CB, especially in his 2nd season learning the position & I said that numerous times in preseason. I also said to someone on the board (Aggies fan) the day we drafted him he was a toast machine because I saw it many times in college. Well, #26 has lived up to that hype uggggggh:bang: Strike 1

As I remember it, I said he would play only special teams this year. As an Aggie who watches everyone of their football games, I said he was fooled on routes a lot and that he didn't make plays on the ball in the air.

But, he was not the only reason we lost that game. The Patriots were better prepared and we came out like just showing up meant a win.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I picture you haven't watched him much in the past 6 years?

Never understood that signing by Keim.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I picture you haven't watched him much in the past 6 years?

Never understood that signing by Keim.
I've seen him plenty. He's failed to live up to the play as a #1 draft pick and that's where he gets his bad rap. He's been every bit the player 3rd round pick Powers has. Switch their draft positions and people would likely think Jenkins was the better player.

Not sure why we're debating the merits of 2 injured CB's anyway.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Williams is simply overwhelmed right now. Pre game NBC showed a clip of PP working with Williams on playing the CB position. When you have some one working on very specific things just before a game you know you're in trouble. I am sure the kid had a million things going through his mind when he was on the field. They know he isn't ready yet they are still tossing him out there. It surely goes against the grain when BA states he doesn't really trust rookies and prefers vets because they understand and grasp the concepts better yet they are sending out a rookie who has played the position less than 2 years and expect him to perform and on top of that give him no help. This goes against everything BA said.

I also don't believe Bettcher is making all the decisions on how to play Williams. BA must have some input into this. Has BA gone to SK and said hey we really need to find someone to play CB because we have no one to slide into that slot. I think it has been a consensus decision on all their parts to toss Williams out there. Even if Williams has the talent to be an all pro they may ruin him by destroying him mentally. No different than throwing a rookie QB out there and letting him get pounded. After awhile they can become a mental mess. The same thing can happen to Williams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05