All world TE Rob Grinkowski out

Turnovers:

Pats 2
Cards 0

First downs:

Cards 21
Pats 19

Yet we still lose... PATHETIC

Yea yea yea we all want to blame Betcher for this loss.. But plain and simply Arians got out coached and the GM Keim gets most of the blame allowing us to go into this season with a rookie CB with 24 months experience at the position... All because he was being cheap essentially... You'll never convince me Powers wouldn't have been better on experience alone.. Not much better can do when he's working with that rookie on that side of the field. Gonna be A loooong Year on the defensive side of the ball...

On a positive David Johnson may be in the top 10 of talented players in all of football... Dude is a beast and man child...Oh and we still get to enjoy watching Larry :)

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim has to work within a salary cap. He can't just go out and sign anybody he wants. I doubt it has anything to do with him being "cheap". We don't know what Powers was asking for or what the relationship was like at that point. Powers may have wanted to leave.

Cards are not the only team starting a rookie corner this year. It happens. The issue is that Betcher left him on an island too often in his first game, and the Cardinals paid the price.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct he could have been given help but betcher did not adjust and they abused him for the win! This loss squarely in the D!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim has to work within a salary cap. He can't just go out and sign anybody he wants. I doubt it has anything to do with him being "cheap". We don't know what Powers was asking for or what the relationship was like at that point. Powers may have wanted to leave.

Cards are not the only team starting a rookie corner this year. It happens. The issue is that Betcher left him on an island too often in his first game, and the Cardinals paid the price.

There's ways around it especially when your are 1 or 2 pieces away from being a leitmate SB contender... He is responsible for personnel this fall squarely on his shoulders.. Not James Betcher

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Starting QB out...
Both Starting Offensive T's out
Rob Ninkovich starting DE out

Turnovers:

Pats 2
Cards 0

First downs:

Cards 21
Pats 19

Yea yea yea we all want to blame Betcher for this loss.. But plain and simply Arians got out coached and the GM Keim gets most of the blame allowing us to go into this season with a rookie CB with 24 months experience at the position... All because he was being cheap essentially... You'll never convince me Powers wouldn't have been better on experience alone.. Not much better can do when he's working with that rookie on that side of the field. Gonna be A loooong Year on the defensive side of the ball...

On a positive David Johnson may be in the top 10 of talented players in all of football... Dude is a beat and man child...Oh and we still get to enjoy watching Larry :)

David Johnson is a HOF talent. Yes, we lost. But he's HOF, is there any doubt in your mind?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Starting QB out...
Both Starting Offensive T's out
Rob Ninkovich starting DE out

Turnovers:

Pats 2
Cards 0

First downs:

Cards 21
Pats 19

On a positive David Johnson may be in the top 10 of talented players in all of football... Dude is a beat and man child...Oh and we still get to enjoy watching Larry :)
100% Agree!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct he could have been given help but betcher did not adjust and they abused him for the win! This loss squarely in the D!

Please tell me how you adjust when the talent/experience just isn't there you can't cover somebody you can't cover them???

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's ways around it especially when your are 1 or 2 pieces away from being a leitmate SB contender... He is responsible for personnel this fall squarely on his shoulders.. Not James Betcher

Betcher is responsible for the schemes and play calls though.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ravens signed Powers to a 1 year 1.7 million deal, 1 mill guaranteed. Certainly doable for Cards...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Powers signed for a million dollars. You can't squeeze that in somehow? sorry. not buying.

and there might be other teams starting rookie corners... but are those teams a) super bowl contenders and b) did that rookie corner JUST learn how to play corner only a year ago? I'm gonna guess the answer to those questions are no.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Powers signed for a million dollars. You can't squeeze that in somehow? sorry. not buying.

and there might be other teams starting rookie corners... but are those teams a) super bowl contenders and b) did that rookie corner JUST learn how to play corner only a year ago? I'm gonna guess the answer to those questions are no.

Bingo!!!! For all the awesomeness keim has managed... He royally screwed the pooch on this one

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, only $750M was guaranteed for Powers.

I pretty much guarantee in fact I'd be willing to bet my entire savings account he would've done better today and we would've won had he been on the roster..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I pretty much guarantee in fact I'd be willing to bet my entire savings account he would've done better today and we would've won had he been on the roster..
He could've done better in a wheel chair.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BS bellichick would have adjusted even if it meant putting badger at CB and a backup safety. Or just give him over the top help it's ridiculous to have the rook on an island after he got abused for the first TD. Coordinators adjust all the time betcher just kept running the same poo, very little pass rush and letting them drive drive drive it down our throats and picking up 3rd down over and over! Terrible defensive coaching!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Totally agree Shane.

1) you don't pin your SB hopes on a starting rookie CB, especially in his 2nd season learning the position & I said that numerous times in preseason. I also said to someone on the board (Aggies fan) the day we drafted him he was a toast machine because I saw it many times in college. Well, #26 has lived up to that hype uggggggh:bang: Strike 1

2) Keim deserves blame absolutely.

3) how about starting a rookie long snapper on a SB hopeful team? Strike 2 ugh

4) Is Bettcher really a good DC? I sure have my doubts & IMO I'm saying no.

5) I know it's week 1 but I don't think the Cards are Super Bowl material whatsoever, given our defensive holes, unless this offense carries us all the way.

6) I get a bad feeling about this team unlike 2015 when I said they were the best team in the NFL almost all year & would win the ring.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Bingo!!!! For all the awesomeness keim has managed... He royally screwed the pooch on this one
It appears he did. But remember that Keim has made 503 roster moves in just 3 years. Not all of them are going to work out. Not trying to defend him, just being realistic.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BS bellichick would have adjusted even if it meant putting badger at CB and a backup safety. Or just give him over the top help it's ridiculous to have the rook on an island after he got abused for the first TD. Coordinators adjust all the time betcher just kept running the same poo, very little pass rush and letting them drive drive drive it down our throats and picking up 3rd down over and over! Terrible defensive coaching!

That early TD to Hogan was ALL ON Bettcher... BW may suck, but Bettcher accentuated that suck by leaving the inexperienced rookie all on an island by himself. No safety help at all. One time, shame on me, twice, F U Bettcher. It happened at least a half dozen times. BW should have over the top help AT ALL times. Just boggles my mind.