The Walking Dead (AMC)

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Anybody want to take a guess why the Governor doesn't like outsiders? Is he affraid of being challenged? I don't get it...

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Anybody want to take a guess why the Governor doesn't like outsiders? Is he affraid of being challenged? I don't get it...

I think he's just wary of people that might be capable of seeing through his BS. For example, had he brought in the military guys, that'd be a possibly stronger fighting force in town that wouldn't have to rely on him or his crew, therefore are open to questioning his moves.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's just wary of people that might be capable of seeing through his BS. For example, had he brought in the military guys, that'd be a possibly stronger fighting force in town that wouldn't have to rely on him or his crew, therefore are open to questioning his moves.

I read a synopsis in some blog that referred back to the comic book character;

He and his brother took over the town from military guys in a shootout, so maybe he figured the ones he ambushed were a splinter group from the originals. Secondly he has that collection of body parts of past enemies, he keeps in the jars and fish tanks. He's a whack job.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Meh ending tonight. Wasn't great, wasn't bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really liked the mid-season finale, but everything with Andrea and Michione is awful. I mean... Andrea is now the dumbest character on TV and if Michione ever just opened her mouth and explained what she knew, she'd save everyone a hell of a lot of trouble.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i really liked the mid-season finale, but everything with Andrea and Michione is awful. I mean... Andrea is now the dumbest character on TV and if Michione ever just opened her mouth and explained what she knew, she'd save everyone a hell of a lot of trouble.

Yeah, I really felt the writing was just plain awful at a few key parts. The last episode ends in a cliffhanger, so let's wait ten minute and a commercial break before we ever do anything involving the actual cliffhanger. Also, Michone could have just been, like, 'blah', and Andrea could have been like, 'oh, I'm a ********'.

It was a decent mid-season ender, but it could have been great. The writers flubbed that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was OK. Felt like another episode versus cliff hanger though. I would have preferred the Governor coming up to the Prison (where the episode in Feb is going) and surrounding it. That would have been a more appropriate cliff hanger.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
I thought it was OK. Felt like another episode versus cliff hanger though. I would have preferred the Governor coming up to the Prison (where the episode in Feb is going) and surrounding it. That would have been a more appropriate cliff hanger.

Completely agree. Daryl should have escaped with the group over the wall. Next you have the Gov and Merle heading out towards the prison. End the half-season there and you have all kinds of sub-plots.

What is going to happen when Daryl and Rick get back? Is Daryl going to hold it against Rick for not letting him go after his brother? What happens when they find the new group of people? How does the Gov protect himself from Merle possibly taking his brother's side, especially with their building tension. What does Andrea do when she finds out about where they are going and who might be there?

A much more fitting end IMO.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chalk this up under goods news/bad news... Walking Dead gets Season 4... but showrunner Glen Marzzara's leaving. Bummer... seemed like they finally got the mix right this season. New showrunner means who knows what happens.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/amc-renews-the-walking-dead-glen-mazzara-steps-down-as-showrunner/

The worry is in their difference of opinion on where the show should go...but I guess as long as Robert Kirkman is still part of it, that's good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead xbox360 (free/sale today)

episode one is free till the new year, just finished it in about two hours and it was awesome, like watching a movie except you are involved. Just as good as the show. Episodes 2,3,4 and 5 are on sale for $2.50 each today only. Just bought em all.

http://majornelson.com/2012/12/28/co...-walking-dead/

$30 bucks on a disk at the store, 10 bucks if you go this route.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just played through episode one. Like the link to the show characters. I am freaking hooked.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Walking Dead xbox360 (free/sale today)

episode one is free till the new year, just finished it in about two hours and it was awesome, like watching a movie except you are involved. Just as good as the show. Episodes 2,3,4 and 5 are on sale for $2.50 each today only. Just bought em all.

http://majornelson.com/2012/12/28/co...-walking-dead/

$30 bucks on a disk at the store, 10 bucks if you go this route.

Are you talking strictly this season or the show in general because if you are talking about the show in general, seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started watching season one on Netflix. Holy Crap, I was up till 2am and watched the first 5 episodes. How did I miss this show?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I actually liked this episode in that it was more about the survivors and less about the zombie action.

Maybe the reality of the situation finally hitting them or that when they become zombified that they lose all matter of humanity. Could have been portrayed better.

As funny as it sounds I didn't have a problem with this is a way. In PANIC situations, common sense goes out the window. It just becomes a matter of trying to survive and not everybody thinks things through in those situations.

What would have been better is if they made it look like one of the characters grabbed the axe so hard that their hands bled and proceeded to wale on the wall until exhaustion. Now that's panic.

Although I will agree having the grenade handy was pretty bad. If they had run to her room that would have made it a bit better.

True but it wouldn't look good on screen to have everyone gather around a tiny monitor either.

Besides are we really talking about realism in a show about a zombie apocalypse? LOL

Agreed, these have actually been well done thus far.

I've enjoyed the show thus far. There's room for improvement but I still say its better than a lot of whats on TV now.

I'm still disappointed that I didn't see any scenes with Frank West running over zombies with a lawnmower but hey there's always next season. :D

I finished season one. I thought these were some pretty good responses to the criticism in this thread of the finale, although I don't know who the heck Frank West is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty ho-hum season 3.5 premiere. Didn't seem like much happened, until the end where Rick lost his mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA