The Walking Dead (AMC)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting episode. Daryl it by far the best character IMHO.

The phone has come early, but I am glad it is coming.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up 'The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor'. It is a real novel, not a graphic novel and it the first of three. It is pretty interesting to get a feel of the first days after the infection started.

BTW, the Governor's name is Phillip and so far, he is a good guy. It is goign to be interesting to see him turn into what he is.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just picked up 'The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor'. It is a real novel, not a graphic novel and it the first of three. It is pretty interesting to get a feel of the first days after the infection started.

BTW, the Governor's name is Phillip and so far, he is a good guy. It is goign to be interesting to see him turn into what he is.

I read that book and the second one (The Road to Woodbury), the first book is better but they are both pretty well written and offer another look at the early Walking Dead world. I am hoping they do some books covering other parts of the country aside from Georgia.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow, but solid episode. It feels like this one was for the fans of the comic. It also is building up to for the mid-season break.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Thought this hour was the weakest of the season. 15 minutes of Rick going Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs, 15 minutes of Andrea playing hide-the-little-Governor, 10 minutes of Kill Bill 2, 18 minutes of Black Friday ads, and two minutes of moving the story forward.

Each of those three stories could have been interesting as stand alone episodes or as a continuing arch. Shoving all three onto one episode made it seem rushed, forced, and not nearly as entertaining as those plot-lines could have been.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrea's character is pretty weak, IMO.

All she does is stand and smile.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lotsa stuff in there. Good setup for the future.

They refound Carol, Maggie & Glenn captured, Michonne introduced herself, Andrea potentially knocked up.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And finally...soon...

Chad Coleman as Tyreese

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And finally...soon...

Chad Coleman as Tyreese

You must be registered for see images attach

i don't know who Tyreese is, but y'al make him out to be a king badass in the comics and if that's the case, they cast a GREAT actor to take that role.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above. Slow episode. It was OK, probably the slowest and weakest of what has been a bad ass season.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
my god has this gone down the tubes. it's just plain dumb now.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to think that.

Not that the show can't get better, I think that (for me at least) zombie stuff has run it's course. I just can't get into it any more...I have too many questions that relate to plot holes and the ever-changing physics of zombiehood in the show.

I'll keep watching though...Hell, I watched the lasts 3 seasons of Lost so..why not?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that I'm not the only one to think that.

Not that the show can't get better, I think that (for me at least) zombie stuff has run it's course. I just can't get into it any more...I have too many questions that relate to plot holes and the ever-changing physics of zombiehood in the show.

I'll keep watching though...Hell, I watched the lasts 3 seasons of Lost so..why not?

You did? By the living God that made you, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Ken!

Steve

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have too many questions that relate to plot holes and the ever-changing physics of zombiehood in the show.

Last season had a major plot device problem with the zombies. In one episode, they shoot about 10 zombies living in the barn shooting off about 1,000 rounds and not one roaming zombie took notice. Then in the 2nd to last episode, one round of gunfire attracts every zombie from miles around. The writing for this show has been weak at best.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season had a major plot device problem with the zombies. In one episode, they shoot about 10 zombies living in the barn shooting off about 1,000 rounds and not one roaming zombie took notice. Then in the 2nd to last episode, one round of gunfire attracts every zombie from miles around. The writing for this show has been weak at best.

How I understood it, the surrounding area was pretty devoid of wandering zombies. They had been trapping them all to that point. In a farming community I wouldn't expect to see tons of zombies to begin with. I just don't see this as a plot hole.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I understood it, the surrounding area was pretty devoid of wandering zombies. They had been trapping them all to that point. In a farming community I wouldn't expect to see tons of zombies to begin with. I just don't see this as a plot hole.

I think once you get over the first plot hole of zombies roaming the earth, you can overlook any others. :D

You must be registered for see images

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, in the first episode of last season, a wandering herd came through the highway. They also ran into a few in town(one in the pharmacy and quite a few while in the bar). But the plot hole is that one single gun shot drew about 200 zombies where the barrage of gunfire outside of the barn didn't draw a single one.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in the first episode of last season, a wandering herd came through the highway. They also ran into a few in town(one in the pharmacy and quite a few while in the bar). But the plot hole is that one single gun shot drew about 200 zombies where the barrage of gunfire outside of the barn didn't draw a single one.

The big difference is those other examples were still high population centers. There would be tons of people in and around the highway. Same with being in town.

If you live in a farming community with tons of land between neighbors and they had been already catching most of the neighbors in the barn, I would not expect to see zombies come a running. That's why the farm house was semi secure to begin with. It was secluded.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The big difference is those other examples were still high population centers. There would be tons of people in and around the highway. Same with being in town.

If you live in a farming community with tons of land between neighbors and they had been already catching most of the neighbors in the barn, I would not expect to see zombies come a running. That's why the farm house was semi secure to begin with. It was secluded.

Don't you remember in the beginning of one of the last episodes a herd of Zombies had their attention grabbed by a passing helicopter and just started following? They met up with larger and larger groups (herd mentality I guess). It showed them all lined up against the wooden three rail farm fence (which I assume is way at the edge of the property a long way from the farm house) the wood eventually snapped with the press of the herd and they just started wandering in the property.

Here is a snap of that...
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Here is a recap of that...

The episode started in the zombie-infested streets of Atlanta. We saw walkers in the streets, gnawing on an unfortunate deer. Then, the sound of a helicopter filled the sky. It seems likely that this is the same helicopter Rick heard way back in the series premiere. It's even possible that this sighting of the helicopter happened concurrently with the series premiere, although it seems more likely to me that the helicopter has a home base in Atlanta. (Since it's not military, I'm betting the copter is a scouting vehicle for some yet-unseen force of people.)

The sound of the helicopter led a zombie-mob to form, aimlessly walking away from the city. The herd had no real purpose. In one of the most striking images in the finale, the walkers ran into a fence, and the sheer force of their collective shambling managed to break the fence down. I thought, for a moment, that we were being set up to think that this was the same herd that started the season, but I think that the timeline doesn't make sense. In any event, the herd was walking through the forest when they heard a gunshot -- leading them straight to Hershel's farm.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/walking-dead-season-finale-recap/