The Trade Deadline

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most interesting trade rumor i've seen is NBC sports doing a "bold prediction"

In reverse order they have the 49ers trading with Dallas to get Aldon Smith(not buying it), Seattle getting Stephon Gilmore, and the Cards trading with Minnesota for Adam Thielen.

You can see why on all 3, SF has injuries galore so taking a risk on a former 49er but I just don't see it. Seattles defense is terrible so getting Gilmore and then getting Adams back helps but their primary issue is pass rush, they should be the one going after Aldon Smith.

For us Thielen would be remarkable.

I doubt any of those happen I think us getting Thielen is the least likely of the 3.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore (knee) did not travel with the team and is OUT against Buffalo. <br><br>New England will be without its top wide receiver and top defensive player.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
">October 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
The guys who i think make sense for us are
TE, Kyle Rudolph or David njoku
FS, Justin Simmons
DE Quinnan Williams

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guys who i think make sense for us are
TE, Kyle Rudolph or David njoku
FS, Justin Simmons
DE Quinnan Williams

Justin Simmons and Isaiah Simmons togheter on the field, should be amazing

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
and the Cards trading with Minnesota for Adam Thielen.

man, if you were a Vikings fan and that happened..

to watch Stefon Diggs and local boy Adam Thielen go in less than 12 months would be hard

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
TE or Pass rush? TE like that would be sweet, but don't we need a another pass rusher?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm fine with Watt for a 3rd or later, Gilmore at nearly any price, Jarrett for a 2nd/3rd, Njoku after the 4th, Quinnen for a 2nd or later, and then I'm about out of the market.

I do like Justin Simmons, but why give up a pick to sign him when you can just sign him in a couple of months? I'm not into rentals.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Desmond King from SD. Young vet who has played both CB and FS and kick return. Love to stick him in the backfield with BB. Might come cheap since he will be a FA after this season. Also, SD believes his play has gone down. Might be able to trade for a low pick next year.

Let him audition and see if he could be a cheaper/younger replacement for PP2

Bill Belichick has no qualms about trading star players when he sees he can get max value in draft picks. He may decide to tank the season, accumulate draft value, figure out how to QB Lawrence at the top of the draft. He has a lot of players who opted out for Covid-19 who will be returning next year. I can see him moving Gilmore for pick(s).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Desmond King from SD. Young vet who has played both CB and FS and kick return. Love to stick him in the backfield with BB. Might come cheap since he will be a FA after this season. Also, SD believes his play has gone down. Might be able to trade for a low pick next year.

Bill Belichick has no qualms about trading star players when he sees he can get max value in draft picks. He may decide to tank the season, accumulate draft value, figure out how to QB Lawrence at the top of the draft. He has a lot of players who opted out for Covid-19 who will be returning next year. I can see him moving Gilmore for pick(s).
King is a pure slot guy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I could see Belichick wanting Josh Jones and a third for Gilmore. They lost their third for taping the Bengals sideline.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Let me tell you a little secret about 'genius' Bill, the days of haphazardly trading guys like Chandler Jones will no longer be shielded by having Tom Brady as your QB. The days of botching drafts will no longer keep them afloat without Tom Brady. Sure Belichick is a great coach when having a elite franchise QB but that does not mean he's a great GM and Tom Brady clearly is the reason he has gotten away with such reckless behavior over the years... ps, great WR group you got there BB :sarcasm:

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I could see Belichick wanting Josh Jones and a third for Gilmore. They lost their third for taping the Bengals sideline.
I'm not trading josh Jones. First time in a while we got a very talent OT and were not forces to throw him in the starting line. He may be starting RT for the next 4 years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently a trade with Seattle and Aldon Smith from the Cowboys fell through

come on SK go get defensive help

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let me tell you a little secret about 'genius' Bill, the days of haphazardly trading guys like Chandler Jones will no longer be shielded by having Tom Brady as your QB. The days of botching drafts will no longer keep them afloat without Tom Brady. Sure Belichick is a great coach when having a elite franchise QB but that does not mean he's a great GM and Tom Brady clearly is the reason he has gotten away with such reckless behavior over the years... ps, great WR group you got there BB :sarcasm:

Guess the trade deadline will tell the story whether or not BB is still someone who has no qualms about trading away his star players. That will forever be the debate when it comes to the BB and TB duo---who was most important, who would have had success without the other? Do you remember the 2008 season when TB went out with an injury? Do you remember what happened that season and who stepped in as QB?

My guess is that BB is going to stick with his approach with trades even with TB gone and playing for Bruce in Tampa. Who's going to tell him no?

Six Pats opted out from playing this season---most notable Hightower and Chung. BB will continue wheeling and dealing and stockpiling draft picks.

To keep the focus on proposed trades, would you give up WR Kirk and a low pick for CB Gilmore?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Guess the trade deadline will tell the story whether or not BB is still someone who has no qualms about trading away his star players. That will forever be the debate when it comes to the BB and TB duo---who was most important, who would have had success without the other? Do you remember the 2008 season when TB went out with an injury? Do you remember what happened that season and who stepped in as QB?

My guess is that BB is going to stick with his approach with trades even with TB gone and playing for Bruce in Tampa. Who's going to tell him no?

Six Pats opted out from playing this season---most notable Hightower and Chung. BB will continue wheeling and dealing and stockpiling draft picks.

To keep the focus on proposed trades, would you give up WR Kirk and a low pick for CB Gilmore?

I would give a 2nd for Gilmore, but would not give him Kirk or any player who has shown to be useful to our QB on a window of a rookie contract... we have to keep our own which we draft and pan out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard