The Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Chopper0080, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Do the Cardinals not take advantage of this time off to adapt another RB into the offense. Look, I luv some Chase Edmunds but this is the time to think proactive and get another vet without putting all your chips on Eno and Foster if Chase can't be a every down back due to possible injury and frankly you need someone to spell him... me no thinky Drake will be an option for a while

2. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Plus I dont think he will be a high priority free agent. We have seen Edmonds do well in this offense, although in a more limited role.

I would give Eno a shot no matter what. On paper he does a lot of what we want to do well.

I might look at bringing in another vet that could theoretically carry a large load if need be. Maybe Lamar Miller? Someone who has been a feature back before?

3. SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal Registered

Bring him home to Arizona. The Cardinals could you use short-term help on the DL.

daves likes this.
  4. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

I have to believe that pass protection will be a determining factor who starts.

How is Eno in pass pro?

5. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Not now they might make a playoff run.

6. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Not good

7. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

That's why he not getting reps.

Work harder Eno!

Ronin likes this.
  8. WakeForestCard

WakeForestCard Free Agent

We are already down our 4th (Hopkins) and 6th (Golden) round picks this year right? Do we have any coming back in? I don't anticipate them using anymore and leaving our draft cupboard completely bare.

9. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

I agree to an extent, but if there were a draft to do it in, this is it. A lot of players will be being judged on tape from last year, and these guys will have sat out an entire year. I think those mid round type guys are going to be hard to judge.

This year, I would be up for trading most draft picks depending on the deal. If Q Williams is actually availble, I would trade our 1st for him. Certainly a 2nd and 3rd.

There isn't going to be a D-Lineman any better/younger in our section of the draft. Think of it this way...in 2019...would we have traded a future 1st (2 years down the road..in the 20's+) for the #3 pick in the draft? I think Williams is actually pretty good, but Im not willing to put much stock into his time with the Jets.

Harry, BritCard and Garthshort like this.
  10. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Burkhead from NE is pretty good and might be available. Not a super star, but could be a nice addition, even when Drake returns.

11. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

how would we know?

WisconsinCard likes this.
  12. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

in college Eno ran between the tackles pretty well. So the argument that he's a good backup to edmonds has some merit, he's quick he is strong for his size, and he was a pretty good receiver in college. But he's totally untested, can he pass block and again who is the short yardage guy?

He's more similar to Chase than Drake so there's some continuity there although I think Chase is more elusive and more explosive.

I expect we'll try to find a veteran who can push a pile, maybe even a guy like Peyton Barber in Washington. Gibson had a big game last week, they still have Bryce Love rehabbing had a setback with swelling in the knee but they may be in a position they could move Barber for a late round pick, he's nothing special but he's a short yardage guy

Harry likes this.
  13. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

Detroit has a plethora of RB's including AP, Kerryon Johnson, and Bo Scarbrough.

Don't forget about Jonathon Ward...he was activated over Eno already this year (bigger RB).

14. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

15. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Call and offer them our 1st rounder. Right now it is looking like it will be in the 20's. This draft is a crapshoot with all the players sitting out. Quinnen Williams is getting better, despite being on one of the worst teams ever. He has already surpassed his numbers from last year, and IMO will be much better on a better overall defense.

Yes...our 1st round pick COULD turn out to be a starter, but IMO you go with the known quantity. He's only 22. He has some NFL experience, and he has a lot of untapped potential still in there.

Think of a future D Line of Lawrence, Fetu, Williams. Huge, strong against the run, frees up our LB's by commanding double teams, and with enough burst to push the pocket

Praxis likes this.