The Suns next big move

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head ASFN Contributor Contributor

The most cash that can be included is $3 million and that is a drop in the bucket compared to what Love is making. It also wouldn't lessen his cap hit at all. If you were trading a player with a smaller deal then that cash could help offset a good portion or an entire year of their salary but max money guys like Love, it doesn't make a difference.

2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

that is an antiquated number. They need to raise it—a lot.

3. Dr dumas

Dr dumas Free Agent

You’re correct.. for some reason I didn’t look at games played due to injury.

4. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

I don't think he would cripple our finances. We'll be over the cap anyway, unless we decide to gut the team which seems very unlikely.

I think he'd be a nice addition if Cleveland is looking to move him for nothing other than salary room. Definitely wouldn't give up Bridges, a pick or any other valuable asset.

5. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

And saddle us with yet another unathletic power forward who can't protect the rim or defend? Yeah, that would certainly fit James Jones's M.O. to this point and further cripple our play, if not our finances.

6. Bada0Bing

I don't think we would saddle ourselves with another unathletic PF because obviously you'd move one of the current ones, or at least stop giving them PT. IMO blocks and steals are overrated. While Love may not protect the rim, his defense is at least average.

I don't quite understand the James Jones comment. Although, i must admit that I typically skip past your posts so I may be missing some context. I read your post this time because you replied to me.

I understand the financial commitment we'd make with the trade; I just don't think it would be as damaging as some think it to be. It's not like we'd be under the cap far enough to sign a max player anyway.

7. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

We’d need more... To take on that contract they’d need to throw us an asset bigger than the mole on Ginny Sack’s ass. Love is not a great fit so it’d need to be a great value deal for Jones.

8. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Wouldn't be the first time Jones didn't get value when taking on a bad fit in a trade (see Saric, Dario)...

9. Bada0Bing

Seems like a good fit to me. I'd rather see him out there next to Ayton and Baynes rather than Frank the Tank.

10. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Basically the same player, only Love is a better rebounder and a slightly less erratic shooter.

11. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Dedmon?:shrug: He wants out of Sacramento. I would post a link but the report is published by the athletic.

12. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

The Suns are like your dead beat alcoholic brother in law. He comes to you every so often with some new story about he he's finally got his act together. He has a job interview, the number one pick in the draft, a new girlfriend, just signed a couple of free agents and if you can just front him a $1000 bucks for a few weeks he'll pay you back double when he gets his first check.

Only thing is you know nothings gonna change as long as he has the same pathetic meddling owner, keeps drinking, hangs out with the same crowd etc, etc...

What are you gonna do?

BC867 likes this.
  13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

How do know my brother in law?

Finito likes this.
  14. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Suns should have re-signed Holmes.

Here is a snippet from the article:

https://theathletic.com/1490550/?source=twittered&redirected=1

15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head ASFN Contributor Contributor

Can't fault the Suns for passing on Holmes. Not only did he get in some legal trouble this summer but they already made the deal for Baynes by then also. There wouldn't have been minutes for Ayton, Baynes, and Holmes. Of course Ayton hasn't been available but I don't fault James Jones for not foreseeing that. That was much more than a typical injury. Had the Suns kept Holmes it could have easily led to an IT, Dragic, Bledsoe situation with a very crowded frontcourt.