The Suns next big move

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree that it would be an overpay to do Ayton + multiple first round picks for Towns. But I would do a KAT for Ayton straight up (and Tyler Johnson for salaries). I’m sure the wolves would want more, but not sure if they would have a better offer. I understand that it is tough to make a trade like this when we don’t know for sure what Ayton becomes. But, at this point, I prefer the known commodity vs the potential of Ayton. Again, I doubt the wolves would do this...unless KAT makes enough noise and there aren’t any better offers.
Again I react to money being a fan's consideration. Let Sarver and his
banking buddies spend part of the billion dollars the Suns are worth.

As a fan, I want to see a competitive team. You get what you pay for!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Hearing James Jones being interviewed on the Burns and Gambo show right now. He is beyond clueless. Examples include the statement "you play to score, not to get fouled" in response to questions regarding the need to feed Ayton in the post to get Ayton to the free throw line more, his suggestion that Ayton doesn't need to be more aggressive in order to be more effective, and his emphasis on players making their own independent determinations of what is needed in terms of crashing the boards or getting back on defense, rather than playing within any kind of system instituted by Monty.

The Suns' next big move HAS to be firing Jones and replacing him with a remotely competent GM.
Incompetent owners do not hire competent underlings who will not be pawns.

Clearly, King Robert I is in it for the fame and fortune. Not for steady growth.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Incompetent owners do not hire competent underlings who will not be pawns.

Clearly, King Robert I is in it for the fame and fortune. Not for steady growth.

Then infamy and notoriety is good enough for him, I guess...because he is now firmly in Bill Bidwill, Donald Sterling and Daniel Snyder territory.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What team and what package could approach Ayton?

I'm sure there will be some excellent trade packages if the Wolves decide to trade Towns. I haven't seen them but there will be some good ones out there. It's hard to know in a vacuum.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be some excellent trade packages if the Wolves decide to trade Towns. I haven't seen them but there will be some good ones out there. It's hard to know in a vacuum.

Particularly knowing what James Jones would do with the picks, I trade Ayton, Tyler Johnson, Cam Johnson and two first rounders right now and don't even think twice about it. At least Booker would be happy, and this team wouldn't be such a torture to watch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can’t think of a single team that can put together a package that will have a singular asset as attractive, and as sellable to fans, as Ayton that would be willing to sacrifice that type of player. There will be pupu platters like the one the lakers delivered to New Orleans. But almost every team that wasn’t about to land a Zion would prefer a package built around Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t think of a single team that can put together a package that will have a singular asset as attractive, and as sellable to fans, as Ayton that would be willing to sacrifice that type of player. There will be pupu platters like the one the lakers delivered to New Orleans. But almost every team that wasn’t about to land a Zion would prefer a package built around Ayton.

Do you think the Thunder could put a great trade package together? I do with all their draft picks and a center like Adams. Some other teams can as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you think the Thunder could put a great trade package together? I do with all their draft picks and a center like Adams. Some other teams can as well.
Adams isn’t a marquee centerpiece for a trade. They won’t throw in SGA bc they’d want to pair him with KAT. So that really kinda leaves old (Paul), rental (danilo), Schroeder, and picks. And those picks are later picks as they are from Houston and clippers. They won’t want to trade their pick and frankly they won’t want to unload a lot of the draft capital they’ve acquired for rebuilding. So no, I don’t think the pupu platter they’d put together would be as appealing to minny as Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adams isn’t a marquee centerpiece for a trade. They won’t throw in SGA bc they’d want to pair him with KAT. So that really kinda leaves old (Paul), rental (danilo), Schroeder, and picks. And those picks are later picks as they are from Houston and clippers. They won’t want to trade their pick and frankly they won’t want to unload a lot of the draft capital they’ve acquired for rebuilding. So no, I don’t think the pupu platter they’d put together would be as appealing to minny as Ayton.

The point is, including Ayton may not be the best trade package out there.

KAT may not even want to be here. Who knows, perhaps it's Booker that has wandering eyes. I couldn't blame him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The point is, including Ayton may not be the best trade package out there.

KAT may not even want to be here. Who knows, perhaps it's Booker that has wandering eyes. I couldn't blame him.
The funny thing is I’m not even a big fan of KAT. So I kinda don’t even really care. Sheesh I’m starting to not even care about the suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is I’m not even a big fan of KAT. So I kinda don’t even really care. Sheesh I’m starting to not even care about the suns.

this is where I'm at.

we're the T-Wolves either way... either if we trade for him and become that now... or Ayton develops a little more and become them later.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this is where I'm at.

we're the T-Wolves either way... either if we trade for him and become that now... or Ayton develops a little more and become them later.

At least the T-Wolves can beat the Grizzlies. At this point, the Suns for the third year in a row are the worst team in the NBA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the T-Wolves can beat the Grizzlies. At this point, the Suns for the third year in a row are the worst team in the NBA.

sadly, we're not even that. we've only got the 6th worst record in the league. but we're doing our damnedest to change that.

can't believe I looked at this homestead and posted we have a chance to really go on a run here. shoot me in the face this team is a disaster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's really tough right now Ouchie. Hard to know where the Suns go from here.

They already have a new coach and GM. I don't trust the front office to make the right decisions via draft or trade. The Suns are like the fruit of the poison tree. Can a bad tree produce good fruit?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
sadly, we're not even that. we've only got the 6th worst record in the league. but we're doing our damnedest to change that.

can't believe I looked at this homestead and posted we have a chance to really go on a run here. shoot me in the face this team is a disaster.
Hey 6th worst team got Zion last year ! :)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Zion was leg problems waiting to happen. And it happened.

Teams certainly took that into consideration.

Bad example!
My main point was they got the #1 pick

but besides that I still think Zion is going to be good, before his injury he was dominating summer league. Simmons didn't play his first year and embiid didn't play much either

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My main point was they got the #1 pick

but besides that I still think Zion is going to be good, before his injury he was dominating summer league. Simmons didn't play his first year and embiid didn't play much either

6'6" - 284. That is a lot of weight on those legs every time he goes up and comes down.

Consider that Wilt Chamberlain was listed as 7'1" - 275. Seven inches taller and nine pounds lighter.

My point was specific. Teams passed on Zion because of his injury risk being the highest in the league.
Especially for a front court player. And despite how he did before his injury.

In the long run, a great player who is available half of the time doesn't help a team any more than a
marginal player who is available all of the time.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
6'6" - 284. That is a lot of weight on those legs every time he goes up and comes down.

Consider that Wilt Chamberlain was listed as 7'1" - 275. Seven inches taller and 9 pounds lighter.

My point was specific. Teams passed on Zion because of his injury risk being the highest in the league.
Especially for a front court player. And despite how he did before his injury.

In the long run, a great player who is available half of the time doesn't help a team any more than a
marginal player who is available all of the time.
Um what teams passed on Zion exactly????

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Um what teams passed on Zion exactly????
My bad. The Pelicans drafted him #1.

At my age, my instant recall sometimes gets fuzzy.

Help me on this. Was that clear from the start or
where there rumors that teams were wary about
his weight?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
My bad. The Pelicans drafted him #1.

At my age, my instant recall sometimes gets fuzzy.

Help me on this. Was that clear from the start or
where there rumors that teams were wary about
his weight?
No the injury concern was real that was definitely talked about alot before the draft , but I don't believe there wasn't any team in the league that would have passed on him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard