The QB Market: Yes or No?

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
The distraction and/or division. You don't want guys from any political persuasion dividing your teams and fans attention away from beating the next team you face.

You don't want guys answering questions during the week to whatever the latest controversy is. This sort of stuff can also rub players the wrong way. "They're talking about our idiot QB instead of my 3 TD's against the best defense."

Usually also these guys are a bit high strung, make dumb penalties, and tear apart a locker room. Even ones where they agree. Just look at Seattle. They have had a few morons on their team, and now they're imploding, partially from that.

We want people who live, breath, eat football. It's alright to have causes, but don't be controversial or take the focus away from the teams goals.

You don't live, breath, eat football if you're making a spectacle about yourself.
This is why you don't want somebody with a political agenda. Good way to stir up a hornets nest.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I actually like Rudolph. I was disappointed he didn't come out last year. My eyes tell me he can play, but these reports of his arm strength have gotten me second guessing myself. So ashamed!!
I guess his arm strength will be assessed at the combine!

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
so...ya think if denver signs cousins they will trade away #5?
It is possible for sure. I don't see them drafting a quarterback at five if they get Cousins. Even if they don't trade the #5 pick that's one less team that will be taking a QB that high which gives us a better chance of getting our guy. No matter what I think we have to trade up into the top ten to get our QB. Unless its Mason Rudolph. I think we can get him at 15.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is possible for sure. I don't see them drafting a quarterback at five if they get Cousins. Even if they don't trade the #5 pick that's one less team that will be taking a QB that high which gives us a better chance of getting our guy. No matter what I think we have to trade up into the top ten to get our QB. Unless its Mason Rudolph. I think we can get him at 15.
I doubt we’ll have to trade up to get Lamar. Denver gets Cousins, I still think there’s a chance of Baker falling to us as well. Not a big chance, but a chance.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Prediction: Elway falls in love with Mayfield. Cousins chooses Cards over Jets even if it means he doesn't get a top-5 contract. He's already said he wants to win but money talks so we'll see what happens if Cleveland offers him the largest deal in history (if they don't want to take at QB at #1).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I am serious. Cardinals likely will bring RG3 in for a looksie.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just as the Cardinals picked up Deone Bucannon's $8.7M option, the Jaguars have until the 1st day of the new season in March to change their mind. The option becomes guaranteed if Bucannon or Bortles is still on the roster on March 14th. Thus, the Jags would have to come to an agreement with Cousins during the discussion period prior to the start of the new year, and if they do, then they can tell Bortles they are no longer picking up his option.

Bortles can show injured wrist to Jaguars and collect 19 million dollars, no? Jags are in soup here if they really want Cousins

That's how I see the Bortles situation. They will be on the hook for $19 mil for Bortles either way.

Reaction score
Josh Allen aka Logan Thomas 2.0 = Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

He's got the exact physical traits you want, but he can't read a defense, not even at a small school setting. What's he gonna do with the Rams defense or Seattle and Earl Thomas over the top.....

56% pass completion at that level...please. 6 INT's at Wyoming ....please...that's horrible. He was going against CB's that couldn't get scholarships...now he's gonna have the best in the world....he's dead meat!

No freaking way! If he's their boy....I'm not renewing my season tickets.

But you are pimping Jackson?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim explaining Lamar Jackson to Fitz will be epic. Would like to be a fly on the wall when convo happens.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Peeps save your dollars for Lamar Jackson jeresey's

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really want the Cards to try and sign AJ MaCarron if possible or if not Tyrod Taylor to hold the fort while we draft our QB of the future. I think this is a great draft for a franchise wanting a QB and since the team stated they are flexible about the scheme, I think we will be in great shape even if we do not trade in the draft

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really want the Cards to try and sign AJ MaCarron if possible or if not Tyrod Taylor to hold the fort while we draft our QB of the future. I think this is a great draft for a franchise wanting a QB and since the team stated they are flexible about the scheme, I think we will be in great shape even if we do not trade in the draft

When two teams in-front of Cardinals draft order decide to go veteran route with Cousins and Alex Smith, what does that tell about this draft class QBs?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When two teams in-front of Cardinals draft order decide to go veteran route with Cousins and Alex Smith, what does that tell about this draft class QBs?

That they lack the balls to either draft one in the first round or that they too like this draft and still think they can get a QB in the second round which might take more time to develop but not out of their mindset because it's not a question of the owners not having money to spend, but dealing with the ebb and flow of the cap... this is a great draft for the position in my opinion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Broncos I get... they still think they have a window. The Skins aren't going "the veteran route" instead of the draft. They had a veteran and just traded for another. And there's a reason that team is continually drafting ahead of us. Holding them up as proof of anything but dysfunction isn't a very well through out argument, IMO.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Broncos go the Cousins route because Cousins is at least as good as Stafford, everyone that sells Cousins short is a fool. On the other hand is if you think neither one is going to win a SB, than I'm okay with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully Donks can get Cousins, Browns go Allen with #1, Giants go Barkley #2, Jets covet Rosen. We could maybe jump up and swap with Chicago or Raiders and get Mayfield or Darnold

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think something that gets forgotten was the browns had a trade in place for McCarron, so he could be their number one target since they were going to trade the #33 pick (I believe) for him during the season.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I doubt we’ll have to trade up to get Lamar. Denver gets Cousins, I still think there’s a chance of Baker falling to us as well. Not a big chance, but a chance.
I’m hoping for Baker. I don’t want Lamar Jackson at all. He is the worst QB prospect out of the top ten quarterbacks. I can see him as a RB but not a QB.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It tells me it would be a huge mistake to trade a cache of picks to try and draft Rosen or Darnold. Stay put and take either Mayfield or Jackson at #15 and pray that BUF releases Taylor.

Reaction score
No matter what this looks like our best chance in years to get 2 decent QBs.

Prospects for drafting a QB look better....but that’s the way it should be. Let’s just hope the vet is good enough to last for a few games.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush?
We don't any faith in our coaching staff to develop an rookie QB
We panicked
We went the safe route
I am scared of the unknown

That's all I got

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold are there at #7 and Keim doesn't make a trade...he should practically be fired on the spot. Allen is too raw to trade up for IMO...unless you're just trading up a spot or two to jump in front of a potential suitor.

So if he gives up two number ones and a third to get there, you're ok with that? I don't think that is even enough to get us there.

I don't understand this line of thinking, I mean I get it, but if the other team don't want to trade or you get outbid for the pick he should be fired?