The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look out for that 450-500 range for anyone with shares looking to lock profit. That would be a great range to do what the pro traders do.. lock in profits on the way up before momentum loss. [emoji106]
Hopefully it rockets to 450, I run a stop at 400 but then rockets to 550 and I keep climbing [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look out for that 450-500 range for anyone with shares looking to lock profit. That would be a great range to do what the pro traders do.. lock in profits on the way up before momentum loss. :thumbup:
Way to be the voice of reason, dscher! I probably should start thinking what my exit strategy will be. As much as I’d like to remain a dumb female ape with the rest of the gme folks, I do want to some profit. I’m not in this to fight the hedgies.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First and last time you'll see this sentence on asfn.. lol. ;). Just watching the charts...no problem at all. I love studying the patterns. Good luck to you GME'ers!
Lol I know, I had to make sure I wasn’t in the P&R forum before I posted :D

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hopefully it rockets to 450, I run a stop at 400 but then rockets to 550 and I keep climbing [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Gotta hold until $69420! That's the target price WSB gives. ;) If I get out with any profit I'll be happy. I'll probably start setting some stops if it goes over 325.

Hopefully tomorrow is a repeat of today overall. I could use another bounce back day or two after the way my portfolio got beat up the last two weeks. Fortunately it's was all unrealized gains on stocks I'm long on and nothing new went red, but seeing that drop still sucks. Now I just have to figure out how to get Jack Dorsey to not make any stupid purchases. I'm still pissed at him over last week.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think TSLA will easily be at $720 by mid april. What do you think? I'm learning how to draw on charts to study but I'm really dumb still.

This is what I drew up a few weeks ago on charts when the stock was over 800. The overbuy line has moved and we are now in the safe zone

edit: My chart and lines are not showing support for 720 for mid april, more like 650/700. looks like 720 would be in the overbuy range still and above my support line.

Charts are pure superstition. You'll be better off staying away from them.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What are you guys' thoughts on the ARK ETFs? In general and specifically with ARKX about to launch. I've been thinking of parking some IRA money into it once it opens.

I'm a fan. I have ARKG and will probably get ARKX. I stayed away from ARKK because it was Tesla-heavy, and I don't like Musk.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I mean....monitoring trends vs not monitoring trends...

Yep, pretty much. Rule #1 of the stock market is "Past performance is not indicative of future results." There's no way to assess a "trend" except retroactively.

Stock charts and horoscope charts have identical predictive value, which is to say, none.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charts are pure superstition. You'll be better off staying away from them.
What's wrong with superstition? They are mountains here in a AZ... Do they not exist or matter? :)

If we believe in science and algorithms, then we can't discount technicals.. if you don't mind, what's your issue with technicals? Lack of knowledge or something else?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty amazing to watch.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
super interested in seeing what happens after earning tonight with AMC. They won't be good but the future is way brighter now that they have started opening. I was at a sell point for my call option and while reading more about what to do with it it dropped well below what I was about to sell the option at lol.

its a crying shame I dropped over $100 shares of GME around $75 to lower my risk. I broke even so it was okay at the time but holy crap thats a lot of unrealized profit at this point.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
super interested in seeing what happens after earning tonight with AMC. They won't be good but the future is way brighter now that they have started opening. I was at a sell point for my call option and while reading more about what to do with it it dropped well below what I was about to sell the option at lol.

its a crying shame I dropped over $100 shares of GME around $75 to lower my risk. I broke even so it was okay at the time but holy crap thats a lot of unrealized profit at this point.

You can't worry about hindsight moves though. They'll kill you. It was the right move for you at the time. I had the thought a couple times that I should have sold CCIV when it hit 60 and rebought in now to double my shares but that's an easy move to make now. If I had done it the deal would have been structured differently and it would have hit 100 per share. ;).

Only time I beat myself up at all is when I don't follow through with something and it costs me. And that's to learn from it. Like I need to trust my gut a little more. My recent one is that it told me to sell TSLA when it dropped to about 740. If I had listened to it I could have made a nice little profit with last week's dip. Learning moment.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put in a limit on RBLX opening. It has potential so may as well dabble.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently I have 383 shares (8.85 average share price if I'm reading schwab right) and then this is my open call bet I did to learn call options. As usual, you wish you went harder at it on a day like today

You must be registered for see images attach

My first call option was a success.I still do not fully understand it though. I understand the closer I got to March 19th, the less valuable the premium would be so then you are weighing if you expect the stock to climb a lot more and hold vs selling now at a higher premium. Seems figuring out the risk/reward ratio becomes highly complicated from there. With AMC earning coming tonight and likely being poopy because they were closed, I figured I should sell today in case it drops.It was a very minor gamble just to try them out so it couldnt be a jackpot winner anyway and nothing wrong with making money even when small.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I put in a limit on RBLX opening. It has potential so may as well dabble.

I'm going to hold off on RBLX for now and see how it goes over the next few days first. Plus I need to weight on the 15th for my paycheck. My 2H 2020 performance bonus plus my yearly raise (prorated to the start of the year) is in so it's going to be a nice check. I was planning on dropping 2 or 3k from it into my account. I'm thinking RBLX might have stabilized by then or at least shown its trend. Being a little guy I never get the good IPO prices and always end up buying up high on the stock's first hump. I've been trying to avoid doing that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big boys trying hard to tank GME and AMC both were riding the wave then BOOM.

did they freeze GameStop?

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WOW from 340 to 250 in minutes

I have a buddy who bought at $300 during the first peak. He continued to hold and when it got back over $300 again, I convinced him to put in a trailing stop. He basically broke even now.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The big boys trying hard to tank GME and AMC both were riding the wave then BOOM.

did they freeze GameStop?

It froze 3 or 4 times now. All of the meme stocks saw a drop at the same time along with SQ and TSLA. Something definitely seemed to be back up. Most look to be recovering now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson