The Manchester United FC thread

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LONDON - In an effort to find the ideal replacement for the injured Gonzalo Higuain, the coach of Real Madrid, the Portuguese Jose Mourinho gave to the club president, Florentino Perez, a list of three names to replace the pampas.

The first option is the Lusitanian strategist Emmanuel Adebayor, the second is another Argentine, Carlos Tevez, both of Manchester City and the third, which surprised British media is Chicharito Mexican Javier Hernandez, of Manchester United.

Espn

No way in hell he leaves United

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Chicharito comes through again with yet another game-winner.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait til we start seeing those goals in the gold cup and copa america next summer.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He seems to do well against Wigan, WBA and Stoke.

Those would be the teams he's made consistant apperances against. He's put goals through Cech, Casillas, Lloris, Stekelenberg, amongst others, this year.

I predicted he'd score 5-10 goals this year, he's got 6 in about 15 appearances. Can't say i'm complaining.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Those would be the teams he's made consistant apperances against. He's put goals through Cech, Casillas, Lloris, Stekelenberg, amongst others, this year.

I predicted he'd score 5-10 goals this year, he's got 6 in about 15 appearances. Can't say i'm complaining.
Let's not get carried away now.

Whilst playing for the Scum his only goals against teams that don't deserve to be relegated were against Chelsea and Valencia. The one against Chelsea was an open goal and he managed to kick the ball into his face before it bounced into the net. It was also in the Charity Shield, so not exactly important.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Game-winner in Champions League is pretty important though :)

If it's so easy to score against those teams, surely experienced EPL players like Arshavin, Anelka, Pavlyuchenko, Kuyt, Rooney, Van Persie, Adebayor would have scored many more goals vs those teams who deserve to be relegated, right?

He's still got a long ways to go to even become a consistent starter, but what hes done in the past year is impressive to even non-united fans.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Game-winner in Champions League is pretty important though :)

If it's so easy to score against those teams, surely experienced EPL players like Arshavin, Anelka, Pavlyuchenko, Kuyt, Rooney, Van Persie, Adebayor would have scored many more goals vs those teams who deserve to be relegated, right?

He's still got a long ways to go to even become a consistent starter, but what hes done in the past year is impressive to even non-united fans.

LOL Arshavin and Adebayor? They couldn't get a goal if the keeper gave them a shot.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arshavin is more hype than anything, so I'll give ya that one, Chap. Adebayor, however, has put up 25+ goals in one season. Not since he played for Arsenal, but he has.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arshavin is more hype than anything, so I'll give ya that one, Chap. Adebayor, however, has put up 25+ goals in one season. Not since he played for Arsenal, but he has.

That's the key.

Oh, and don't count out Van Persie, he's finally healthy and when healthy, he's a top 5 striker in the Premiere League.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and don't count out Van Persie, he's finally healthy and when healthy, he's a top 5 striker in the Premiere League.

That's the key.

He's rarely healthy, and when he is, it doesn't last very long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's the key.

He's rarely healthy, and when he is, it doesn't last very long.

He is right now. And you can't proclaim a player to be one of the best in the league and compare him to another one of the best in the league and say that's he's always injured. When Chicharito is injured, he's no better or worse than Van Persie when he's injured, but when both are healthy, Van Persie is better.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is right now. And you can't proclaim a player to be one of the best in the league and compare him to another one of the best in the league and say that's he's always injured. When Chicharito is injured, he's no better or worse than Van Persie when he's injured, but when both are healthy, Van Persie is better.
By a long way IMO.

Little Pea, or whatever he is called has shown flashes of what it takes to become a good player but he is going to have to score a lot of goals to erase the memory of that Charity Shield 'ball to face' kick.

One of the funniest goals I've had the pleasure of seeing.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're right. Surely something as degrading as scoring with your face would require some sort miracle finish to "bounce back" from. What've you got in mind?

Some sort of... Dare I say. backwards headder??

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Berbatov = 70% Suck, 20% average 10% Best EPL player. Wow, another hat trick.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rumor has it Sketelenberg is the man they're looking at to replace VDS after he retires this yr. Would make an awesome pick up.

Chicharito with another game-winner... no big. :)

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Rumor has it Sketelenberg is the man they're looking at to replace VDS after he retires this yr. Would make an awesome pick up.

Chicharito with another game-winner... no big. :)

A few papers have you winning the race for Henderson for £20 million over here this morning. I would like to see him finish the year here and hope that as he is Sunderland born and bread he will see the season out.

Re VDS i think that Gordon might end up going to Old Trafford too. We spent 9 Million on him a few years ago and i would want double that if he went.

Both played might make the Wellbeck talks more interesting though.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away now.

Whilst playing for the Scum his only goals against teams that don't deserve to be relegated were against Chelsea and Valencia. The one against Chelsea was an open goal and he managed to kick the ball into his face before it bounced into the net. It was also in the Charity Shield, so not exactly important.
CL semis important enough?

As long as he gets production from the midfield, Chicharito will lead United to winning the CL cup this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Marvelous result. I didn't think we'd be able to pull out a draw, and early on it looked like we'd put a few in, so I'm very pleased with the result here. Some spotty reffing that seemed to even out, with one penalty missed on each side. And keeping Chicharito off the score sheet was extra sweet. Granted, the kid looked great early, and that yellow for diving was a little harsh.

So, yeah, I would have loved to have gotten the full 3 after that great start, but I'll take the point.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marvelous result. I didn't think we'd be able to pull out a draw, and early on it looked like we'd put a few in, so I'm very pleased with the result here. Some spotty reffing that seemed to even out, with one penalty missed on each side. And keeping Chicharito off the score sheet was extra sweet. Granted, the kid looked great early, and that yellow for diving was a little harsh.

So, yeah, I would have loved to have gotten the full 3 after that great start, but I'll take the point.

Howard had stopped a good 4-5 shots from JH today, so relieving to see Hernandez put the game winner past Howard.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
United are champions!! Can't wait til they beat Bartha in the CL final to cap off an epic year :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort