The Manchester United FC thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is probably the worst job to take on in the world. There has to be patience and I think JM is doing ok. Better than the last two if I recall correct. Honestly I think there is a slight talent gap between MU and Chelsea mainly in the midfield and defense. Hazard presented a lot of problems before the send off of Herrera. They seemed to have a bounty on him because they could not account for him properly.

The talent gap between Chelsea and Man U is more than slight IMO.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Aside from Marcus Rashford, the talent for Man U seems to be aging. A lot of key positions are getting long in the tooth.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was being nice. But they are a couple of good/great signings away.
I agree. Pogba has just been OK. We need another forward and we need to get younger on that back line. I know this is an A level coach, but I am not sure I agree he's getting the best out of his players.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree. Pogba has just been OK. We need another forward and we need to get younger on that back line. I know this is an A level coach, but I am not sure I agree he's getting the best out of his players.
We will see how it plays out. After a rough start.. I think JM is definitely right for united going forward. I don't know that they can be much higher than they are right now. They have a real shot at top 4 but the parity is very difficult among 5-6 teams.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Big win over Chelsea. Rashford had a nice gAme. Maybe should of had 2 goals. This Means spurs have slight window

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Top 4 looking very possible now for united. Liverpool losing to palace hurt them. Who knows what will happen yet. People just assume the teams in the middle and bottom of the table will fold away but this drama is why the EPL is the best. I really do not want to see Chelsea hold on but they seem so steady.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I believe top 5 go to Champions League? That's why I was wanting Man U to get there. I think they may be better now that Ibrahimovic went down. Rashford just stretches the defense so much with his speed. He seems to set up guys for good scoring opportunities.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe top 5 go to Champions League? That's why I was wanting Man U to get there. I think they may be better now that Ibrahimovic went down. Rashford just stretches the defense so much with his speed. He seems to set up guys for good scoring opportunities.

Top 4 go. Man U win and the Liverpool loss hurts. We need Man U to stumble at the end. You have a tough schedule.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Krap on the top 4 go! I don't have much faith in Man U with all the ties we have earned this season. We could real off all ties here at the end, too! :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And another draw this time with Swansea. That one must hurt. borough leading man city last time I checked. There are simple matches at this point.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool all they have left is simple matches and those give them trouble. They are undefeated against the top half of the table and are still clinging to the Champions League. Unbelievable.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The table is actually not bad. Man U is now in position to leap frog 2 teams if all goes well. Probably tie again, though!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Liverpool win out, they will beat Man U.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This team is going to be wholly different from last year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romelu Lukaku: Man Utd move from Everton a 'perfect opportunity'
Romelu Lukaku says he did not have to "think twice" about moving to Manchester United from Everton as it represents "the perfect opportunity".

The 24-year-old striker is set to sign for United for an initial £75m, despite former club Chelsea matching the bid.

"It's a club that is hungry to win the league again, to be dominant in the world again," Lukaku told ESPN, who say they spoke to him after his medical.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40547192

Lorenzo

Reaction score
haha rooney says things did not go stale at ManU. yeah and England beat Iceland last year...wait? He was once a class player, but he is not the player he once was and is overrated for me. If he were another nationality he would not be playing the PL. and he is getting a pass playing at Everton. He should be playing for Sunderland or Wolves just as John Terry is going to Villa.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And just like that lekaku and rashford pair up for a goal. Could be a deadly combo as rashford has often been a Lone Ranger on the counter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA