The Manchester United FC thread

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss the REAL Manchester team, CITY!

Tevez is by far my favorite player but I had to abandon him when he went to Man U.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting draw for United today. Rangers, Valencia, and Bursaspor. United shouldn't have much trouble advancing, but an interesting group nonetheless. Look forward to the Rangers' visit. Could get interesting.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Super easy group for United. I see them and Bursaspor advancing, Valencia is depleted.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss the REAL Manchester team, CITY!

Tevez is by far my favorite player but I had to abandon him when he went to Man U.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

CL action today vs Rangers, should be great! :)

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At first, I thought Chicharito was just a marketing tactic by United to lure in the US/Mexican markets, but he's turning out to be a pretty solid player, really impressive, since he went from Mexican league to EPL in a couple months.

Manchester United's midfield is scary without Giggs/Scholes though, they really should have invested in some MF help.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At first, I thought Chicharito was just a marketing tactic by United to lure in the US/Mexican markets, but he's turning out to be a pretty solid player, really impressive, since he went from Mexican league to EPL in a couple months.

Manchester United's midfield is scary without Giggs/Scholes though, they really should have invested in some MF help.

I do think the defenders they have now are doing a good job. At least the couple games I got to see, I came away impressed. They are missing midfielders.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ferguson confirms Rooney wants out

"The player says he's adamant he wants to leave," he said, "His agent has intimated he won't sign a contract and he wants to leave. It's a shock. We're terribly disappointed by the news because we can't understand it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=833731&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

Sucks to see him go... Oh well, sell him and get some midfielders who can feed Berba and Chicharito. No question in my mind they'll pursuit a striker this winter as well, It'd be great if Forlan made a return to Old Trafford.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eevn though Leeds lost today the continuing development of man u turning into **** makes me happy.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So?

Scored the game winner vs top competition @ Valencia.
Scored a double (including a game-winner) @ Stoke just two days ago too.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Owen has been out with a groin injury after being substituted in Manchester United's 0-0 draw with Sunderland on October 2. He was back in training last week but picked up a hamstring strain ahead of Tuesday night's Carling Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.

"It's not going great," he told BBC Radio 5live. "I had a bit of a tight groin a while ago and I've trained for a week preparing for last night's game but then I had a setback with a different muscle injury.

Surprise, surprise, another injury for Owen. :/

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice win on Wigan.

You know who scored again :-D

You must be registered for see images

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man