The Continuing Saga of "Barroids"

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am watching the Giants/Cubs game. They showed a clip from batting practice.

Barry hit a ball to right field, out of the park, across the street that broke a 3rd story window in a building :eek:

Incredible

Definately watch SportsCenter tonight to see that baby

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They said it travelled 512 feet. The shot tore the screen. Barry is just sick.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Re: Whoa, Barry Bonds

Originally posted by Ryanwb
I am watching the Giants/Cubs game. They showed a clip from batting practice.

Barry hit a ball to right field, out of the park, across the street that broke a 3rd story window in a building :eek:

Incredible

Definately watch SportsCenter tonight to see that baby

Did he use his Corked bat? :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Does anybody know why Barry's head is like a size 8 1/2.

Look at some video of Barry when he played for the Pirates and explain how that guy is hitting balls 512 feet.

If Babe Ruth had followed the same"diet" as Barry he would have hit 1000 home runs.

mark1

Veteran
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing what Dianabol can do for a person? :)

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
It looks as if Barry Bonds will not return to the Giants lineup until Tuesday at the

ESPN.com news services

It looks as if Barry Bonds will not return to the Giants lineup until Tuesday at the earliest.

Grieving the loss of his father, baseball's home run leader likely will miss San Francisco's current series against the Colorado Rockies and their weekend series against the Arizona Diamondbacks as well. The Giants return home to play Colorado on Tuesday.

A representative for Bonds told the Contra Costa Times earlier this week that it was doubtful that Bonds would join the team on its visits to Colorado and Arizona. However, the representative said it was possible, albeit unlikely, that Bonds could rejoin the team in Arizona.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good for Bonds. I am in the minority but he is a great baseball player no matter what kind of person he is.

He deserved the award this year.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feds to indict Bonds' trainer

It will be interesting to see if this guy gives info about Barry Bonds and steroids. Right now he is not talking.

SAN FRANCISCO -- The federal government is preparing indictments against a nutritional supplements lab and its founder, as well as the personal trainer of baseball star Barry Bonds, the Associated Press has learned.

A grand jury in San Francisco will be presented with the indictments by prosecutors Thursday morning, according to federal law enforcement sources, who spoke Wednesday night with the AP on condition of anonymity.

Grand jurors have spent several months probing the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative and its founder, Victor Conte. Another target of the grand jury has been personal trainer Greg Anderson.

The two federal law enforcement sources would not divulge what charges prosecutors were seeking from the grand jury, which has been probing possible violations of tax laws and the allegedly improper distribution of steroids.

Conte has denied supplying athletes with banned substances. He did not immediately respond Wednesday night to an e-mail seeking comment.

The law enforcement sources said no indictments were being sought now against any athletes.

A parade of top athletes from at least five sports, ranging from Bonds to Olympic track star Marion Jones to boxer Shane Mosley, appeared before the grand jury probing BALCO and Anderson from late October to mid-December.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if the trainer just spilled the beans and admitted passing out steriods to athletes!

How many years is this trainer looking at to spend in jail? 5? with option for early release on good behavior.:rolleyes:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should Barry Bonds have an asterick next to his name or even

taken out of the record books if his trainer admits Barry was one of the players he gave steroids to? I wonder how many Giant players were juiced up? Besides Barry, I always thought Benito Santiago was using steroids.

Here is a breaking story on Barry's trainer. It should get more interesting very soon.

Feds: Bonds' trainer says he gave steroids to several players
Feb. 17, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds' personal trainer told federal agents he gave steroids to several baseball players, according to documents released Tuesday.

No players were identified in the documents and it was unclear whether the trainer, Greg Anderson, gave specific names to the federal agents.

Anderson was one of four men charged last week in a steroid-distribution ring that allegedly supplied athletes with banned substances. All four pleaded innocent. No athletes have been charged.

Federal officials released two affidavits Tuesday that supported search warrants used in raids on Anderson's home in September.

"Inside Anderson's residence, agents found steroids, syringes and other paraphernalia associated with steroid distribution activities," the documents said. "In addition, agents found files identifying specific athletes. These files contained calendars, which appear to contain references to daily doses of steroids and growth hormones."

The indictment announced last week said federal agents found about $63,920 in cash in a locked safe at Anderson's residence during the first raid.

"Some of the money was broken up into separate envelopes with the first names of known athlete clients written on them," the documents released Tuesday say.

The new documents say Anderson initially denied distributing steroids in discussions with federal agents but later said he sometimes "gave" steroids to people he knew.

"Upon further questioning, Anderson admitted that he had given steroids to several professional baseball players," the documents say.

Federal agents followed Anderson on Sept. 11, 2002, as he made a quick visit to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative -- the nutritional supplements lab allegedly at the center of the steroid-distribution ring.

"Anderson returned to his vehicle and proceeded to drive directly, without stopping, to Pacific Bell Park, a professional baseball stadium," the documents say. "Anderson was followed until he entered the players' parking lot area of the professional baseball stadium, past a gate and guarded entrance."

The Giants played a home day game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sept. 11, 2002. Bonds went 2-for-4 with an RBI double, but the Giants lost 7-3.

Anderson was not immediately available for comment. A spokeswoman for Bonds said he would not have any comment Tuesday.

The newly released documents also say BALCO founder Victor Conte admitted giving steroids to Anderson.

"Conte acknowledged that he knew Greg Anderson and stated that he gave Greg Anderson steroids to give to professional baseball players," the documents say. "Conte stated that he knew it was illegal to do this and that he `assumed' Anderson knew it was illegal."

Conte and his attorneys were not immediately available for comment.

Last edited:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I they'll find that this is true with other trainers as well. I'm happy they are cracking down on it...

Djaughe

Reaction score
Somewhere the spirit of Ruth is smiling....

Bonds should know better than diss the Bambino!:D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turk Wendell accuses Bonds of taking steroids

Very interesting. Is Barry going to crack?

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Barry Bonds chastised Colorado reliever Turk Wendell on Wednesday for accusing him of using steroids.

A day after Wendell said it was "clear just seeing his body" that Bonds was taking steroids, the San Francisco Giants slugger said the remark should've been made directly to him -- not a reporter.

"I heard about his comments. If you've got something to say, say it to my face," Bonds said. "Don't talk through the media."

"I'm not worried about him. I'm not worried about anyone. I have a lot of respect for Turk Wendell. I have a lot of respect for every baseball player in this game," he added. "You got something to say, you come to my face and say it and we'll deal with each other. Don't talk through the media like you're some tough guy."

On Tuesday in Tucson, Wendell criticized Bonds to The Denver Post.

Bonds, who has always denied using steroids, appeared in December before a grand jury probing a supplements lab accused of illegally distributing steroids to athletes.

His trainer, Greg Anderson, was among four men charged this month. All the men have pleaded innocent and no athletes have been charged.

"If my personal trainer, me, Turk Wendell, got indicted for that, there's no one in the world who wouldn't think that I wasn't taking steroids," Wendell was quoted as saying by the Post. "I mean, what, because he's Barry Bonds, no one's going to say that? I mean, obviously he did it. (His trainer) admitted to giving steroids to baseball players. He just doesn't want to say his name. You don't have to. It's clear just seeing his body."

Rockies pitcher Denny Neagle also chimed in on the subject.

"It is a pretty good coincidence that some of the names that are linked to them are the guys that are the big, massive, overmuscular looking guys," Neagle told the Post.

"I don't know or remember what Jason Giambi looked like back in his early days, but I know he wasn't as big as he is now. The jury is always going to be out on Barry."

Speaking after the Giants' first full-squad workout at spring training, Bonds also hinted that he isn't going to put up with as much from pitchers this season -- but he didn't go as far as saying he'd retaliate if he gets hit.

"I'm not playing with any of these guys out there this year," he said. "It's going to be a battle and a war. That's just what it's going to be. I think sometimes a couple of people got a little bit too comfortable with me, and those things are going to change. And it's going to change quick. Real quick. ...

"There's going to be a respect level. I'll respect you if you respect me. But if not, then we're going deal with that on the field. ... I don't ever threaten anyone. But things will be different."

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Turk Wendell has always been a loose cannon who marched to the beat of his own drum.

Have you guys seen spring training pics of Babo? Is it true he looks thinner? Jason Giambi doesn't even look like the same person.

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by schillingfan

Have you guys seen spring training pics of Babo? Is it true he looks thinner? Jason Giambi doesn't even look like the same person.

I thought Bonds looked the same in that interview but you really couldn't see his body. As for Giambi, he looks half his size. And if people weren't suspicious enough, he claims he only lost four pounds!

As for Turk, he's a clown to run his mouth like that. Should be interesting if those two meet up this year.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baseball needs to put an * next to Bonds' name in the record books.

I bet Barry does not even hit 35 home runs this year.

Djaughe

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• bondstp.jpg
    bondstp.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 154

mark1

Veteran
Reaction score
Barry Bonds is a cheater. Hank Aaron did it the old fashioned way. Even if Barry breaks Hank's record, he will always be known by baseball fans and historians as a cheater. Baseball better clean this up immediately or it could ruin the game. Anybody caught using steroids from here on out, should be suspended for one year at the very least. The drug testing policy in baseball right now is a joke. First Pete Rose bet on baseball, and now this. How much more abuse can the greatest game ever invented take? The owners and players union better wake the (expletive) up.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unfortunately the union has their head in the sand. They must think , well I don't know what they are thinking. If something isn't done quickly then baseball is going to lose a lot of fans.

I think one of the problems is that most of the problems occured in the past 2 or 3 years and if you tested players now they would be clean.

Az240z