The Cardinals "created a monster"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't play well. He played OK. His natural talent was enough to be OK on average and great for 7 games until teams figured out the things he leans on in replace of film study.
Sure. You win.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you are speculating that things have remained static.

Where there is no evidence that things have changed it is not speculation to assume they are the same.

And his play certainly doesn't indicate a change, or the quotes today that he didn't do the work after getting paid.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where there is no evidence that things have changed it is not speculation to assume they are the same.

And his play certainly doesn't indicate a change, or the quotes today that he didn't do the work after getting paid.
Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I realised early how absurd the whole "Kyler needs a coach with a firm grip on him" narrative is.

What other quarterback in the league can anyone say that about? When was the last one?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me spell it out for you in clear, concise terms.

Kyler had a film study issue in the past.
I am not sure if Kyler still has a film study issue. He still could; he may have gotten better. Is that clear enough?
As of July 21, 2022, the team still believed he had a film study issue. That's the day he signed his huge contract which - at that time - included a film study clause.

That was not even 7 months ago and his infamous quote was from less than 6 months before that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He didn't play well. He played OK. His natural talent was enough to be OK on average and great for 7 games until teams figured out the things he leans on in replace of film study.
Disagree. Kliff showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that HE couldn’t make the coaching adjustments to help his QB overcome what teams were doing to him. Even Payton has made that point quite clear. Like this fan base, Murray has been fed a $hit sandwich. Bidwill needs to bring in a HC who knows how to help his QB make counter adjustments. All you have to do is look at how piss poor Kliff’s record is both in the 2nd half of seasons over the last 10 years, and in 2nd half of games period.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No. It’s you burying your head in the sand ignoring Kyler’s own words, a literal contact provision put in specifically about watching game film, Kyler showing up late to a practice this season AND a current player saying he’s STILL not doing the work. AND him playing like complete crap this year after he got the contract.

All of those things are literal FACTS in evidence.
Yeah. I am confused as well with how he is saying this is speculation.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also quite remarkable that there's no counter-narrative that says that Kyler has been absolutely killing it in the film room, he's the first guy at the facility, he's staying late to work with Billy Price to get snaps right, etc., etc.

The team would LOVE to tell that story and promote how much Kyler has grown.

True. I do remember Kliff specifically saying before the Rams playoff game last year that Kyler had worked so hard getting ready for that game if he didn't play well it wouldn't be due to lack of preparation. But that's the closest anybody came and of course that game didn't exactly go well for Kyler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the lack of study is also an easy cop out. As I said last year Im more concerned about his lack of pocket presence.

It reminds me of Michael Vick. While we saw how much he improved in Philly by working harder he ultimately couldnt overcome pressure and finding throwing lanes. He still would sometimes rely on his athleticism to bail him out when his vision wasnt there.

Kyler needs to study harder. Hopefully this last year and half humbled him in terms of thinking he's got it figured out. However, to me where the rubber meets the road is he has to physically be able to subtlety move in and out of the pocket to find wrs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not studying enough film. That's now a fact. It's been reported a number of times from various sources.

Its either laziness, arrogance or both. Neither are good.
You’re guessing. It might be true, but, again,maybe not.

Regardless, something’s not clicking on Offense. Everyone must work super hard to figure out what the problem is and fix it.

There needs to be a “willingness to do whatever it takes to win” attitude from top to bottom. Denial belongs on the back shelf with every one on the same page. The player (whether it be Kyler or some other dude) has to buy in 100%.

I get the feeling that most players, coaches & mgt are focused on protecting their own turf. Won’t work. Everyone has to zero in on what it takes to win and which players have to do what to get there.

The end.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re guessing. It might be true, but, again,maybe not.

Regardless, something’s not clicking on Offense. Everyone must work super hard to figure out what the problem is and fix it.

There needs to be a “willingness to do whatever it takes to win” attitude from top to bottom. Denial belongs on the back shelf with every one on the same page. The player (whether it be Kyler or some other dude) has to buy in 100%.

I get the feeling that most players, coaches & mgt are focused on protecting their own turf. Won’t work. Everyone has to zero in on what it takes to win and which players have to do what to get there.

The end.
If the QB can't read the D sees things differnt because he didn't study and thinks he is a knowsitall and often because of all of this not on the same page as the WR ... and when sometimes it works and often not, you have a hard time to check what the real problem is and how to solve it.

But overall, Bidwill is now in a bad position for himself: he has to eat 2 full contracts and baring miracle he has to keep Kyler Murray happy and get production out of him.

So basically he needs to hire someone that has a SB or was in the SB. Kyler wil not trust any HC that hasn't a great resumee. So from my point of view Bidwill will need to hire Payton or Harbaugh. If both don't want to, you could stick with Vance joseph, at least you tank another year and try to get rid of KM.

But h yeah the Cards are in a bad spot.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the QB can't read the D sees things differnt because he didn't study and thinks he is a knowsitall and often because of all of this not on the same page as the WR ... and when sometimes it works and often not, you have a hard time to check what the real problem is and how to solve it.

But overall, Bidwill is now in a bad position for himself: he has to eat 2 full contracts and baring miracle he has to keep Kyler Murray happy and get production out of him.

So basically he needs to hire someone that has a SB or was in the SB. Kyler wil not trust any HC that hasn't a great resumee. So from my point of view Bidwill will need to hire Payton or Harbaugh. If both don't want to, you could stick with Vance joseph, at least you tank another year and try to get rid of KM.

But h yeah the Cards are in a bad spot.
I agree, it has to be a coach with a pedigree the whole team will respect. My way or the highway dude. No more internal dysfunction like Kliff.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For the sake of being objective:

Kyler is clearly broken though. It’s way more than theoretical study habits. The insertion of the clause and it’s leak was so dumb in countless ways.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
For the sake of being objective:

Kyler is clearly broken though. It’s way more than theoretical study habits. The insertion of the clause and it’s leak was so dumb in countless ways.
It's almost like Kyler blames the study clause (and losing in general) on Kliff Kingsbury,

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the millionth time, it can't happen. The team would take on $97.5 million in dead money.

The cap next year is $220 million, with about $198 of the $220 already accounted for!

I can't tell you how much basic **** like this irritates me. How hard is it to put some facts behind your statement?

The internet allow you to do as much research as you like and instead most are like "I have no idea how this relates to anything but what if tomorrow the Sun was green"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose