The Cardinals "created a monster"

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please re-read my stance in this thread.
Look everyone did, and it still doesn't make sense. You are entitled to your opinion, but the facts: Kylers own words, and play on the field and the bits that got out (even trough Larry on National TV) tell the same story, again and again.

Our QB is a bad leader, is not willing or sees any need to put in the extra work in the TV room and doesn't like to study the game.

Gosh, there is even the word out that Hopkins after returning to the team and seeing the same preparation by Kyler wanted to get traded imidiatly.

Look, the Cardinals can't get rid of Kyler unless they somehow find someone that is willing to overpay for KM and they find enough money to make it work and start a full rebuild now.

But since that isn't realistic, the only thing they can do is: Fire the GM that made this bad contract (done), fire the HC that let it get to this size of a problem and seemingly isn't able to salvage the investment made by the GM (done). Afterwards the Cards need to find a HC that maybe can salvage KM and if not possible, and a GM that can build/develope/coach a team that plays well enough that in 2 years we can get rid of KM.

But overall, Kliff wanted Kyler and now he lost his job because of Kyler. I think this will be a good learning process for KK and somehow he will get a job somewhere. But the Cards have to deal with KM and we all can only hope, that KM gets it done...

But parts of the WR, O-line and probably JJ Watt think, this kid is so full of himself that they can't win with him.

So yes we don't know if after the injurie KM got the message that he has to learn more, but for what we know from players, contract, Kyler himself and so on, Kyler Murray didn't change since 2021 in this regard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Here is one of those sources...

“I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.” - Kyler Murray

And what year was that quote from? 2021.

You responded to a quote FROM KYLER with this. What proof do you have that anything has changed because if you don't have any proof, that is the last thing from Kyler that we have to go off of?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm reading that Kyler needs to be held accountable for preparing for games. And I'm also reading that KK didn't do this and was too lax overall.

That's all fair at this point and take showed this year.

Now, what gets me is an anonymous player calling him a monster abs hid8ng behind a reporter. If it's true and you want change, tell Kyler that he's become a monster and be the mentor he needs instead of a quote.

From what we know, Larry did, I'm quite sure Hop did as well, and we saw the result. This getting the word out, is probably the last straw that guys under contract that aren't rich enough to retire or can demand a trade are using to salvage theire own carrer.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Here is one of those sources...

“I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.” - Kyler Murray

You responded to a quote FROM KYLER with this. What proof do you have that anything has changed because if you don't have any proof, that is the last thing from Kyler that we have to go off of?
I responded from a quote from 2021. It is now 2023. We do not know the if Kyler has made progress on his film study from this. It isn't that hard to understand.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look everyone did, and it still doesn't make sense.
Let me spell it out for you in clear, concise terms.

Kyler had a film study issue in the past.
I am not sure if Kyler still has a film study issue. He still could; he may have gotten better. Is that clear enough?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some me proof that Kyler has changed his mindset and study habits since his 2021 article.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what year was that quote from? 2021.
Late December of 2021, practically 2022, and only a few months before his big contract. Clearly, we all read way too much into his own words even though it was such a big deal that the team put a clause about film study in his contract.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what we know, Larry did, I'm quite sure Hop did as well, and we saw the result. This getting the word out, is probably the last straw that guys under contract that aren't rich enough to retire or can demand a trade are using to salvage theire own carrer.
The problem is that when it's anonymous, it falls on deaf ears. Instead, the internet just argues if it's true.

But your point is valid.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't this also mean that Kyler felt compelled to study and fulfill the duties of a franchise QB before signing his contract, thus poking a huge hole in the Kyler-has-never-put-in-the-work narrative?

I'm just kidding. I don't actually care. This argument is staler than the old Warner/Leinart battles on the team board, and nobody is going to change their mind, anyway. However, we will see that stupid NYT quote posted another dozen times, so at least that's something!

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I responded from a quote from 2021. It is now 2023. We do not know the if Kyler has made progress on his film study from this. It isn't that hard to understand.

It was printed in December 2021. It's 13 months old.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can all sit here and argue this nonsense until we’re blue in the face. We‘re never going to know Murray’s value to this franchise until we have a HC here who’s system elevates Kyler to star status or who‘s overall past success gives him credibility to say that Kyler isn’t suited for consistent success in the NFL. Exactly why it would make ZERO sense to hire anyone other than Payton or Harbaugh. If I’m the owner of this franchise & I’ve invested $250M into my QB, I would move heaven and earth to find out if that’s a good investment or not. And I would need to know ASAP.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cute. I assume you went back and re-read my posts and couldn't find where I said that Kyler improved his film study.
#1 overall picks should not fall into "above average" category.

Jacoby Brissett playing above average is great. Kyler Murray being above average is not.
I'm not saying it is great that Kyler didn't play well last year. It isn't.

You are still not point out the flaw in the argument. If Kyler isn't playing well because he didn't study, why did he play well when he didn't study?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been very clear several times in this thread that I do not know that he has changed one way or another. It isn't me that is speculating.
No. It’s you burying your head in the sand ignoring Kyler’s own words, a literal contact provision put in specifically about watching game film, Kyler showing up late to a practice this season AND a current player saying he’s STILL not doing the work. AND him playing like complete crap this year after he got the contract.

All of those things are literal FACTS in evidence.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me spell it out for you in clear, concise terms.

Kyler had a film study issue in the past.
I am not sure if Kyler still has a film study issue. He still could; he may have gotten better. Is that clear enough?

Kyler may also be shape shifting alien. Kyler and Kliff are actually the same person. That's why we never see them on Hard Knocks together.

I have no evidence of this, but it could be true.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. It’s you burying your head in the sand ignoring Kyler’s own words, a literal contact provision put in specifically about watching game film, Kyler showing up late to a practice this season AND a current player saying he’s STILL not doing the work. AND him playing like complete crap this year after he got the contract.

All of those things are literal FACTS in evidence.
Me saying 'I don't know' is burying my head in the sand? Too funny.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler may also be shape shifting alien. Kyler and Kliff are actually the same person. That's why we never see them on Hard Knocks together.

I have no evidence of this, but it could be true.
Why debate when this is the logic you turn to?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cute. I assume you went back and re-read my posts and couldn't find where I said that Kyler improved his film study.

I'm not saying it is great that Kyler didn't play well last year. It isn't.

You are still not point out the flaw in the argument. If Kyler isn't playing well because he didn't study, why did he play well when he didn't study?

He didn't play well. He played OK. His natural talent was enough to be OK on average and great for 7 games until teams figured out the things he leans on in replace of film study.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose