The Cardinals Are Trash

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Pretty tough driving 2+ hours each way every Sunday to watch the Cards suck...but I've been doing it since the mid 90's :(
Man, loyalty is a curse. I can barely sit through it on TV.

As I've said before, we must have all done some pretty terrible things to be stuck with these losers.

Why should we care, when the team so obviously doesn't? I'm sure everyone involved would swear up and down that they're trying their hardest and giving their all, but we all know that isn't true. It's proven every time they play a competent team - teams that have identities, teams that are disciplined, teams that have a plan.

This team is in year 4 with no identity, no discipline and no plan. The only thing we know at this point is that this leadership group is utterly hopeless.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. That was a dumb throw & why Kyler keep throwing to AJ is even more dumb.

That doesn’t absolve the predictable play design, though.

While predictable it still garnered not one but two other wide-open options for the first down… That’s on Kyler

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree. That was a dumb throw & why Kyler keep throwing to AJ is even more dumb.

That doesn’t absolve the predictable play design, though.
I agree 100% with your position that because Kliff has not evolved his scheme (for whatever reason) it has become repetitive and predictable. No argument.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yall spending a lot of time on the first drive of the game is...interesting.

For all we know in practice they were really successful with AJ back shoulder throws. They clearly went away from it after that drive.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While predictable it still garnered not one but two other wide-open options for the first down… That’s on Kyler
I agree with this as well. Predictable and repetitive does not always equal ineffective. This is why I believe that Kyler makes the offense looks worse than it really is even if it may not be the innovative scheme it was billed to be.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yall spending a lot of time on the first drive of the game is...interesting.

For all we know in practice they were really successful with AJ back shoulder throws. They clearly went away from it after that drive.
The slow start is a big reason.

The idiocy of Kyler is another.

The fact they didn't exploit a significantly stupid defensive scheme decision is the biggest.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably, many won't agree, and I'm not only talking about this year, but the future, as well. But, I think that in the NFC West, Arizona has the best chance for future success. And, I'm basing that on KM, mostly. Having two uber receivers helps him, also. Those who want to disagree will point to KK and SK, and probably w/o mentioning that SK drafted KM and traded for the two WR's. The other NFC West teams:
The Rams-After Donald and Stafford leave, they'll be left with a VG coach and a VG WR.
The 49ers-A very good defense won't be enough to overcome major questions concerning the QB position. Even with a VG coach.
Seattle-An aging coach and a mediocre team.

As the song goes, "I'll take Manhattan".

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably, many won't agree, and I'm not only talking about this year, but the future, as well. But, I think that in the NFC West, Arizona has the best chance for future success. And, I'm basing that on KM, mostly. Having two uber receivers helps him, also. Those who want to disagree will point to KK and SK, and probably w/o mentioning that SK drafted KM and traded for the two WR's. The other NFC West teams:
The Rams-After Donald and Stafford leave, they'll be left with a VG coach and a VG WR.
The 49ers-A very good defense won't be enough to overcome major questions concerning the QB position. Even with a VG coach.
Seattle-An aging coach and a mediocre team.

As the song goes, "I'll take Manhattan".

This is why watching our primo investment in Kyler look like an investment in Blockbusters in 2010 is so frustrating.

Kyler is supposed to be the best QB in the division. He's currently the worst (excluding the Niners QB merry go round).

Even Geno Smith is kicking his ass.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I said Kyler has his problems. I’m not going to absolve him of blame.

But when it comes to Kliff, I refuse to have low expectations when it comes to him. If his offenses were unpredictable & Kyler was still missing guys, I would have zero faith in Kyler right now, but when I keep seeing the same mesh/9/comeback routes with no motion, that’s the same ole Kliff problem. It’s irritating because I thought Kliff would grow from late 2019 when he was showing a little bit more diversity with his playbook. He calls the same offense regardless of the QB back there.

I hate it cause I had a bit of faith of him when people were losing it. Today, I just completely lost it.
He was much more creative in 2019, hasn't even came close to that since.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When does it ever equal effective?
Well...this play had two players open at the first down marker, and Kyler just chose to throw at Ramsey on the fly route.

The play in the red zone had McBride open on the corner, but Kyler threw it underneath in traffic to Conner.

There are several plays every week where players are open and that implies an effective scheme. Even if those plays are hitch routes or fly routes or other predictable combos. I guess we can debate how many plays that should be but I don't believe either of us know.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
83 offensive plays we ran yesterday. 83!

And didn't score TD.

Kyler's completion percentage is down 5.2 percentage points while his YPA has dropped from 7.9 to 5.6.

How do you throw shorter passes and get less accurate?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Nothing can absolve these things:

#1. Being down by 11 and not kicking a FG with most of a quarter left

#2. Being down 11 with 8 minutes left and exhibiting zero urgency despite having 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning.

#3. Getting down to 5 minutes left and not racing for a FG with your 3 clock stoppages so you don't have to onside kick

I can rant about Kyler regression, dropped passes, a terrible set of scripted plays, team culture, lack of motion, running up the middle out of the shotgun, and roster construction but that all pales in comparison to the complete lack of understanding of situational football.

We are completely outmatched as long as Kliff calls plays.
I didn't read through the whole gameday thread, but #1 above deserves a lot more chatter than I've seen it get. In the 4th quarter, it should be automatic when down by 11 to take the FG and make it a one score game. All things being the same (which of course you can't assume would really have happened), we get the ball with 6:34 left, down 8 and it's a totally different situation late in the game.

I also disagree a bit with #3 about needing to race your FG team on in that situation, but absolutely no argument can be made for the horrendous clock management that drive.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is why watching our primo investment in Kyler look like an investment in Blockbusters in 2010 is so frustrating.

Kyler is supposed to be the best QB in the division. He's currently the worst (excluding the Niners QB merry go round).

Even Geno Smith is kicking his ass.
Any chance that Seattle would be willing to trade for Geno? As for Stafford he's trending downward. And, for him, next year will be worse, IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
83 offensive plays we ran yesterday. 83!

And didn't score TD.

Kyler's completion percentage is down 5.2 percentage points while his YPA has dropped from 7.9 to 5.6.

How do you throw shorter passes and get less accurate?

To be fair we had what 6 drops yesterday? This early in the season lots of drops will hurt your % more.

But the short stuff is pretty obvious we have one deep threat guy on the field in Brown and he's seeing safety help. Even the one Kyler barely overthrew there was safety help there it wasn't 1 on 1. So it's not surprising the routes are shorter this year given the WR situation beyond Brown.

But Kyler has to make better decisions and frankly Kliff has to adapt his gameplan. I thought the question at the presser was brilliant you have a bunch of small Wr's and you're asking them to block and it's not working why not change it. That's a snarky way of saying with the WR situation shouldn't you be playing 2 TE's and running the ball more?

Kyler probably should have run more yesterday but there honestly weren't called runs and I didn't see too many plays where I felt like he had an easy run and didn't take it. They schemed to keep him in the pocket and it worked.

It's going to be a long 6 games without D Hop if we continue to have the same offense

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so frustrated after that play... McBride was WIDE OPEN for the TD

Can someone post a screenshot I watch it on streaming Sunday Ticket so I can't replay and I didn't notice it in the replay

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well...this play had two players open at the first down marker, and Kyler just chose to throw at Ramsey on the fly route.
It’s a good thing we went to it the next 60 times because it seems like there was nothing else to call.
The play in the red zone had McBride open on the corner, but Kyler threw it underneath in traffic to Conner.
Bad decision by Kyler. One of the rare times the play design didn’t involve a mesh at the goal-line. That’s all Kyler right there.
I guess we can debate how many plays that should be but I don't believe either of us know.
I bet both of us believe that’s a lot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would’ve on that play if Kyler made the right read
It’s that why it called so many more times that one lost count? Because the only thing that one knows is a comeback or 9 route?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Can someone post a screenshot I watch it on streaming Sunday Ticket so I can't replay and I didn't notice it in the replay
Finally signed up for NFL+, which I get for free as a season ticket holder. The All-22 is not up yet, but here's the best screen grab I could get. There is a defender just out of screen at the top of the "D" in Cardinals, but McBride has an easy TD if you go that way. Instead, he threw to Conner - on 3rd and Goal. I added the captions, obviously.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally signed up for NFL+, which I get for free as a season ticket holder. The All-22 is not up yet, but here's the best screen grab I could get. There is a defender just out of screen at the top of the "D" in Cardinals, but McBride has an easy TD if you go that way. Instead, he threw to Conner - on 3rd and Goal. I added the captions, obviously.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wow thanks that's bad he should see him too he's right where Conner is running to

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose