The Cardinals Are Trash

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing is with D Hop out it's now very obvious the throwing the ball to the left thing that has to be Kyler right? So many of today's throws today were left.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since 1967. Adjusting expectations is the only way to handle it.

I was at least hoping for a new GM but those hopes were dashed when Keim was extended.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think we’ll be decent when dhop is back just hope we’re at least 3-3 by that point
That's assuming it's the same DHop when back. It's not uncommon for players to be a shadow of their former self after a PED suspension.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fan since 74 just can't quit but this is getting bad the extensions to Kliff and Keim were just disastrous.

Actually 2 games in a row where the defense adjusted and kept us in the game but Kliff not kickign the FG and some plays we had to make and didn't cost us.
Same here. I think it was about 74 with Coryell as coach. Great players back then:Hart, Metcalf, Dan Dierdorf, Mel Gray, Jackie Smith, Roger Wherli, Jim Otis…

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any little bit of hope I had in Kingsbury is gone.

Offense is just so predictable & boring. It’s either just Mesh or the outside WRs running a 9 route or comeback. Rarely ever moving the WRs & rarely calling motion. I don’t buy that as a Kyler problem because the offense was ran the same with McCoy last year. In the wins, 49ers played a stupid defensive gameplan & played deep all game while McCoy kept going for the check downs. Seattle had an awful defense. You go look at those games & see there was rarely any motion & non-predictable routes in that game too. It’s a shame that I believe Kliff’s best coached game was against the Giants in 2019. It’s literally just “Kyler go run around & make a play”. The national media sees that.

I still believe Keim is the biggest problem & Kyler has his own problems, but Kliff has shot up there big time when it comes to completely losing faith. I legitimately cannot believe he hasn’t learned, especially being in a division where McVay & Shanahan run much more unpredictable & detailed offenses. You would believe he has learned from him. Sad he’s just stuck in his own ways.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Shaky defense, 4 WR injured, erratic QB, substandard coaching. This is 2002 all over again

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Offense is just so predictable & boring. It’s either just Mesh or the outside WRs running a 9 route or comeback. Rarely ever moving the WRs & rarely calling motion. I don’t buy that as a Kyler problem because the offense was ran the same with McCoy last year. In the wins, 49ers played a stupid defensive gameplan & played deep all game while McCoy kept going for the check downs. Seattle had an awful defense. You go look at those games & see there was rarely any motion & non-predictable routes in that game too. It’s a shame that I believe Kliff’s best coached game was against the Giants in 2019. It’s literally just “Kyler go run around & make a play”. The national media sees that.

I still believe Keim is the biggest problem & Kyler has his own problems, but Kliff has shot up there big time when it comes to completely losing faith. I legitimately cannot believe he hasn’t learned, especially being in a division where McVay & Shanahan run much more unpredictable & detailed offenses. You would believe he has learned from him. Sad he’s just stuck in his own ways.
Kyler is a problem. Let Kyler run around and make a play is not sustainable. He will NEVER be held accountable. He misread at least 5 passes THAT I saw.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Kliff seemed more creative with less during his 1st year. More creativity in the run game as well.

Kyler...he doesnt make the plays the very good ones make consistently. He doesnt enforce his will on the game enough. We should have still scored 30+ vs the Raiders and Chiefs cause those are mid defenses and he should be talented enough to do that. Despite Kliff's issues and Keim's issues. Its a tie game if he hits Hollywood and Ertz for TDs. Lamar is making him look worse everyday. However, Jalen Hurts really highlights the importance of properly building your roster.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff seemed more creative with less during his 1st year. More creativity in the run game as well.

Kyler...he doesnt make the plays the very good ones make consistently. He doesnt enforce his will on the game enough. We should have still scored 30+ vs the Raiders and Chiefs cause those are mid defenses and he should be talented enough to do that. Despite Kliff's issues and Keim's issues. Its a tie game if he hits Hollywood and Ertz for TDs. Lamar is making him look worse everyday. However, Jalen Hurts really highlights the importance of properly building your roster.
I said Kyler has his problems. I’m not going to absolve him of blame.

But when it comes to Kliff, I refuse to have low expectations when it comes to him. If his offenses were unpredictable & Kyler was still missing guys, I would have zero faith in Kyler right now, but when I keep seeing the same mesh/9/comeback routes with no motion, that’s the same ole Kliff problem. It’s irritating because I thought Kliff would grow from late 2019 when he was showing a little bit more diversity with his playbook. He calls the same offense regardless of the QB back there.

I hate it cause I had a bit of faith of him when people were losing it. Today, I just completely lost it.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've watched maybe ~5 minutes of Cards football this season.

I was kicking myself for having a deadline, but maybe it's a good thing ... oof.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA