The Cardinals Are Trash

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing can absolve these things:

#1. Being down by 11 and not kicking a FG with most of a quarter left

#2. Being down 11 with 8 minutes left and exhibiting zero urgency despite having 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning.

#3. Getting down to 5 minutes left and not racing for a FG with your 3 clock stoppages so you don't have to onside kick

I can rant about Kyler regression, dropped passes, a terrible set of scripted plays, team culture, lack of motion, running up the middle out of the shotgun, and roster construction but that all pales in comparison to the complete lack of understanding of situational football.

We are completely outmatched as long as Kliff calls plays.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Shaky defense, 4 WR injured, erratic QB, substandard coaching. This is 2002 all over again
Funny enough, I said that Kyler Murray's play was starting to remind me of Jake Plummer to someone today. But honestly, I almost feel like that team had more heart.

Although, that team wasn't mired in hopelessness like we'd signed all of the problems to six more years of this. I'm almost getting uninterested in the sport, when I used to be the most passionate person about football that existed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said Kyler has his problems. I’m not going to absolve him of blame.

But when it comes to Kliff, I refuse to have low expectations when it comes to him. If his offenses were unpredictable & Kyler was still missing guys, I would have zero faith in Kyler right now, but when I keep seeing the same mesh/9/comeback routes with no motion, that’s the same ole Kliff problem. It’s irritating because I thought Kliff would grow from late 2019 when he was showing a little bit more diversity with his playbook. He calls the same offense regardless of the QB back there.

I hate it cause I had a bit of faith of him when people were losing it. Today, I just completely lost it.
Idk. I just think he gets shook and retreats to his safety net. Either he gets shook or he thinks Kyler is shook and tries to go back to the basics to get a rhythm going.

TBF, glass half full, maybe Kliff/Kyler are just guys who need stacked talent. I know someone will bring up the 49ers and Seahawks games, but as you said some of that was a blunder by the 49ers.

Here's hoping talent for the scheme = great success when Hopkins and Moore are back.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not that i like the coaching either but the team just bad honestly, keim cant draft, as simple as that.
It really does suck that a 2nd rounder, and two 3rd rounders cant contribute.

I didnt love the Hollywood trade. But maybe getting a vet was him at least not waste another first round pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TBF, glass half full, maybe Kliff/Kyler are just guys who need stacked talent. I know someone will bring up the 49ers and Seahawks games, but as you said some of that was a blunder by the 49ers.
Kliff needs to innovate his scheme. Even with “stacked” talent, I don’t trust him. The scheme was the same boring & predictable offense even with McCoy played against SF, Carolina, & Seattle last year.

The one game we beat the Rams, it was just Kyler ad-libbing majority of the time. It’s aggravating.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I remember in the off-season, some were saying our D will be fine, our Oline is average to good, Kyler will take the next step......then the extensions....and I heard now we have stability.....me and others said we're in for a long 5 yrs and now after KK, KM and SK got paid there would be no urgency whatsoever to win..... we're living it now.....gonna be a long few years folks cuz ain't nothing changing for a long time

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler is a problem. Let Kyler run around and make a play is not sustainable. He will NEVER be held accountable. He misread at least 5 passes THAT I saw.
And effing slid effing in effing bounds in effing hurryup effing offense! And effing ran the effing clock effing down to effing 10 effing seconds after that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I remember in the off-season, some were saying our D will be fine, our Oline is average to good, Kyler will take the next step......then the extensions....and I heard now we have stability.....me and others said we're in for a long 5 yrs and now after KK, KM and SK got paid there would be no urgency whatsoever to win..... we're living it now.....gonna be a long few years folks cuz ain't nothing changing for a long time
Yeah, we were made fun of, called chicken littles, belittled and scoffed at. By the very same posters too scared or arrogant to admit to any of that. Man, does it suck being 100 percent right.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff needs to innovate his scheme. Even with “stacked” talent, I don’t trust him. The scheme was the same boring & predictable offense even with McCoy played against SF, Carolina, & Seattle last year.

The one game we beat the Rams, it was just Kyler ad-libbing majority of the time. It’s aggravating.
With Hopkins we were 8-2 and could have easily been 9-1 if not for the AJ Green mishap.

We get back to executing like the 1st half of last year Im ok with the scheme. The key being execution.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
With Hopkins we were 8-2 and could have easily been 9-1 if not for the AJ Green mishap.

We get back to executing like the 1st half of last year Im ok with the scheme. The key being execution.
If we're counting on 1 player to get us to winning then we're in deep doo doo

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That last drive was something out of Andy Reid's nightmares back when he coached the Eagles.

Which team was trying to kill the clock?

17 play drive when down 2 scores that also use all your own timeouts... just abysmal game management.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we’ll be decent when dhop is back just hope we’re at least 3-3 by that point

If we NEED Dhop to be decent we’re not a decent team with him either…. Jmo one guy shouldn’t make or break a season for a football team unless it’s your QB.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's just so many obvious things but I mean Kliff was supposed to be creative. They're scheming Skowronek open all over the field and get a walkin TD to Kupp on the run. We're out there with plays over and over where no movement just sitting there.

That 4th down play to Hollywood the play was supposed to go to Ertz, the LB read it and was sitting there waiting so Kyler pumped and then pressure on him had throw it and hope. We play them multiple times a year, they seem to know our plays, we never seem to know theirs.

There's a ton of things wrong with this team but Kliff is definitely one of them.
We did outgain them Cupp had 2 for 44. They scored 20 points. Lol. I mean the dude you call a genius on the Rams had 320
Yards and like 78 in 2nd half. It’s a work in progress. Let’s see where we are when DHop comes back. We have played 2 of our toughest games already

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are so right. I’m sick of hearing this. See Rodgers with no receivers so far this year.
Sort of.

Rams wouldn't sniff the SB last season without Kupp.

Packers failed to do anything the years he got hurt (obv).

Bucs sucked without Godwin/Brown.