The Boys (Amazon)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fan-freaking-tastic! I've been shut in on COVID quarantine, and was all ready to binge this show...then realized the whole hadn't dropped yet. Mother fracker!

That had to have been the most bizarre scene I've ever seen or heard of. They managed to pull it off in a fantastic manner because on paper, it never should have worked.

This season has started stronger than the last. They started the delayed drop schedule last season so I expected it this year but wish they would have dropped it all once. I'm stoked to see where they take things after the first 3 episodes though because they were all really good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love season 3 so far.

It's everything that the Marvel shows aren't. And that's a good thing.
Meh. It's comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect DC movies to have the same tone as Marvel. I don't expect shows on Disney+ to have the same sadistic and twisted tone of The Boys on Amazon Prime. They are not remotely the same thing IMO. I enjoy the shows on Disney+. They have been light years better than some of the crap on network television. I love this show as well but I don't watch any of them expecting to draw a direct comparison.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Meh. It's comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect DC movies to have the same tone as Marvel. I don't expect shows on Disney+ to have the same sadistic and twisted tone of The Boys on Amazon Prime. They are not remotely the same thing IMO. I enjoy the shows on Disney+. They have been light years better than some of the crap on network television. I love this show as well but I don't watch any of them expecting to draw a direct comparison.
The Boys is not DC.

DC canned The Boys because it was pretty much, making fun of DC characters like Superman and Aquaman.

I like the "realism" of The Boys over the Marvel shows. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Boys is not DC.

DC canned The Boys because it was pretty much, making fun of DC characters like Superman and Aquaman.

I like the "realism" of The Boys over the Marvel shows. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Pretty sure he wasn't saying that The Boys was DC, it seemed to me it was just an example that all superhero properties aren't alike. DC isn't like Marvel, and neither is The Boys. At least that's how I took it.

I like, but don't love, The Boys, mainly because it is so mean spirited.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Boys is not DC.

I didn't say it was DC. I am saying that when watching the different properties, DC or Marvel I don't expect the same tone. Just like I don't expect the same tone watching The Boys verses something on Disney +. The Boys isn't for everyone and is not reaching for the same audience.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Homelander is a great villain IMO. Just sadistic. I have to wonder though how long the writers can keep Homelander's on this same thread as the show goes on. I mean fans sooner or later are going to want some vengeance or satisfaction that Homelander gets his. By season 3 it seems like the rest of the characters have had enough. I am curious to see how the writers deal with this considering that's been the major theme of the show. Maybe that's what Solider Boy is for? Putting him in his place.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Homelander is a great villain IMO. Just sadistic. I have to wonder though how long the writers can keep Homelander's on this same thread as the show goes on. I mean fans sooner or later are going to want some vengeance or satisfaction that Homelander gets his. By season 3 it seems like the rest of the characters have had enough. I am curious to see how the writers deal with this considering that's been the major theme of the show. Maybe that's what Solider Boy is for? Putting him in his place.
My call? Homelander dies to end the season.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So I know this is getting into P&R territory, but apparently there was a meltdown on The Boys subreddit from right wingers who were hoping Homelander would have a redemption story arc and now realize he is the actual villain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I know this is getting into P&R territory, but apparently there was a meltdown on The Boys subreddit from right wingers who were hoping Homelander would have a redemption story arc and now realize he is the actual villain.
They… expected the big bad to end up the big good? Lol. Those people are truly idiots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose